• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Dmncnby2k9 said:
No four-headed Phillies monster?

Everybody assumes the Phillies will just romp their way into the WS.

Obviously they are the heavy favorites to do so. But even if you approximated them as 80/20 favorites in every series they played that means there's still a pretty decent shot they don't make the WS.

Every year it seems people just don't get that the results of a 162 game marathon don't exactly translate all that well to a 5 or 7 game series. Roy Halladay as god-like as he is, is still actually capable of throwing a clunker.

Honestly though I won't pick the Phillies because I'm a Mets fan and I will never pencil them into the WS. Ever.

darkside31337 said:
Everybody assumes the Phillies will just romp their way into the WS.

Obviously they are the heavy favorites to do so. But even if you approximated them as 80/20 favorites in every series they played that means there's still a pretty decent shot they don't make the WS.

Every year it seems people just don't get that the results of a 162 game marathon don't exactly translate all that well to a 5 or 7 game series. Roy Halladay as god-like as he is, is still actually capable of throwing a clunker.

Honestly though I won't pick the scumbag Phillies because I'm a Mets fan and I will never pencil them into the WS. Ever.
As a Mets fan I agree with that last statement lol

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Speaking of the Mets, Reyes is out 2-3 weeks.

Sigh. Why do I get the uneasy feeling he might have already played his last game in a Mets uniform?

darkside31337 said:
Speaking of the Mets, Reyes is out 2-3 weeks.

Sigh.
and Murph is out for season, but maybe you guys knew.
Wouldn't be a good way to end his Mets career at all. I'm in the camp that he stays but the question is wats the price we're gonna pay.

Dmncnby2k9 said:
and Murph is out for season, but maybe you guys knew.
Wouldn't be a good way to end his Mets career at all. I'm in the camp that he stays but the question is wats the price we're gonna pay.

Well he gets more affordable every time his hammy snaps like an old guitar string, at least.

skinnyrattler said:
Anybody thinks J Roll was wrong for stealing that base before the fight (Phils/Giants)?

No sane person could possibly think that he was in the wrong. It was only the 6th inning, and if the Giants really thought that the game was out of reach why were they still holding him on? They were just being fucking babies about the Phills kicking their ass that game. What they did to Shane was so fucking wrong.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Windu said:
Heyward on the bench again lol

sigh

bubbles for manager, 2012

Constanza is only doing everything Fredi wanted him to do and then some.

Maybe if Heyward would break a leg like Fredi had asked, then he wouldn't be riding the bench.

Still raging. I might never see Daniel Murphy again. I ain't even mad at Constanza, it's all Fredi's fault in the end.

I am mad at Costanza. Fucktard doesn't know how to slide.

ap-201108071453536280698.jpg

MurphyGround.png

STUPID STUPID STUPID.

eznark

Banned
I love how that first picture makes it look like he didn't slide until he was past the bag. Someone should've drawn him a map.

andthebeatgoeson

yankeehater said:
No sane person could possibly think that he was in the wrong. It was only the 6th inning, and if the Giants really thought that the game was out of reach why were they still holding him on? They were just being fucking babies about the Phills kicking their ass that game. What they did to Shane was so fucking wrong.

Yeah, was Polly up at bat when Jimmy stole? Why didn't they hit him? Just curious.

What you missed if you missed the game is Costanza after he passed 2nd base kip-up'd into a Chun Li Spinning Bird Kick. If that's not intentionally trying to hurt Murphy I don't know what is.

JABEE

ESPN is reporting Victorino has been suspended 3 games for role in the brawl. There hasn't been anything on Giants suspensions. There should be more coming in my opinion

Enron

Banned
The Frankman said:
What you missed if you missed the game is Costanza after he passed 2nd base kip-up'd into a Chun Li Spinning Bird Kick. If that's not intentionally trying to hurt Murphy I don't know what is.

He wasn't trying to hurt Murphy, he just fucked up and slid funny and spun after his back foot came off the base. The spin isn't what hurt Murphy from the looks of the replay, it looked like he avoided that entirely.

Here's where Murphy got hurt - Constanza sliding into his leg

2qwkikl.jpg

Here's the Chun-Li

3343ps7.jpg

Murphy avoiding it

25jdus2.jpg

harSon

Banned
jakncoke said:
At least you got the Pirates next lol

I'll be heading up to San Fran in a bit to see these chumps drop their 11th straight :| I'll also be there to see their 12th and 13th straight :| And I'm paying to see it too :|

You're trying to say Murphy Tech Hit the attack by parrying but he obviously didn't get it in time due to the animation glitch. Costanza is doing the SELECT button cheat like Daigo does. Punk.

harSon said:
I'll be heading up to San Fran in a bit to see these chumps drop their 11th straight :| I'll also be there to see their 12th and 13th straight :| And I'm paying to see it too :|
Sounds like fun nevertheless.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
JABEE said:
ESPN is reporting Victorino has been suspended 3 games for role in the brawl. There hasn't been anything on Giants suspensions. There should be more coming in my opinion

There's nothing else coming.

Victorino was the only one suspended.

Selig is a Phillies hater. I love it.

JABEE

darkside31337 said:
There's nothing else coming.

Victorino was the only one suspended.

Selig is a Phillies hater. I love it.
Joe Torre handles the suspensions now. This is ridiculous. Sandoval gets nothing for punching and choking Ruiz, Whiteside get nothing but fines for tackling Polanco's knees and Ramon Ramirez gets nothing for throwing a purpose pitch for no damn reason.

Oh give me a break. I heard all this stuff about Whiteside "taking down" Polanco. Then I watched the video and all I saw him do was hug his knees to keep him from moving forward. Big fuckin deal.

JABEE

AnEternalEnigma said:
Oh give me a break. I heard all this stuff about Whiteside "taking down" Polanco. Then I watched the video and all I saw him do was hug his knees to keep him from moving forward. Big fuckin deal.
Get out of here! Big catcher Whiteside dives at his kndes with catcher's gear on. Victorino being the only one suspended when It was an obvious purpose pitch is BS. Polanco was held up by Ibanez.

jakncoke

Banned
Leading the NL Central on July 25, the Pirates lost the next day when plate umpire Jerry Meals admittedly made the wrong call in the 19th inning at Atlanta. And by Sunday night, Pittsburgh had lost 10 in a row and suddenly found itself trailing by 10 games.

Never before had a first-place team plunged 10 games back in a 13-day span, STATS LLC said.

History! :( fuck you Meals and fuck any member that posts after saying the Pirates bound for this anyways. I'm staring at you Windu!

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
each losing season for the next 2 years by the pirates will now be blamed on Jerry Meals. If only he would gotten that call right. (we could have watched the pirates lose in 20 innings instead of 19, damn him!)

edit: and every met injury for the next 2 years will be blamed on jose costanza.

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!
Henderson Alvarez starting Friday against the Angels supposedly. Makes sense with Stewart gone and Drabek sucking he would be the next in line for a call up.

Dragon

Banned
One of the only things Bobby V said that was interesting last night on the broadcast was how slow Beckett was. He was saying he averaged more than thirty seconds between pitches and that ballooned with runners on base. Isn't anything over fifteen seconds supposed to be enforced?

hemtae

TheBranca18 said:
One of the only things Bobby V said that was interesting last night on the broadcast was how slow Beckett was. He was saying he averaged more than thirty seconds between pitches and that ballooned with runners on base. Isn't anything over fifteen seconds supposed to be enforced?

I think I remember him saying something about how the rulebook should be enforced more strictly and using that as an example

Doytch

TheBranca18 said:
That and fielders obstructing the bag/plate really need to be enforced.

TheBranca18 said:
There's no rule but college uses a game clock for time between pitches. If the time is up, a ball is added to the count.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
the umpire should get to punch the batter in the face every time he steps out of the box

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Dmncnby2k9 said:
There's no rule but college uses a game clock for time between pitches. If the time is up, a ball is added to the count.

Guys have been fined before for violating the slow play rules that are in place.

Papelbon is kind of notorious for this, he's been fined multiple times by MLB for this and he doesn't seem to give a crap. Mainly because it's only chump change to him.

Umpires should warn slow pitchers. After multiple warnings literally toss them from the game. 30 seconds is beyond ridiculous.

The Frankman said:

That actually looks like her crouching HK.

It's a great anti-air in SF4... especially against Daniel Murphy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom