• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
ReturnOfTheRAT said:
I know this is for the AAA, but I'm still pissed that as a MLB TV Premium sub, I have to pay another $10 to get the iPad app. I praise Sony for working a deal where I can get a near HD streams with my subscription via multiple PS3's at no additional cost.
sony didn't work out a deal. Its just that in the mobile space companies can get away with charging for applications because its the norm. MLB.TV on the PC/Mac, and all of the other devices like the ps3, boxee, roku, dvd players, tvs, etc.. only require a subscription because customers are not used to paying for applications on those devices. That is the worst thing about these new smartphones, the precedent that they are setting with having to pay for things that were once free.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Al Alburquerque got nailed in the head by a line drive while standing in the OF during batting practice.

He was down for a while and was taken off the field on a cart. Evidently pretty scary stuff.

Honestly shocked it doesn't happen more often. Guys in the OF during BP are hardly paying attention to what's going on around them.

BALTIMORE -- Detroit Tigers relief pitcher Al Alburquerque rode off the field on a cart today after being hit in the head with a fly ball during batting practice.

Alburquerque writhed in pain on the ground in the moments after being hit as he was playing catch in left field while the Orioles took batting practice. Several teammates and training staff members rushed to his aid.

Alburquerque eventually stood up with assistance and climbed onto a cart before being driven off the field.

An update on his condition was not immediately available.

turnbuckle

darkside31337 said:
Al Alburquerque got nailed in the head by a line drive while standing in the OF during batting practice.

He was down for a while and was taken off the field on a cart. Evidently pretty scary stuff.

Honestly shocked it doesn't happen more often. Guys in the OF during BP are hardly paying attention to what's going on around them.

Holy fuck, AlAl has been a great story for us this season too. I mean, I wouldn't want it to happen to Brad Penny either but...well...damn :(

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Don't hate Vernon but the notion that Vernon was a great guy because he didn't ask for a trade out of Toronto is stupid.

He probably thought it was a mortal lock that no other team in the league would dare touch that contract. Nobody assumed Reagins would be that stupid.

Nice to see that Vernon is still getting signs from the man in white though.

Doytch

darkside31337 said:
Don't hate Vernon but the notion that Vernon was a great guy because he didn't ask for a trade out of Toronto is stupid.

He probably thought it was a mortal lock that no other team in the league would dare touch that contract. Nobody assumed Reagins would be that stupid.

Nice to see that Vernon is still getting signs from the man in white though.
He's a great guy because he's actually a great guy. Ignoring any baseball stuff. I don't blame baseball players for the contracts that someone offered them. Vern gave back tremendously to the city, and really didn't let all the bullshit get to him that much. He was bood pretty much every at-bat in 2009, and I don't rememer him ever bitching.

I don't think I've ever seen someone say Vernon is awesome because he didn't ask for a trade.

darkside31337 said:
KOTCHMAN!

Go Rays!

SHOPPACH!

Sabathia is a fraud.

Just picked up Kotch in waiver wire....2nd in avg chilling in free agent pool.

2 years Bautista was the same. Picked up half way in season...BOMBISTA THAT YEAR!!!

Taxman

I'm convinced Hamels put those guys on base in the 1st just so he could get to Werth and strike him out to end the inning.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
CC is going to opt out of his contract and sign with the Phillies to be their 4th starter.

Sharp

Livan > Hamels

Also Stras just finished three innings in Potomac... 33 pitches, 5 strikeouts, no walks and two infield singles, no balls out of the infield. He was supposed to get more pitches in so he's pitching BP. Also reportedly touched 100 on the gun.

Sharp said:
Livan > Hamels

Also Stras just finished three innings in Potomac... 33 pitches, 5 strikeouts, no walks and two infield singles, no balls out of the infield. He was supposed to get more pitches in so he's pitching BP. Also reportedly touched 100 on the gun.
If all continues good, by when shall we see him up again?

Doytch

Peter Bourjos has been worth 4.3 WAR this year (using Dewans +/-). Talk about flying below the radar, that's waaaay better than I thought he was doing.

Meohsix

WWYQt.png

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Doytch said:
Peter Bourjos has been worth 4.3 WAR this year (using Dewans +/-). Talk about flying below the radar, that's waaaay better than I thought he was doing.

Seriously the CF version of Brett Gardner.

Mike Trout can't be the future CF of the Angels because Bourjos is there to stay.

Sharp

evil solrac v3.0 said:
too soon? when did he get surgery?
End of August last year. People still throw around the 12-18 month figure but these days most players are ready to come back around the twelve month mark, if not earlier. If he's healthy I see no reason for him not to get some work in this year.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Robinson Cano with an embarrassing error, but the official scorer giving Jennings a double there was even more sad.

Seriously how can you not call that an error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom