• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Banned
The Tigers are looking for starting pitching, and that search has led them to a native Michiganite. Detroit has expressed interest in Derek Lowe according to Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports, though the two sides have not yet had any serious talks.

OH GOD PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

I will drive Derek to Detroit MYSELF.

Enron

Banned
a guy dressed in a wedding dress just jumped onto the field at the nationals/braves game and got WTFCLOCKED by a security guard. Can't wait for that to hit youtube.

jakncoke

Banned
474492e18c6e1cab.gif

eznark

Banned
LovingSteam said:
Anybody here read Money Ball? I just read the sample on my Kindle and really enjoyed it. Wanted to ask some of you folks how the rest of the book is.
Why would I wanna read a book about a computer, that gives computer numbers?

Sharp

LovingSteam said:
Anybody here read Money Ball? I just read the sample on my Kindle and really enjoyed it. Wanted to ask some of you folks how the rest of the book is.
It's good. Ignore eznark, he's just jealous he didn't get picked to play Beane in the movie.

David Wright went 0-for-3 with a run scored and a stolen base in his second rehab game for Single-A St. Lucie tonight.

Wright played seven innings at third base and handled both of his fielding chances cleanly.

Earlier today, Mets Manager Terry Collins told reporters he expects Wright to only rehab in Florida and rejoin the team next Friday in Miami.
20110716-192603.jpg

sweet.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Glad to see that the Wright and Reyes are almost back. Can't wait to see them back in a Mets uniform.

Hopefully increases their trade value a tad bit :(

darkside31337 said:
Glad to see that the Wright and Reyes are almost back. Can't wait to see them back in a Mets uniform.

Hopefully increases their trade value a tad bit :(
Playoff run, BELIEVE!

dmag1223

Last time the reds won 2 games in a row, June 14-15 against the dodgers. Think about that. over a fucking month since the reds have won back to back games.

Arroyo is useless. 26 Hrs given up? Really? Baker is the worst manager in baseball bar none. He sat .381 hitting Zach Cozart, and .315 hitting Ramon Hernandez on the bench for a Saturday night game against your division rivals. Awful, Awful, manager.

I know the Braves lost, but the Nationals should feel totally ashamed of themselves that they let Scott Proctor pitch a scoreless inning against them.

Sharp

AnEternalEnigma said:
I know the Braves lost, but the Nationals should feel totally ashamed of themselves that they let Scott Proctor pitch a scoreless inning against them.
Two, actually, there was the one last night as well. Not that I remember or acknowledge last night or anything.

Dragon

Banned
Joe Torre ruined Scott Proctor.

Why is he still a major league reliever? Isn't Rich Garces available?

Edit: Jacoby Ellsbury is doing PEDs, there's no way he should be on pace for 20 homers. Where the hell is this power coming from?

clemenx

Banned
eznark said:
Why would I wanna read a book about a computer, that gives computer numbers?
Hahahaha holy shit. I can't believe this is a real quote, thank god I clicked that link.

God bless Joe Morgan

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Man I was laughing so hard earlier tonight when Nick Punto totally shot put airmailed that throw over Albert Pujols head by a mile.

Turns out he's going on the DL with an elbow injury and is more than likely done for the season with surgery on that elbow.

I feel like a semi-jerk now.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Sharp said:
Two, actually, there was the one last night as well. Not that I remember or acknowledge last night or anything.

Lannan has been okay in his last two starts while Livo has been horrible. He was fine against the Rockies until he got hit in the face. Who do you think will be in the rotation once Zimmerman reaches his limit? I'm guessing it'll be a combination of Wang/Detwiler.

Sharp

sazabirules said:
Lannan has been okay in his last two starts while Livo has been horrible. He was fine against the Rockies until he got hit in the face. Who do you think will be in the rotation once Zimmerman reaches his limit? I'm guessing it'll be a combination of Wang/Detwiler.
I don't think Detwiler is returning to the rotation. He's simply not good enough, and Davey seems to like him as his long man out of the pen. Not that I particularly think he's good enough to do that, either, but at least he's better than Burnett. I'm hopeful about Wang, but despite his nice results in the minors thus far his outings have been a little troubling, plus Wang was never really an amazing pitcher anyway. I'm hoping that we'll see a little of Tom Milone and Brad Peacock come September when Zimm reaches his inning limit, and then according to Rizzo and Johnson we should get a start or two from Strasburg to finish off the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom