• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

verbum

Hanson had trouble pitching, bunted into a double play, and gives up two hits to a pitcher with no hits before tonight. Today is his black cloud day.
Shafer runs into an out at third.
Heyward can only get a hit by getting the runner out.
Prado 0-3.
We will come back and win.

eznark

Banned
Doytch said:
Frankman, is that you???

Obv not Frankman, no brooksbaseball chartz

I get the rotation, but why let the minor leaguer behind home plate when one of the crew gets hurt? It's moronic.

Doytch

eznark said:
I get the rotation, but why let the minor leaguer behind home plate when one of the crew gets hurt? It's moronic.
I dunno, but that pitch was borderline, imo. Looked below the letters from the replay they showed. (Assuming you're talking about the K pitch to Nyjer)

eznark

Banned
Doytch said:
I dunno, but that pitch was borderline, imo. Looked below the letters from the replay they showed. (Assuming you're talking about the K pitch to Nyjer)

Strike two to Braun. But really, just in general. It doesn't make sense to put him in that position.

Doytch

eznark said:
Strike two to Braun. But really, just in general. It doesn't make sense to put him in that position.
I dunno, all umps had to go through the minors at some point, no? This guy (should be...) one of the best of the guys in the minors.

eznark

Banned
Doytch said:
I dunno, all umps had to go through the minors at some point, no? This guy (should be...) one of the best of the guys in the minors.

lol, no. He just happens to live in Denver. (he's replacing an ump who hurt his back on Thursday, this isn't like a permanent call up or something)

Doytch

eznark said:
lol, no. He just happens to live in Denver. (he's replacing an ump who hurt his back on Thursday, this isn't like a permanent call up or something)
"And that's why you never assume anything good about MLB umps, kids!"

eznark

Banned
Doytch said:
Oh shit haha, that's what I get for assuming good about MLB umps.

Oh yeah, if this was like a permanent promotion I would obviously be fine with inserting him in the normal rotation with his crew. This guy could turn out to be awesome but I still think it's strange to put him behind the plate when he is on temp duty.

eznark said:
What do you think of Wilson Betemit?
I just now saw the reports about him. Honestly, I'll take anything over the black hole of suck we've had going on at the hot corner this year.

Wow. What the fuck was that.

eznark

Banned
ConradCervantes said:
I just now saw the reports about him. Honestly, I'll take anything over the black hole of suck we've had going on at the hot corner this year.

Wow. What the fuck was that.

Same. Odd backlash on Twitter (from non-idiots in some cases).

Fuck, that must have been what you guys were talking about. (Stream is behind)

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
It sounds like Werth is really driving the ball to me. I'm not mad at him anymore if he keeps swinging like he has these two games.

eznark said:
Is everything after a two out error ruled unearned?
I believe so. From Wikipedia:

A run is counted as unearned when:
A batter reaches base on an error (including catcher's interference), and later scores a run in that inning by any means.
A baserunner remains on base as the result of an error on a fielder's choice play that would put the baserunner out except for the error, and subsequently scores.
A batter reaches first base on a passed ball (but not a wild pitch) and subsequently scores by any means.
A baserunner scores after the third out would have been made except for an error other than catcher's interference.
A batter reaches base on a fielder's choice which removes a baserunner who has reached base safely on an error or has remained on base as the result of an error, reaching first base on a passed ball on a called or swinging third strike, or remained on base on an error on a fielders' choice play that should have retired him, and subsequently scores.
A batter or runner advances one or more bases on an error or passed ball and scores on a play that would otherwise not have provided the opportunity to score.

FUCK YOU COREY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom