• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep seeing people call what adam dunn is doing a "year long slump" or "struggling". At what point does it just become he just "sucks" or is a "bad player"? Do we have to wait two years or something?

rinse82 said:
I'm late but

LAWWWRIIIIEEEEEEEEE!

Lawrie+GIF.gif

ToxicAdam

cuevas said:
I keep seeing people call what adam dunn is doing a "year long slump" or "struggling". At what point does it just become he just "sucks" or is a "bad player"? Do we have to wait two years or something?

Based on his past production, yes. When a player is having such an extreme dropoff in production (with no historical comp), you have to treat it as such.

cuevas said:

It's such a monumental drop that you do have to wait and see if it's just an unbelievably bad off-year, or maybe there's some specific cause. If there was a measurably steady decline over two or three seasons you could just assume he's done.

If this continues a couple months into next season then it's obviously not worth figuring out what the deal is.

Joe Shlabotnik said:
It's such a monumental drop that you do have to wait and see if it's just an unbelievably bad off-year, or maybe there's some specific cause. If there was a measurably steady decline over two or three seasons you could just assume he's done.

If this continues a couple months into next season then it's obviously not worth figuring out what the deal is.
Pretty sure he don't give a single fuck, he admitted he didn't work out this offseason. He got paid and is done.

Doytch

So Seattle has an 'It Gets Better' commercial. I swear to god, when I read about it on Twitter I thought it was gonna be a commercial about their prospects.

mernst23

cuevas said:
Pretty sure he don't give a single fuck, he admitted he didn't work out this offseason. He got paid and is done.

Wish we DL'ed him for depression because he sucks so much so we can get Viciedo up before call-ups.

I mean, i'd be depressed if i was that terrible.

verbum

Remember this from May of 2010?

phillies-caught-with-binoculars-deny-sign-stealing.jpeg

The Philadelphia Phillies have been one of the best teams in baseball over the last two seasons, capturing two straight National League pennants and the 2008 World Series. Now, they are dealing with accusations that they are, and have been, stealing signs with methods that violate baseball’s rules.
The Colorado Rockies accused the Phillies of using binoculars from the bullpen on Monday to gain an unfair advantage. On Wednesday, several people in baseball acknowledged that similar concerns were expressed by two of the Phillies’ opponents during last year’s postseason.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/13/sports/baseball/13phillies.html

Decide to take my sister to her first baseball game, we wait an hour on line for standing room tickets. The place is packed cuz tickets r half -off. Never been this close to the action but its standing room

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
please the giants need a pitcher outside of our 4 guys that doesn't blow it. sigh.

also a little offense would be nice. I'm tired of solo hrs.

eznark said:
Mother fuck me. I am going to be elk hunting in the middle of Idaho for the first half the world series.

I am going to be on vacation in the Bahamas when the Phillies win the world series : (

Oh well. Maybe I'll be back in time for the parade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom