• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Twins signed Hudson Boyd tonight. I'm glad. He was a very out of the box pick for them. High school pitcher who can hit the mid-90s.

Doytch

Lambtron said:
Twins signed Hudson Boyd tonight. I'm glad. He was a very out of the box pick for them. High school pitcher who can hit the mid-90s.
It'd probably help him get to the majors if he took 3-4 MPH off his fastball so he can pound the strike zone, though.

AnEternalEnigma said:
Constanza with another RBI hit after Heyward flies out softly.

Ho-hum. Just luck I guess.
Can I now assume the Braves' front office is hoping Chipper retires after this year so we can have both Constanza and Heyward in the lineup at the same time?

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Doytch said:
It'd probably help him get to the majors if he took 3-4 MPH off his fastball so he can pound the strike zone, though.
Oh I'm sure they'll work on molding him into a finesse pitcher in no time!

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
mightynine said:
Can I now assume the Braves' front office is hoping Chipper retires after this year so we can have both Constanza and Heyward in the lineup at the same time?
i hope not, chipper has been one of our best hitters this year.

Doytch

How in hell is that a hit for Constanza? Friggin Orlando Cabrera reached it and had it in his glove.

Stanton hit a 474 ft home run. Highly recommended viewing for cool kids with mlb.tv

carlos

Constanza over .400 again, and now taking occasional walks too...

bourne and prado killing the offense on the homestand

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Doytch said:
How in hell is that a hit for Constanza? Friggin Orlando Cabrera reached it and had it in his glove.

Stanton hit a 474 ft home run.
home game, generous scorers.

JaskoX1

Banned
6c5525d7-de6a-4daa-8a97-1f2790dcdeb4.jpg

verbum

This last inning is a great example of why this may not be the Braves year. We get a big break and fail to execute. Just the little things the players have failed to do at key moments in some games.
Plus the decline of the pitching staff since the ASG.
This series and the Diamondback series are so big right now.
Prado and Heyward have to start having some key hits in these 8 games.

Edit: Heyward is at .217 now.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Shocker, Alex Burnett still sucks. I hope the Twins dump him out of the team bus after the game in a really rough neighborhood in Detroit and let him fend for himself.

eznark said:
What are you, a fucking retard? If you watch baseball and don't appreciate Thome's career, what exactly are you watching for?
Even better, isn't he an Indians fan?

Doytch

verbum said:
This last inning is a great example of why this may not be the Braves year. We get a big break and fail to execute. Just the little things the players have failed to do at key moments in some games.
Plus the decline of the pitching staff since the ASG.
This series and the Diamondback series are so big right now.
Prado and Heyward have to start having some key hits in these 8 games.
Uhh, wat? I can't understand why you would think the Braves wouldn't make the playoffs - or that they even have a chance of winning the WS, so I don't get what you mean by "the Braves' year."

Sharp

Congrats to Thome, dude is still fucking awesome.
eznark said:
I would assume so with that ugly ass avatar, but I don't recall him ever posting.
He's not the Indians fan who posted very early in the year getting pissed off because I said the Indians' record in one-run games was meaningless, is he? Actually I think Jasko is an M's fan.

verbum

Doytch said:
Uhh, wat? I can't understand why you would think the Braves wouldn't make the playoffs - or that they even have a chance of winning the WS, so I don't get what you mean by "the Braves' year."

Last year they had "luck' on their side, some key hits and mistakes by other teams that got them into the playoffs despite losing some key players to injuries. Right now it seems the breaks are against them.
And the pitching staff, such as Hudson giving up the last two HR's, O'Flaherty giving up the 2 run homer last night at the 7th inning, and Lowe's losing the lead in his last start just make me feel real insecure about the rest of the season.

Doytch

verbum said:
Last year they had "luck' on their side, some key hits and mistakes by other teams that got them into the playoffs despite losing some key players to injuries. Right now it seems the breaks are against them.
And the pitching staff, such as Hudson giving up the last two HR's, O'Flaherty giving up the 2 run homer last night at the 7th inning, and Lowe's losing the lead in his last start just make me feel real insecure about the rest of the season.
You're 8 games ahead of the Giants in pythag W/L who are now sans-Beltran and Panda, and the Cardinals are playing Jon Jay every day. I wouldn't be worried, and I have zero belief that Heyward turns it around this season.

JABEE

yankeehater said:
I wish the Phils could have gotten him back this year.
Now that he's gotten to 600 they could still trade him. He'd have to pass through all the NL teams first. The Phillies would be 15th on the waiver wire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom