• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Uggla's hitting streak is an amazing thing to follow.

Also, so glad Conrad is hitting here instead of that bum Heyward, right guys?

Macattk15

DevelopmentArrested said:
Kinda sad that the most entertaining thing about the Mariners are their commercials.
Loved that Ichiro - Ken Griffey one

You are right. Dustin Ackley is unexciting, so is Felix and Pineda. As is that play Trayvon Robinson made the other night.

I see you got junior member'ed. Probably was worth it.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Can wait to watch the braves lose without using kimbrel....unless we score here.

edit: /cheer we get to use kimbrel

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Strasburg sitting 96 to 98 in his first rehab start, struck out the first 2 poor souls that had to face him.

John Lannan pitching for the Nationals right now does not throw 96 to 98.

Sharp

darkside31337 said:
Strasburg sitting 96 to 98 in his first rehab start, struck out the first 2 poor souls that had to face him.

John Lannan pitching for the Nationals right now does not throw 96 to 98.
After striking out the fourth batter he gave up a home run though, panic

"1 2/3 innings, 3 H, 1 ER, 4 K, 30 pitches, 24 strikes, by my count"

I'm not really worried about him.

I know it's not thought of nowadays but Bay had the right to streamroll Uggla there. He was in the basepath and in Bay's way. Would've easily broken up the DP.
CajoleJuice said:
fucking disgusting
oh, HELLO THAR!

The Frankman said:
I know it's not thought of nowadays but Bay had the right to streamroll Uggla there. He was in the basepath and in Bay's way. Would've easily broken up the DP.

oh, HELLO THAR!
I was out when the Mets came back. Maybe Evans will hit a bomb.

jakncoke

Banned
10 game losing streak
3-14 in last 17.

feels_bad_man.jpg

SNY just cut to a interesting scene, Jason Bay and what looked to be Chip Hale having a somewhat animated discussion. Bay pointed to the field and shrugged his shoulders and the coach was shaking his head, I wonder if the coach was saying he should've ran over Uggla?

harSon

Banned
jakncoke said:
10 game losing streak
3-14 in last 17.

feels_bad_man.jpg

My Pirates fandom is cursed. I've seen them play at least 15 times in my life, probably more, and I've literally never seen the team win in person. I purchase tickets for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday's games a few weeks back, ie. the mere confirmation that i'll be seeing them in person, and they go on a fucking 10 game losing streak? Fuck me.

LJ11

The Frankman said:
SNY just cut to a interesting scene, Jason Bay and what looked to be Chip Hale having a somewhat animated discussion. Bay pointed to the field and shrugged his shoulders and the coach was shaking his head, I wonder if the coach was saying he should've ran over Uggla?

Nah, Hale knows Bay's a soft pussy, no point in bringing it up.

Feel bad for Murphy, definitely blew out his other knee, back to back years. Real shame.

rando14

Macattk15 said:
God its going to be annoying when the Angels win this game 1-0 all the while basically doing NOTHING.

One-hit win.

And oh man, Felix's movement is just incredible. Yeesh, 9 K's through 5 and 2/3.

clemenx

Banned
Fucking Strasburg should be on a cooler team far away from us, can't help to get excited reading how he did. Fuck the Nats.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/6...e-rips-radio-host-racist-ramon-ramirez-remark

*facepalm*

SAN FRANCISCO -- Giants manager Bruce Bochy criticized a nationally syndicated radio host Sunday for what he said was a "racist" comment about San Francisco reliever Ramon Ramirez.

Radio host Tony Bruno referred to Ramirez as an "illegal alien." He also called Bochy a "coward" in a Twitter post following Friday night's benches-clearing brawl between the Phillies and Giants. The mayhem came after Ramirez plunked Shane Victorino in the lower back in the sixth inning of the Phillies' 9-2 victory.

Bruno's show is broadcast on local station KNBR 1050 AM. He later deleted his tweet and apologized for his "stupid and insensitive" post.

"gutless (...) Giants," he tweeted. "Bochy is a coward for having his illegal alien pitcher hit a guy since mighty Frisco boys ..."

darkside31337 said:
What exactly are you facepalming?
I dunno, why so many stupid people make stupid comments on Twitter/over the radio? Or is it that stupidity that allows them to have jobs?

I just remember the situation with Bill Daughtry on WFAN, consummate professional and was very fair. Can't have that on WFAN... I think he's at ESPN now.

eznark said:
Yes, this perfectly describes my posts about Greinke. To a tea. Definitely. Well done.

You always jump on the defensive side so easily. I'm just implying that it's weird seeing a Brewers fan at the end of the day compliment Greinke. Jfc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom