• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdez15

Banned
Thank god the Orioles beat the tigers. After last nights game, I wanted to personally go to baltimore, and shove a baseball up the managers ass. Tribe getting closer.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Jdez15 said:
Thank god the Orioles beat the tigers. After last nights game, I wanted to personally go to baltimore, and shove a baseball up the managers ass. Tribe getting closer.

http://youtu.be/__NQKi5q0Ig?t=8s

I hope the Tigers win the division by 15 games just for you saying that. No sane mind needs to be conjuring up any kind of images involving Buck Showalter and the improper usage of baseballs.

Nyjer "Tony Plush" Morgan continues to be totaly unpredictable. After winning the game for #Brewers, he bolts without talking to media.

Nyjer Morgan is the coolest player in all of baseball.

TheRealTPlush said:
Throw up yo T, Nation!!! Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh
Marcum delt & kept us n tha sheet!!! Goergey wat a clutch single followed up by big Case & then urs truely got it done!!! Aaaaaaahhhhhh
Walk tha Plank Buccoz

Why do so many teams seem to covet Edwin Jackson every year? He's like the definition of mediocre. Like Javi Vasquez minus that one good year in Atlanta.

DevelopmentArrested said:
hes the black AJ Burnett

Do teams really not have multiple cheap pitchers in their minor league organizations that can come in and eat innings and give you a 4.5 era? Is that really something you have to trade for?

Photo_16.jpg

Dellin Betances is def a New Yorker.

eznark

Banned
Orel thinks Pujols or Prince will end up in Atlanta potentially. Where the hell will Fredi play?

Now BobbyV says the Cardinals will likely sign Prince if Pujols leaves.

What the fuck is going on

Doytch

eznark said:
Orel thinks Pujols or Prince will end up in Atlanta potentially. Where the hell will Fredi play?
Right field. Need another post-rookie letdown there. Illustrious past few years there.

Sanjuro

I heard a stat on the radio today in comparing Ted Williams to Mr. DiMaggo. I may be wrong in the telling of the statistic, but basically in his career Williams didn't reach base in a game only 136 times.

I think it was Posnanski. I just want to get some clarification on that. At work now...still wow.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I heard a stat on the radio today in comparing Ted Williams to Mr. DiMaggo. I may be wrong in the telling of the statistic, but basically in his career Williams didn't reach base in a game only 136 times.

I think it was Posnanski. I just want to get some clarification on that. At work now...still wow.

Yep, 139 games out of all games in which he got at least three PAs:

So to figure the 84-game on-base streak … one more time, we need to figure out the odds of Williams reaching base in a game. Well, I’m going to tell you something amazing. Between 1939 and 1958, that’s 20 years, Ted Williams played in 1,980 games in which he got at least three plate appearances. Almost 2,000 games. Do you know how many times he did not reach base? Go ahead. Take a guess.

Wrong. The answer: 139.

Yeah. That’s 139. The man reached base in NINETY THREE PERCENT of the games when he got at least three plate appearances. The chances of Ted Williams reaching base in a game was higher than Rick Barry’s free-throw percentage.

Whole article is awesome though (as usual). He's playing pretty fast and loose with the stats but odds of Uggla going on a 56-game hitting streak were very roughly 108 billion to one.

eznark

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:
Boras and Prince are going to want Pujols money, so what's the point of letting Albert walk and going after Prince?

Pretty much exactly what I was thinking. And while there is a serious age gap, Prince's body type is a much "larger" issue than Pujols' real age.

clemenx

Banned
Trevor Bauer's debut on AA: 5 IP, 5 H, 0 R (0 ER), 8:1 K:BB, 6:2 GO:AO

I love this kid just for the fact that he didn't bullshit and wait for the draft deadline to sign. D-Backs should use him to replace Marquis already.

Holy mother of god. It feels like it's been AGES since I posted in here.

It's been an absolutely crazy first 7 weeks at my new job. I barely get a chance to hop on GAF I have been so busy.

Rangers are doing well. However, I am EXTREMELY concerned with elements of our starting pitching, and Warsh's TERRIBLE decision making to keep throwing in old-man Olliver in critical situations only to blow the lead ALMOST EVERY FREAKING time. It's getting tiring.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Darren Oliver's split stats are pretty crazy this season,

Low Leverage - .167 BABIP
Medium Leverage - .250 BABIP
High Leverage - .378 BABIP

in comparison to 2010
L - .333
M - .309
H - .275

For whatever reason this season he's been getting hit hard in high leverage situations. His raw numbers are still superb, I'd have more confidence in him getting guys out in big spots than Feliz right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom