• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Doytch said:
Santana trade was worse.

Casey Blake was an actual major league player they got back though and he's had some good years for the Dodgers. Although yeah that was such a god awful trade.

They might have traded Trayvon for 3 guys who will never play a single inning in the bigs.

Doytch

darkside31337 said:
Casey Blake was an actual major league player they got back though and he's had some good years for the Dodgers. Although yeah that was such a god awful trade.

They might have traded Trayvon for 3 guys who will never play a single inning in the bigs.
They got Blake for a few months. Then he became a FA, and they resigned him as a FA. All they acquired for Santana was the balance of 2008 Casey Blake.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
S8ZbS.png

excellent command by proctor that inning.

edit: the comeback begins

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
the only reason the diamondbacks are in the wild card race is because they play in the NL West.

Macattk15

Wow. Listening to this Trayvon kid post game interview .... kid is fucking awesome. Think I'm gonna really like him.

Just seems so fucking happy to be up in the Bigs.

alstein

AnEternalEnigma said:
Just got home.

What the fuck is up with Tommy Hanson? I'm fully convinced he's injured too.

They got replacements, so not too worried about injuries. I trust Teheran to be decent already.

Of course Lowe will never get hurt, he's like a zombie.

Sanjuro

According to Ken Rosenthal of FoxSports.com, the Rockies asked for five players from the Red Sox -- Ryan Lavarnway, Felix Doubront, Kyle Weiland, Will Middlebrooks and Josh Reddick -- in exchange for Ubaldo Jimenez as the non-waiver trade deadline approached. The deal would also outfielder Seth Smith going to the Sox from Colorado. Rosenthal also pointed out that Rockies players Chris Ianneta, Rafael Betancourt, and Ryan Spilborghs were also possible fits in a deal between the teams
1HrTq.jpg

Thank God.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I think you're drastically overrating your Red Sox prospects big time. Middlebrooks is the only legit stud prospect on that list.

Deal would have been worth it easily if it was Ubaldo + Iannetta + Betancourt.

Seth Smith is trash though.

I was reading that the Yanks would have been willing to give up, Nova, Betances, Banuelos, and Montero for Hernandez. What do fans from both sides think about the offer?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
If it's true the Mariners should have thought long and hard about a trade with the Yankees. Sounds like they weren't interested at all though.

Felix's contract ramps up to about 3 years / 60 million for the last 3 years starting next season.

They would be hard pressed to get that kind of prospect value for him considering the rise in salary that most teams would be hard pressed to add.

eznark

Banned
Jesus the Mariners got screwed last night. I'm shocked Mike Stanton didn't push and spit on that first base ump, as is his right.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
eznark said:
Jesus the Mariners got screwed last night. I'm shocked Mike Stanton didn't push and spit on that first base ump, as is his right.

Mariners got Mike Stanton! Finally somebody who can hit a baseball.

And yeah Stanton got hosed.

eznark

Banned
I was even thinking as I typed that "hey dipshit, how bout you don't screw up Mariners/Marlins this time"

I think the most shocking thing about that game last night is that they didn't award LaRussa the run in the top of 9 when Fat Elvis fell on his face at second.

Sanjuro

darkside31337 said:
I think you're drastically overrating your Red Sox prospects big time. Middlebrooks is the only legit stud prospect on that list.

Deal would have been worth it easily if it was Ubaldo + Iannetta + Betancourt.

Seth Smith is trash though.
Reddick isn't a good? He has been one the best outfielders in the AL so far this season.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
cuevas said:
On Dunn: "He's striking out too much and leftys own him."

Thanks Dave Winfield, great analysis.

I wish just once an analyst just flat out said something like "He's Adam Completely Dunn. Guy is complete trash and sucks."

Why aren't there any jerk analysts in baseball? Even football has its fair share of prick analysts who will bash players on a regular basis.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Reddick isn't a good? He has been one the best outfielders in the AL so far this season.

I like Reddick a lot. Just didn't consider him a prospect as he's already in the show.

Middlebrooks is a really good prospect. The other 3 guys aren't that highly regarded in general. I would have thought about giving up those 3 + Middlebrooks for Ubaldo but all 5 is just too steep for Ubaldo on his own. Really I wouldn't trade Reddick though. Seth Smith doesn't count as anything. Not even sure why the Rockies thought he had real value.

cuevas said:
On Dunn: "He's striking out too much and leftys own him."

Thanks Dave Winfield, great analysis.
"We have a guy here we pay $200,000 to help him. Where is he? Somewhere around here. They pay him a lof of money to work with the head guys. It ain't working right now." Ozzie Gullien on Adam Dunn lol

Bread

Banned
darkside31337 said:
I like Reddick a lot. Just didn't consider him a prospect as he's already in the show.

Middlebrooks is a really good prospect. The other 3 guys aren't that highly regarded in general. I would have thought about giving up those 3 + Middlebrooks for Ubaldo but all 5 is just too steep for Ubaldo on his own. Really I wouldn't trade Reddick though. Seth Smith doesn't count as anything. Not even sure why the Rockies thought he had real value.
Lavarnway has a good future in the majors at the plate, but he doesn't have a position. I'm glad the Sox didn't do that trade, the outfield would be fucked if we didn't have Reddick.

MetsBlog: Jon Niese’s Pattern of Predictability
Of the 87 pitches Niese threw last night, 60 of them were fastballs, and throughout the five innings which were all labor intensive, he established a pattern of predictability with those fastballs. He has gotten away from what made him so successful in May and June in that he has stopped throwing his curveball and cutter at any point in the count, and he’s not keeping the hitters off-balanced and guessing as a result.
*facepalm*

Mets Lineup:
1. Jose Reyes SS
2. Justin Turner 2B
3. David Wright 3B
4. Scott Hairston RF
5. Jason Bay LF
6. Angel Pagan CF
7. Ronny Paulino C
8. Nick Evans 1B
9. Dillon Gee

Status