• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Windu said:
that division is so bad that the tigers could probably play .500 ball the rest of the season and still win.

Whoever actually ends the season at .500 wins the division.

Then pulls a St. Louis and wins the whole damn thing.

Jdez15

Banned
darkside31337 said:
Whoever actually ends the season at .500 wins the division.

Then pulls a St. Louis and wins the whole damn thing.
I really want to see the Indians pull out in the divison, but that won't happen, they are the master of choke.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Now Tigers fans are actually going to think hes good and management will be forced to keep playing him even when he plays like Delmon Young.

Twins already won this trade big time.

U2NUMB

Lambtron said:
Clearly the problem was that Delmon wasn't facing Twins pitching all season. Shoot me in the fucking face.

As a Twins fan I really REALLY just want this season to be over.. I am so ready to rebuild or something.. but Smith has to go. So tired of this crap.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
The Frankman said:
Once he shed the Twins apparently his talent is shining through.
Well no one has ever doubted his talent. He's only 25!!!!

U2NUMB said:
As a Twins fan I really REALLY just want this season to be over.. I am so ready to rebuild or something.. but Smith has to go. So tired of this crap.
I'd like Smith & Tolbert to be fired into the sun on a rocket together.

Jdez15

Banned
Tigers/Indians series later this week should be interesting, Indians are going against the meat of Detroits lineup throughout the whole series.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
uhh..running with freeman and gonzalez at the plate? waits for strikeout, caught stealing dp.

Sharp

Windu said:
that division is so bad that the tigers could probably play .500 ball the rest of the season and still win.
I understand what you're getting at but if the Phillies play .500 ball from here on out they win the division easily so that's not the best way to indict the AL Centrlol.

Sharp

I still don't know that short bursts of inexplicable offensive production are totally luck, just that they're probably based on skills that aren't consistently reproducible. Going by a strict binomial distribution many players have months where they'll, say, walk at an absurdly high or low rate, but for the season their BB% remains roughly at their career average. The mistake people make is in trying to "ride" a hot streak because nobody can determine when it will end.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
now, that at bat by heyward was just shit, not luck.

edit: as well as that gonzo at bat. shit as usual for him.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Jdez15 said:
Good job twins. Doing work.
EDIT: WHY DID YOU STOP DOING WORK?!
Because they're the fucking 2011 Twins and they're dog shit.

Nice running catch by Delmon there. I bet that son of a bitch has been sandbagging for the last 3+ years. I hope he goes nuts for the rest of the season and the Tigers sign him to a 4 year, $60 million deal before he turns back into Delmon Young.

Giants scored two runs to tie it with no base hits. Always good when that happens. Tim Hudson is dogshit anyways when McCann catches him.

eznark

Banned
Jesus my feed is way behind. Thanks to twitter I know there is a triple play coming up, but Ethier JUST got on base.

HOLY SHIT THAT WAS FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

Doytch

eznark said:
Jesus my feed is way behind. Thanks to twitter I know there is a triple play coming up, but Ethier JUST got on base.

HOLY SHIT THAT WAS FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!
That was amazing. <3 skipping around with mlb.tv's event scrubber.

eznark

Banned
@jaysonst: #Brewers just turned a 4-6-3-2 triple play. According to SABR, it's 1st 4-6-3-2 trifecta since Expos on 6/13/72 at Jarry Park

Fucking step out for FIVE MINUTES and I miss a triple play. I was supposed to go to tomorrow's game but can't make it, now Gallardo will no-hit the Dodgers.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit Revere just killed Avila. I'm impressed he held onto the ball there. I'm also impressed Ben lit him up like that since he's so fucking tiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom