• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakncoke

Banned
darkside31337 said:
Maybe he just wants to go to school.

Or not live in Pittsburgh. More accurately play for the Pirates.

It's not about the money if he turns that down. Obviously. Because 4.25 is basically what Bauer got at #3 overall.

If he does i hope he blows out acl/mcl on the way to class. And recovers and does it again.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Doytch said:
my first time watching the LLWS: this is awful. kids throw like girls.

Don't support the LLWS.

It is honestly disgusting watching 12 year olds throw 50 curveballs a game.

That game the other day with the kid literally falling off the mound wreathing in pain as his shoulder basically detached from his body was disgusting.

clemenx

Banned
It's surprising to me reading this thing about curveballs. I haven't seen LLWS in some years but I remember the rules clearly saying that they could only throw Fastballs and Change Ups.

And Austin Jackson just saved Tigers' season!

Doytch

darkside31337 said:
Don't support the LLWS.

That game the other day with the kid literally falling off the mound wreathing in pain as his shoulder basically detached from his body was disgusting.
Yeah I turned it off and now I'm just blasting some Madlib instead.

hemtae

darkside31337 said:
Don't support the LLWS.

But my town is in the LLWS :(

I think

SaskBoy

Doytch said:
Hechavarria up to AAA. Have you been ignoring his numbers this year like me and now wonder how he's been doing? Surely well, given the call-up! .235/.275/.347

Awful.

He has been on fire recently. So maybe he has figured something out.

If Brendan Ryan can put up a 3.0+ WAR over a 162 games, I'm sure Hech can do something similar.

He'll be better than the sinkhole named Aaron Hill anyway.

Edit: He is .317/.378/.488 over his last 41 AB.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Goldschmidt absolutely destroyed that. Like a mega bomb shot.

That was awesome. Melancon was doing his best Brad Lidge pitching to Pujols right there.

Dear god. Chris Young walk-off HR.

D-Backs WS confirmed.

In a recent report for SI.com, Jon Heyman says it is unlikely Jose Reyes will have to settle for a five-year deal … regardless of his recent hamstring injury.

Why? According to Heyman:

“Rival executives identified no less than nine teams that could be a fit for Reyes both in terms of finances and the playing field. Those teams are the Giants, Cardinals, Tigers, Angels, Nationals, Braves, Phillies, Red Sox and Yankees in addition to the incumbent Mets.”
Kiteo, his eyes closed.

Malo

Banned
clemenx said:
I'm sorry but that's pretty stupid. Even if I read that money is not exactly a concern for his family it's 4 fucking million. You can buy a lot of "college experiences" with that.
That's what the yankees thought with Gerrit Cole.

:(

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
The astros are useless.
vas_a_morir said:
Shaka, when the walls fell.
The Frankman said:
Kiteo, his eyes closed.
NERDS

Anyway, I don't see the braves going after Reyes. With the way the roster is set now, the braves won't have much payroll flexibility unless they trade Lowe or Chipper retires. Plus Pastornicky should be ready sometime in 2012, i could even see him getting a September call up, he can't be any worse than Gonzalez. Considering our offense has under-performed this year and will be pretty much intact next year, i don't think they need to go out and get a bat like Reyes for 2012.

Doubt the Braves will go after Reyes. They will have about $13 million off the books in 2012 with Kawakami ($6.67MM) & McLouth ($6.5MM) being gone. However, almost half of that is going to be offset by salary increases to McCann ($6.5MM -> $8.5MM) & Uggla ($9MM -> $13MM). Also Tommy Hanson & Kris Medlen will be eligible for arbitration the first time, and you figure Hanson's salary is going to jump considerably.

Doytch

SaskBoy said:
He has been on fire recently. So maybe he has figured something out.

If Brendan Ryan can put up a 3.0+ WAR over a 162 games, I'm sure Hech can do something similar.

He'll be better than the sinkhole named Aaron Hill anyway.

Edit: He is .317/.378/.488 over his last 41 AB.
Arbitrary Endpoints Game. I really don't get this call-up.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Not even Tiger would sleep with the Indians.

They got a lot of ugly guys on that roster starting with Ubaldo and both Chris and Rafael Perez. At least they let Jhonny Peralta go to the Tigers. If they ever made a movie based on the Cabbage Patch kids, Peralta is a lock to get a role in it.

I remember the days Grady Sizemore was a hit with the ladies. Really sad how badly his career derailed. Guy was arguably the best player in all of baseball for about a 4 year stretch.

Doytch

FQTge.jpg

so bad.

eznark

Banned
HA! Pujols 4-4! I am brilliant.

Kind of felt like the Brewers had no interest in winning that game last night. From the shitty lineup to the terribly sloppy play...just lame.

Doytch

Fenix said:
Saw someone suggest it may have been written in to his contract like his promotion to AA was.
I saw this too, but I've never heard/seen anything to suggest it, and it seems like a really great way to cripple your career if you struggle a bit.

Aaaand as I type this, they started talking about that on the Getting Blanked podcast. I really don't understand why someone would want that in their contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom