• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
carlos said:
oh look, another sac bunt, just what the braves needed
yeah not sure if i agree with that, it was probably very unlikely that bourn would have hit in a double play and lugo isn't exactly slow either, he could have scored on a double. Anyway, its not as bad as bunting from 1st to 2nd where there is no benefit.

carlos

Windu said:
yeah not sure if i agree with that, it was probably very unlikely that bourn would have hit in a double play and lugo isn't exactly slow either, he could have scored on a double. Anyway, its not as bad as bunting from 1st to 2nd where there is no benefit.

haha, yeah, I wasn't sure whether I was saying it sarcastically or not...now lets see how the braves fail...

JABEE

Sharp said:
What position would he play?
Power left handed bat off the bench like a Matt Stairs in 2008 and DH in WS. Charlie Manuel considers Thome to be a son to him. He talks about how he talks to Thome about going for 600. Manuel was Thome's hitting coach and manager in Cleveland.

carlos

big round of applause for constanza for getting it started, and to freddie, for finishing it and not letting heyward get an AB

Windu

carlos said:
big round of applause for constanza for getting it started, and to freddie, for finishing it and not letting heyward get an AB
big around of a applause for orlando cabrera's bad defense.

carlos

Windu said:
big around of a applause for orlando cabrera's bad defense.

haven't you heard that speed kills?

JC 3-3 with a walk, heyward 0-4 with a K.....I don't think CAC is going to turn the comments back on anytime soon

Windu

carlos said:
haven't you heard that speed kills?

JC 3-3 with a walk, heyward 0-4 with a K.....I don't think CAC is going to turn the comments back on anytime soon
even with costanza's speed Cabrera still should have had him i think.

Macattk15

Sharp said:
Neat, Pineda has the same WAR now that Stras did in his rookie season.

Neat! I was unaware anyone was comparing Pineda to Strasburg. Must be just you.

Pineda is also a converted 3B after going pro and filling out.

Sharp

Macattk15 said:
Neat! I was unaware anyone was comparing Pineda to Strasburg. Must be just you.

Pineda is also a converted 3B after going pro and filling out.
I just thought it was a cool reminder of how awesome Stras was given how great Pineda has been this year, I wasn't trying to belittle Pineda. You need to relax dude.

eznark

Banned
I'd like to nominate Jackso's post for bottom five of the year. Dude comes into a thread he never participates in, seeks it out on a night when a Hall of Famer culminates his career in majestic fashion...only post a picture inferring he doesn't care at all. Then he bolts.

1. If you don't care, how did you know about it?
2. If you don't care, why did you post about it?
3. You live in fucking Cleveland, I assume. lolol

COREY HART!!!!!!!!!!!

Sharp said:
I just thought it was a cool reminder of how awesome Stras was given how great Pineda has been this year, I wasn't trying to belittle Pineda. You need to relax dude.
Lol, not everything is a shot at the Mariners.
Thole Power!!

verbum

Nice write up in the NY Times website for Thome:

Fighting injuries during a frustrating season in Minnesota, Thome has not received nearly the amount of national publicity that his predecessors who reached the milestone did. Even Derek Jeter’s accomplishment of 3,000 hits earlier this season dwarfed the attention Thome has been getting for nearing a number that is far more rare. Only seven hitters have hit more home runs than Thome: Barry Bonds, Hank Aaron, Babe Ruth, Willie Mays, Ken Griffey Jr., Alex Rodriguez and Sammy Sosa.

Not a bad 8th place.
Good for him.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/16/sports/baseball/mlb-baseball-roundup.html

eznark

Banned
What a glorious evening. 6 game lead, Cardinals destiny is no longer in their own hands! The climb to #1 seed begins now!!

Windu

eznark said:
Enjoy missing the playoffs, jerk face. You seen our remaining schedule?
no but 8.5 games is a lot. the phillies would probably have to play .500 ball for anyone to have a chance, which is doubtful.

edit: also
urbandictionary-jerkface said:
1. A common "comeback" from one who has been offended by a cunning and witty individual. The insulted feels it necessary to use this phrase as they are usually in the vacinity of the offenders face when they digging for a "comeback".

eznark

Banned
Windu said:
no but 8.5 games is a lot. This phillies would probably have to play .500 ball for anyone to have a chance, which is doubtful.

Brewers have 4 games left against them in Milwaukee. They have an outside chance.

bluemax

Banned
Windu said:
no but 8.5 games is a lot. the phillies would probably have to play .500 ball for anyone to have a chance, which is doubtful.

CoolStandings gives the Phillies a 99.9% chance of making the playoffs and a 97.9% chance of winning the NL East.

The Braves have an 82.8% chance of making the playoffs and 79.9 percent chance of winning the WC.

"So you're telling me there's a chance?"

Sanjuro

Thome just always struck me as a real man's man. Probably why I think he relates to many fans from all the major league teams. You have all the powdered nose physical specimens all around the league now, and here is one guy who is just a brute of a man with limited tool set who dedicated his career to just crushing the cover off a ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom