• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
To be fair it is incredibly difficult to give a single iota of care or attention towards the Seattle Mariners.

They play unwatchable baseball.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
CajoleJuice said:
That's what the Giants are currently doing.
i call that a successful strategy then. Hopefully Hanson drops a deuce on the mets tonight!

Macattk15

CajoleJuice said:
I think most would agree that the Mets are immensely entertaining. They also have a positive run differential.

Entertaining for what reason? For the epic collapses they have come through with in the past years?

Macattk15 said:
Entertaining for what reason? For the epic collapses they have come through with in the past years?
That, and the way they manage to lose games, yep. At least they give the impression of having a chance.

Macattk15

CajoleJuice said:
That, and the way they manage to lose games, yep. At least they give the impression of having a chance.

I dunno pal. I'd rather have my heart broke in June rather than September. Allows more time to heal until next April.

Anyway, who cares really? Mariners suck. What's new? Not gonna find an argument from me on that.

I'm tryin to watch UFC 133 here and win my monies.

Macattk15 said:
I dunno pal. I'd rather have my heart broke in June rather than September. Allows more time to heal until next April.

Anyway, who cares really? Mariners suck. What's new? Not gonna find an argument from me on that.

We cool. I didn't mean to instigate you, but the other guy jumped in.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Sorry I didn't mean to harass was just pointing out the futility of the Mariners right now. There's some bright spots on the roster it's just a lot of garbage surrounded by the few bright spots.

It's honestly just hard for me to watch Ichiro play right now who is one of my favorite players of all time. I guess this is what it was like to watch Willie Mays fall off that cliff or whatever.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-rules-return/2011/08/06/gIQA5l6AzI_blog.html

Strasburg is a one-man Beatles. That list is pretty crazy. I wonder how thick the compendium on Harper with the media will be.

Meohsix

Found an Autographed Cal Ripken Jr Book at a thrift store today for only $1.99
someone on Amazon is selling the same book autographed for $175. SCORE!

Sanjuro

Macattk15 said:

Macattk, I rather have my heart broken in September or beyond. 2003 humbled me more than anything ever could. Not that I was cocky beforehand. It was just something I needed to experience and still don't mind. I enjoy the long ride.

ZeroRay

I'm annoyed by this team.

Whenever we start playing good, we lose our momentum by sucking again. Let alone that hideous June.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
If the umpire really cared about Brad Mills he would have just tossed him and put him out of his misery.

The Astros are really really bad.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
jakncoke said:
so fucking pathetic.

*NEW BULLETIN*

Pirates demoted to GCL

*/LIFE*
Pirates Acquire Lee said:
PITTSBURGH—In order to deepen some holes in their lineup and increase their chances of a second-half collapse, the Pittsburgh Pirates acquired first baseman Derrek Lee and outfielder Ryan Ludwick Sunday. “They’re both experienced losers who we’re hoping will come in here and help us surge right to the bottom of the NL Central,” Pirates general manager Neal Huntington said in a statement, adding that after six consecutive losses, the team is now poised to make a last-place run. “Not only do we think they’ll take our offense and defense to a whole new level of horrible, but overall, I think this will prove to Pirate fans that this team is committed to losing for years to come.” Huntington reportedly urged young players not to rely on their new stars, emphasizing that a successful nosedive would require everyone to play like shit.
http://www.onionsportsnetwork.com/articles/pirates-acquire-lee-ludwick-to-bolster-2ndhalf-col,21073/

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
J.D. Martinez, whoo!

jakncoke said:
so fucking pathetic.

*NEW BULLETIN*

Pirates demoted to GCL

*/LIFE*

PITTSBURGH—In order to deepen some holes in their lineup and increase their chances of a second-half collapse, the Pittsburgh Pirates acquired first baseman Derrek Lee and outfielder Ryan Ludwick Sunday. “They’re both experienced losers who we’re hoping will come in here and help us surge right to the bottom of the NL Central,” Pirates general manager Neal Huntington said in a statement, adding that after six consecutive losses, the team is now poised to make a last-place run.

“Not only do we think they’ll take our offense and defense to a whole new level of horrible, but overall, I think this will prove to Pirate fans that this team is committed to losing for years to come.” Huntington reportedly urged young players not to rely on their new stars, emphasizing that a successful nosedive would require everyone to play like shit.

Sadly Onion's article on the Pirates was too late as the second-half collapse was well under way by the time this was published.

edit: god dammit why did someone else paste the article first.

I'm so spoiled with Justin Verlander, I got mad in the last inning when he gave up a hit. I seriously said to myself "Fuck, there goes the no-hit bid" And that was only the 2nd inning.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Jered Weaver on why he didn't wait and throw at Carlos Guillen next year: "Is he going to have a job next year?"

Weaver won't let it die. I really do hope these two teams as unlikely as it is, meet up in the playoffs.

darkside31337 said:
Jered Weaver on why he didn't wait and throw at Carlos Guillen next year: "Is he going to have a job next year?"

Weaver won't let it die. I really do hope these two teams as unlikely as it is, meet up in the playoffs.
I really like Jered Weaver.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Weaver and his 1.78 ERA on the season lets him talk all the shit he wants.

He's right though in that there's a good chance Carlos Guillen won't be on a big league roster next season.

Still pathetic to talk shit after you were the one who gave up the homer to the lousy Guillen in the first place.

eznark

Banned
darkside31337 said:

Holy shit that is awesome

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Kay once said Hughes "dropped a deuce" on the Orioles or something because he meant curveball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom