• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jason Bay 9-game hitting streak; nearly beheaded Minor.
darkside31337 said:
Thole has only caught 3 of his last 8 starts.

And the other 2 before yesterday were quality starts.

His supposed struggles in July had very very little to do with Thole.
More Thole than Pelfrey I assure you.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The Frankman said:
More Thole than Pelfrey I assure you.

I was just joking about Pelfrey but you're being quite serious about Thole.

For starters Niese really hasn't been struggling all that much.

37-7 K:BB ratio in July is way more important than the 4.66 ERA.

If he maintains the 72-16 K:BB ratio he's had since June then he'll be a stud for us. One bad month and Mets fans are somehow souring on him. What a joke.

Wait Niese? god I'm brainfarting, I thought you said Gee earlier. Yeah Niese is fine recordwise, but his cutter and curve got him to where he is today. Remember he used to throw a split? He doesn't much nowadays because of the curve and cutter... his stuff is so good that he thinks he can throw two and four-seamers and win... it doesn't work like that.

EDIT: I've seen him not throw the curve much in starts, but both the curve and cutter? Geez...

Regardless of if Reyes is hurt or not Mets need to call up a SS. Turner isn't one, Harris isn't a 2B. Call up Tejada or something, Mets don't need 3 catchers.

The Frankman said:
Regardless of if Reyes is hurt or not Mets need to call up a SS. Turner isn't one, Harris isn't a 2B. Call up Tejada or something, Mets don't need 3 catchers.
Stiff left hamstring supposedely.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Y63ZY.jpg

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The Frankman said:

Just drives the point deeper home that the Mets are screwed beyond belief if Reyes leaves.

There isn't a legitimate SS prospect anywhere in the minor league system (not a chance in hell Wilmer Flores is a SS). And Tejada is not an everyday major league SS.

darkside31337 said:
Just drives the point deeper home that the Mets are screwed beyond belief if Reyes leaves.

There isn't a legitimate SS prospect anywhere in the minor league system (not a chance in hell Wilmer Flores is a SS). And Tejada is not an everyday major league SS.
In what sense? I assume you mean his bat, but the guy is like 21. I'm ok with the old-style idea of a SS (all glove, no bat) for now. He's shown that he's getting better at the plate.

Malo

Banned
Dmncnby2k9 said:
I was reading that the Yanks would have been willing to give up, Nova, Betances, Banuelos, and Montero for Hernandez. What do fans from both sides think about the offer?
Let's do it.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So stupid. You have a free base with 2 outs and Mark Kotsay on deck.

Why pitch to Fielder? How can you even throw him anything even remotely hittable?

Mets have been all kinds of sloppy this series.

And he walks the pitcher. How about no more lengthy days of rest that destroys Gee's command?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Bochy on Huff: "He's a big reason we won last year. I'm not trying to live on yesterday's headlines, believe me. But he's been there, He's used to hitting in the middle of the lineup. We want to show confidence in him."

I seriously hope the Giants miss the playoffs by 1 game only because Bochy takes loyalty to veterans to an absurd extreme.

Windu

His silly contract is probably another reason he is getting playing time. Probably has pressure from the owner/gm.

edit: heyward walks, canstanza can't do that.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Buster Olney said:
Zobrist, Victorino, Howie Kendrick and Yunel Escobar all ahead of Prince Fielder in WAR. You do wonder if positional adjustments too steep.

Poor Buster is going to be out of a job soon. BBTN has gotten crazy with the sabermetrics lately, caught it the other night with an explanation of xFIP which left some of the old fogeys all confused.

People trying to rationally explain to him why Ben Zobrist is a more valuable player than Adrian Gonzalez but he is having none of it.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
DevelopmentArrested said:
BRETT LAWRIE HALL OF FAMER

I feel so guilty. Half my fantasy team are basically Jays at this point. Thank god there are a some scrubs on that team like Hill and Rasmus.

BRETT LAWRIE IS THE MAN.

darkside31337 said:
I feel so guilty. Half my fantasy team are basically Jays at this point. Thank god there are a some scrubs on that team like Hill and Rasmus.

BRETT LAWRIE IS THE MAN.
dont ever put rasmus and hill in the same sentence again

Windu

Omg, we put chipper in the game, moved prado to left..... and moved canstanza to RF and took out heyward. Heyward is a backup player now. Fucking stupid.
His numbers are similar to Heyward.
they are worse.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
DevelopmentArrested said:
dont ever put rasmus and hill in the same sentence again

Rasmus has been one of the biggest busts on the season. Dude has been awful. I have faith he turns it around down the road, but playing all those games under TLR finally got to him.

Also did that guy who caught the Lawrie ball seriously not give it back? What a jerk.

darkside31337 said:
Rasmus has been one of the biggest busts on the season. Dude has been awful. I have faith he turns it around down the road, but playing all those games under TLR finally got to him.

Also did that guy who caught the Lawrie ball seriously not give it back? What a jerk.
he's had a rough season but i have no doubts he'll turn it around. his swing and approach are pretty good; my point was that his OPS is still 150 points better than that shitbag Hill

Well Contanza a) doesn't know how to play baseball b) is dirty as shit. Take your pick.

Jesus fucking Christ how do you spike a guy standing on the other side of second? Another stupid late slide ... That's the same knee he hurt too. Collins is pissed off.

So now Reyes is going to get an MRI and Murphy just had the same knee that was hurt re-injured. Great...

Larry up? Don't throw the fastball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom