• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon

Banned
Gonzalez while hitting .350 manages to look so awful at times. Don't know why he doesn't walk as much this year either.

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!
Jays are probably in the best state they have been in at least a decade. I don't remember the last time they had both a farm system this strong top to bottom coupled with a major league team that does have a number of good players on it. Hopefully AA can transform the team into a contender.

Fenix said:
Decent, good movement and speed on the FB, but threw too many. 4 K's through 5.2, but you'd figure with 97+ speed he'd miss more bats.

He has never really been a strike out pitcher due to the fact that his breaking pitches are mediocre.

Fenix

R_GILL said:
Jays are probably in the best state they have been in at least a decade. I don't remember the last time they had both a farm system this strong top to bottom coupled with a major league team that does have a number of good players on it. Hopefully AA can transform the team into a contender.

He has never really been a strike out pitcher due to the fact that his breaking pitches are mediocre.
Yeah, I know, his K/9's been climbing though, which is a good sign. Slider still needs a lot of work though.

Doytch

Fenix said:
Yeah, I know, his K/9's been climbing though, which is a good sign. Slider still needs a lot of work though.
I read a quote from Alvarez today where he said that someone told him that the way you get outs at the ML level is by pitching to contact, so that's what he did at the start. Never tried for Ks. Kind of jives with what scouts say: that he has the stuff to miss bats, and they don't know why he doesn't.

I plan on going to at least one Divisional Playoff game, knock on wood. Organ will have to be sold on the black market for me to advance further beyond that, sadly. Damn shame; I'm currently 8-0 on the year.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Nathan is now the all time King of the Savers for the Twins. 255 saves. I really hope they buy out his contract for 2012 and sign him for a couple more years.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
D-Backs will be in sole possession of first place unless the Astros muster 2 runs with 6 outs (not happening).

When are you other people going to start believing?

clemenx

Banned
darkside31337 said:
D-Backs will be in sole possession of first place unless the Astros muster 2 runs with 6 outs (not happening).

I already did! Justin Upton mvp!

rekameohs

Banned
darkside31337 said:

I'm believing now and forever

I am so glad Selig got rid of that rule where the team with the best record got to pick whether or not they have an off-day between Games 1 and 2 of the LDS.

It was supposed to put more pressure on the Wild Card because presumably the team with the best record would have a better rotation, but then you have situations like last year where the Wild Card (Braves) comes out of the same division as the #1 seed (Phillies), so the Reds got fucked.

Holy shit! I had to be somewhere for a couple of hours, and it was the middle of the ninth of the Royals/Rays when I had to turn it off. It was 7-3 Royals Wtf?!?

newjeruse

aj-burnett-yankees-blond.jpg

Meth is a horrible drug.

Damn, why did I have to have a date last night. That Jays game was awesome. The Man-in-White favors Lawrie.

DevelopmentArrested said:
so. awesome.

pretty good. needs to mix it up a bit more - throw the changeup, slider.

Was he generating a lot of ground balls?

eznark

Banned
5 game lead on the division on August 11. Randy Wolf pitched out of his mind yesterday. Had it not been for men on base and no outs Wolf would have gone 9 and not broken 100 pitches.

What a fucking awesome month of baseball!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom