• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I had no idea who Tony Bruno was until they put him in Madden.

I have nothing but hatred and contempt towards that man solely because of that.

That was a really dumb thing for him to say but I'm not surprised at all.

Square Triangle said:
Year of the Ump in KC right now.
Yeah, what an asshole. I'm glad Yost got in his face.

Johnny Giavotella hit his first MLB home run today in his 3rd game. The Royals infield "dream team" of Hosmer/Gio/Moustakas is now in place, hopefully for many years to come. They blazed a through AA/AAA together to get here, and we're now a couple of starting pitchers away from having a great 2012. The Royals may actually be a contending team soon for the first time in about 25 years.

Santana outduels Viscount Felix.

awesome_smiley_face_awesome_face_sticker-p217878147223685097tdcj_400.jpg

lololol M's fans are so freaking salty.

Also, Trumbo powa~

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Duane Cunningham said:
They blazed a through AA/AAA together to get here, and we're now a couple of starting pitchers away from having a great 2012. The Royals may actually be a contending team soon for the first time in about 25 years.

Whoa lets not get ahead of ourselves here.

If by a couple you mean 5 then yes.

And its baby steps. As Dayton would say, trust the process.

eznark

Banned
Square Triangle said:
You always jump on the defensive side so easily. I'm just implying that it's weird seeing a Brewers fan at the end of the day compliment Greinke. Jfc.
That hasn't been true on GAF at all. Twitter is another story.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
What are Brewers fans whining about when it comes to Greinke?

He has the lowest SIERA in the league for any SP, and the last 2 months have finally broken down the disconnect between his numbers and the results on the field.

CODY RANSOM

D-Backs got this. Giants better hope the Braves stumble it's their only hope to make the playoffs.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
darkside31337 said:
At least he gets to watch somebody score in Catherine.

Besides the other team.
I don't know where you came from but I <3 that you joined MLB gaf

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
darkside31337 said:
Wait you turned on Joe Mauer? How can you turn your back on that .050 ISO?
I wouldn't turn on mai waifu. He's not been good the last week or so, though. But hey neither has anyone else. The worst is the god damn pitching. The starters can't get anyone out. Blackburn, Pavano, and Duensing are basically automatic losses. Liriano hasn't had a good start in weeks. Baker is the only pitcher worth a shit right now. And he's probably going to get shelled by the Red Sox on Monday. Maybe the front office will patch all the holes they created on the team this offseason. Oh wait, trust Bill Smith? LOL.

cuevas said:
Instead of watching a bad team, you're playing a bad game. That's rough.
Catherine is awesome, hater.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Y2Kev said:
I don't know where you came from but I <3 that you joined MLB gaf

Aw thanks. It means a lot as a mere Junior to get a complement especially here at MLB gaf.

Lambtron said:
I wouldn't turn on mai waifu. He's not been good the last week or so, though. But hey neither has anyone else. The worst is the god damn pitching. The starters can't get anyone out. Blackburn, Pavano, and Duensing are basically automatic losses. Liriano hasn't had a good start in weeks. Baker is the only pitcher worth a shit right now. And he's probably going to get shelled by the Red Sox on Monday. Maybe the front office will patch all the holes they created on the team this offseason. Oh wait, trust Bill Smith? LOL.

Catherine is awesome, hater.

I can't blame you for being bummed out. Bill Smith is a joke. Only the worst GM's in baseball get caught up in the are we buyers or are we sellers limbo that he got caught up in. Even Kenny Williams knew staying completely put was fools gold.

eznark

Banned
darkside31337 said:
What are Brewers fans whining about when it comes to Greinke?

He has the lowest SIERA in the league for any SP, and the last 2 months have finally broken down the disconnect between his numbers and the results on the field.

People on twitter are retarded.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
darkside31337 said:
I can't blame you for being bummed out. Bill Smith is a joke. Only the worst GM's in baseball get caught up in the are we buyers or are we sellers limbo that he got caught up in. Even Kenny Williams knew staying completely put was fools gold.
It's terrible. They were a 94 win team last year, and every move they've made from the offseason on has been pretty damn bad. They've won one game since the trade deadline. Ugh.

I'm expecting their big off season move to be overpaying Cuddyer in both money & years. They'll let Kubel go, and he'll be a stud wherever he ends up. They will have to pay Delmon like $8 million through arb, and he'll still suck. They have to rebuild the entire bullpen, again, and I'm expecting that they'll bungle that. They will likely roll into the season with the same starting five as they have this year which will be stupid. And they'll have a new middle infield yet again. Yeeeeugh.

Where they're at right now, they need to put basically every veteran on the team except Mauer, Baker, Span, and Perkins on waivers and trade them.

Oh and I'm fully expecting Kyle Gibson to need Tommy John surgery so that he for sure can't contribute next year.

Sharp

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I don't think there are many people on here who actively care about the Natinals.
I think we have one of the bigger fanbases in MLB-age actually. But we were never really expecting anything out of Wang so it wasn't a huge surprise that he came up and stunk up the joint.

Macattk15

Adam Blade said:
Santana outduels Viscount Felix.

awesome_smiley_face_awesome_face_sticker-p217878147223685097tdcj_400.jpg

lololol M's fans are so freaking salty.

Also, Trumbo powa~

Don't really see any salt anywhere actually. Felix wasn't facing the Mariners so it really wasn't a fair fight.

Sanjuro

Sharp said:
I think we have one of the bigger fanbases in MLB-age actually. But we were never really expecting anything out of Wang so it wasn't a huge surprise that he came up and stunk up the joint.
Well then why don't you talk about your Wang more?

Sharp

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Well then why don't you talk about your Wang more?
Forgive me for being hard-pressed for Wang jokes, I was squeezed for time when I wrote that. </entire season on Nats forum>

eznark

Banned
Just saw that Constanza slide in the Braves game that Frankman was crying about. It was clearly not dirty, he just slid way too late and went into the bag out of control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom