• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharp

Toth said:
Lately however, Mo has been having many 'adventures' with his outings.
WHIP of 0.97 suggests that his outings aren't all that adventuresome. You honestly don't have any idea how lucky you are, do you.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Toth said:
Well, as a Yankee fan, I will admit the better team is in first place.

Jesus christ.

I've never seen anybody whine so much that their team is an atrocious 69-44. The Yankees might as well just stay home in October, why waste everyone's time? They obviously have no chance of winning the World Series now that they are in 2nd place in the division at the beginning of August.

Try being a Mets fan for a week and see how awful it truly to root for a team that actually sucks.

Toth said:
You are complaining about Mariano Rivera. MARIANO RIVERA. His WHIP is under 1. His FIP is the 3rd-best in the AL.

Sharp beat me.

Toth

darkside31337 said:
Jesus christ.

I've never seen anybody whine so much that their team is an atrocious 69-44. The Yankees might as well just stay home in October, why waste everyone's time? They obviously have no chance of winning the World Series now that they are in 2nd place in the division at the beginning of August.

It is not the record I am talking about. This series exposed a lot of cracks for the Yankees.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Toth said:

As a Yankee fan, I will admit Boston took 2 out of 3 and they're up 1 with 49 left to play.

Edit: Wait, you're bitching about Mo??? We're done here.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
FIo3k.gif
FIo3k.gif

Hey, so, uh, what's this from?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Toth said:
So you can't get pissed off when your team blows a game they should have won?

You know Yankees fans entitlement has reached meteoric heights when they expect to win every game Freddy Garcia starts.

Seriously, why is he still good? Jamie Moyer thinks this is ridiculous.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Toth said:
So you can't get pissed off when your team blows a game they should have won?
You can be annoyed, but you're acting like one of the greatest relief pitchers ever is a bum.

Toth

Lambtron said:
You can be annoyed, but you're acting like one of the greatest relief pitchers ever is a bum.

Fair enough, but I can lament that Rivera has blown 14 career save opportunities to the Red Sox according to ESPN. These blown saves just sting more.

Sanjuro

Toth said:
Fair enough, but I can lament that Rivera has blown 14 career save opportunities to the Red Sox according to ESPN. These blown saves just sting more.
ESPN stats are forged in the Land of Makebelieve.

Toth said:
Oh noes. 14 blown saves what since 1995 against a division rival. Man its tough being a Yankee Fan. Guess since Riveria is done who should you guys throw millions at now to replace him?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Corran Horn said:
2-8 in the last 10 games and we are still in first place. lolnlwest

caingun.gif

Seriously why is everybody a D-Backs hater? :(

They're a half game out with a very respectable run differential, unlike the Giants.

And now they have a 7 game homestand against the Astros and the Mets. They'll be in first place by a nice margin at the start of next week.

Pirates are due for a sweep. It's happening.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Constanza should be suspended for the season.

Free Heyward. At least that man knows how slide into a base god dammit.

Murphy didn't tear his MCL, that bastard Constanza tore Murphy's MCL. I hope the next time he buys a damn Twix bar in the vending machine it gets stuck in the machine. He would deserve it.

carlos

darkside31337 said:
Free Heyward. At least that man knows how slide into a base god dammit.

Yup, he slides head first and injures his own hand/fingers in the process...I much prefer constanzas' slide....but seriously, shit happens, I thought he had messed up his own leg as he went into the bag

carlos said:
Yup, he slides head first and injures his own hand/fingers in the process...I much prefer constanzas' slide....but seriously, shit happens, I thought he had messed up his own leg as he went into the bag
he'd fucking deserve it. Dumbass doesn't know how to slide, there needs to be retribution for that by a Mets pitcher.

The Frankman said:
he'd fucking deserve it. Dumbass doesn't know how to slide, there needs to be retribution for that by a Mets pitcher.

Just saw the slide, that was some bush league bullshit at its finest. These teams meet again this year? Hopefully that scrub Costanza takes one in the back.

ConradCervantes said:
Just saw the slide, that was some bush league bullshit at its finest. These teams meet again this year? Hopefully that scrub Costanza takes one in the back.

You're fucking blind then. Constanza slid late into the base and his leg folded like an accordion. The impact caused his foot to fly up and then he rolled over his other ankle. If you watched that and seriously came away thinking he spiked him on purpose, go get some brain surgery. It was just a poor slide, nothing malicious.

Where did I say he meant to spike Murphy? You and I agree that it was a poor slide, unfortunately it happened to take out one of the Mets' best hitters for the rest of the season. I think New York would be rather pissed about that, especially since it was completely avoidable if the slide was early enough. Maybe drilling him is too far, though. Let me get Tony La Russa on the line, see what he has to say on the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom