• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
John Lackey's demonstrative behavior after Scutaro made an error and botched a DP was brilliant, looked like he was going to go Big Papi on Scutaro's Kevin Gregg. Scutaro should have pointed to the scoreboard though, the one that shows Lackey's 6.75 ERA.

That 09-10 Boston offseason was pretty terrible. Lackey, Scutaro, Cameron, Bill Hall. The savior being the one year signing of Beltre. Lackey is going down as the worst move Theo has ever made. Even worse than Dice-K.

Scott Hairston doing his absolute best to make Terry Collins look like an utter genius.

We should just cut Beltran. Dude sucks in comparison to the beast that is Scott Hairston. Lock him up Sandy.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Bert Blyleven's number getting retired tonight.

#28 will be unusable. Forever.

:)

Dragon

Banned
darkside31337 said:
John Lackey's demonstrative behavior after Scutaro made an error and botched a DP was brilliant, looked like he was going to go Big Papi on Scutaro's Kevin Gregg. Scutaro should have pointed to the scoreboard though, the one that shows Lackey's 6.75 ERA.

That 09-10 Boston offseason was pretty terrible. Lackey, Scutaro, Cameron, Bill Hall. The savior being the one year signing of Beltre. Lackey is going down as the worst move Theo has ever made. Even worse than Dice-K.

I hate John Lackey and his behavior. But I'm going to disagree with you. Bill Hall was fine for what they signed him for and he hit something like 15-20 homers as a super-sub. And Scutaro is exactly what they signed him for. So shit on Theo for Lackey/Renteria/amongst others all you want.

Lackey fucking sucks beyond belief and is assuredly the worst contract the Red Sox have. Hilariously he outpitched Shields today (if you ignore the fact that Tampa fucking sucks offensively).

Your seven game winning streak prediction seems to be in jeopardy...

Sanjuro

How was Scutaro a bad signing? He had a great year last season playing hurt and is putting up good numbers this year as well.

Lowrie is the ideal but he is made of glass.

jakncoke

Banned
I think it'd be awesome when Tabata comes back if we just move Pressly to right and put Jones to some bench role or something. so sick of Jones

edit: aslol's. this is why you're 30+ games under .500
edi2: oh ffs.

Doytch

im actually pretty surprised at the attendance for astros games. would've expected it to be empty.
CygnusXS said:
A-Gone, say what
wanted to watch that game. apparently NC is blacked out of natinals games.

Dragon

Banned
Doytch said:
wanted to watch that game. apparently NC is blacked out of natinals games.

Yeah NC sucks. Baltimore, Washington, Cincinnati (??!!) and the Braves are all 'home' teams. MLB is fucking stupid. So because we don't have one home team we have four. Gee thanks.

Jangocube

Banned
Edwin Jackson, I will absolutely never understand the way he works. He can be completely dominate or just flat out Bartolo Colon terrible.

verbum

TheBranca18 said:
Yeah NC sucks. Baltimore, Washington, Cincinnati (??!!) and the Braves are all 'home' teams. MLB is fucking stupid. So because we don't have one home team we have four. Gee thanks.

They probably figured y'all would be in the back shooting baskets or in the garage building a new engine.

Doytch

TheBranca18 said:
im actually only blacked out of baltimore and washington. raleigh, here.

eznark said:
I didn't watch it, how did those idiots like it? That game is based on the Power Pros games right?

I played the demo last week and it fucking blows but that's just me. The players' heads constantly shake like they have parkinsons, and the gameplay is fairly vanilla and not very exciting. Jeff mentions it, but it basically plays like a PSone/N64/DC era baseball game, where they were stuck in between the arcadeyness of the SNES era and the full blown sim shit that came about with the PS2/Xbox.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Ninja Scooter said:
I played the demo last week and it fucking blows but that's just me. The players' heads constantly shake like they have parkinsons, and the gameplay is fairly vanilla and not very exciting. Jeff mentions it, but it basically plays like a PSone/N64/DC era baseball game, where they were stuck in between the arcadeyness of the SNES era and the full blown sim shit that came about with the PS2/Xbox.

Are you seriously hating on the greatness that was High Heat Baseball? One of the best baseball games ever made precisely because of the "full blown sim shit".

darkside31337 said:
Are you seriously hating on the greatness that was High Heat Baseball 2003? One of the best baseball games ever made precisely because of the "full blown sim shit".

I don't have a problem with sims at all, didn't mean to use the word "shit" as a negative.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
The Tigers are looking for starting pitching, and that search has led them to a native Michiganite. Detroit has expressed interest in Derek Lowe according to Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports, though the two sides have not yet had any serious talks.
oh shit

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Ninja Scooter said:
I don't have a problem with sims at all, didn't mean to use the word "shit" as a negative.

Ah never mind then.

It is so depressing watching Royals games.

Even with Hosmer + Moose + Alex Gordon and Butler. They have some of the worst starting pitchers I have ever seen in my life. Jeff Francis may be no Kyle Davies but he is still unbelievably awful. Royals should just cut loose all their starting pitchers, sign some relievers and go with a 13 man bullpen.

CygnusXS

verbum said:
With his record so far this year, it may be expensive for the Braves to unload the contract.
Maybe, but Wren's fleeced Detroit in the past, and if we don't ask for any prospects back then Detroit might be persuaded to pick up a lot of the tab.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
CygnusXS said:
the only worry i have about unloading lowe is that Beachy and Minor might get tired near the end of the season. But...i think i'll take that risk.

CygnusXS

Windu said:
the only worry i have about unloading lowe is that Beachy and Minor might get tired near the end of the season. But...i think i'll take that risk.
Minor definitely would, which is why I think we should roll with a 6-man rotation. Get Teheran in the mix and spread out the innings load. Maybe call up Hoover if it gets bad. He got rocked in his two AAA starts and he's relieving right now, but he'd at least eat some innings.

Sharp

Windu said:
espinosa never touched the bag. /booo
After the calls Hanson has been getting you have no right to complain about umps tonight.

I hate how our announcers keep trying to talk up Desmond's defense. Maybe if he started hitting you wouldn't have to pretend like he's great at it.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Its time

barry_zito.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom