• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Puddles said:
Damn, Ethier's OPS is under .800 now.
I hate to speak badly of my own guy, but he really didn't deserve to be an All-Star this year.

I wonder how the Dodgers would have done if we could have had 2009 Ethier, 2007 James Loney, and 2008 Chad Billingsley.

Pedro Martinez for Delino DeFuckingShields.

Its worse since getting his hitting streak snapped..Somebody check on that stat for me plz..

Also Naps finding new life in Texas. Why? Playing first base and DH is way better than Catching. Have Yorvy hitting good= saving knees/energy for Naps. Naps could be the key to winning it all this year. Also I was listening to the game and they said that Adams might be the closer next year if they Feliz tries the starter role again.
Anyone see the fancave highlights. LMFAO was party rocking in there....LOL

mernst23

cashman said:
It's just SSS bad luck right now. These guys have been part of the top 5 non closer relievers in baseball for the past 2+ years. I trust that these guys will get the job done.

Typical Angels behavior

The fuck was that?

eznark

Banned
AnEternalEnigma said:
No. Not everyone is put on waivers.

Myers and Rodriguez are noteworthy because of the money they are still owed.

Most players are put on waivers because it is risk-less. If someone claims them you can just take them off if you can't work out a deal. The reason teams game it is because it gives them insight into what teams are looking for, what GM's value and what they would potentially be willing to give up down the road.

harSon

Banned
AnEternalEnigma said:
Reportedly, the Pirates are close to a 6-year extension with Jose Tabata. No money figures yet.

With our luck, he's injury prone (he might be) or he'll pull a Alvarez next season :|

JABEE

The Nationals grounds crew is either inept or are aware that the Phillies have no long reliever tonight and allowed the Pitchers to warm up and start on purpose. Now they want to start the game at 9:20 when more downpours are coming at 10.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
JABEE said:
The Nationals grounds crew is either inept or are aware that the Phillies have no long reliever tonight and allowed the Pitchers to warm up and start on purpose. Now they want to start the game at 9:20 when more downpours are coming at 10.

Start time is at 9:35.

Sharp

JABEE said:
Did you see the clip MASN is showing of Charlie Manuel arguing with the umps that the field is unplayable? Clearly he's afraid to face Livo.

JABEE

Sharp said:
Did you see the clip MASN is showing of Charlie Manuel arguing with the umps that the field is unplayable? Clearly he's afraid to face Livo.
Oswalt isn't pitching tonight now. Live probably won't either. There are more storms coming by 10 PM and the Phillies have to waste their starter tomorrow. The Nationals knew this storm was coming and played 1/3 of an inning anyway.

Sharp

JABEE said:
Oswalt isn't pitching tonight now. Live probably won't either. There are more storms coming by 10 PM and the Phillies have to waste their starter tomorrow. The Nationals knew this storm was coming and played 1/3 of an inning anyway.
We already had a rainout earlier this week, they're trying to get in a game. The Nats have nothing to do with the umpires who call the game. Christ.

JABEE

Sharp said:
We already had a rainout earlier this week, they're trying to get in a game. The Nats have nothing to do with the umpires who call the game. Christ.
Actually the home team decides when to start the game.

Sharp

JABEE said:
Actually the home team decides when to start the game.
And you don't want it to start, why? This is what I don't understand. If it has to be called again, they'll call it, whether the Nats like it or not.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
stealing with a power hitter like mccann up to bat, i don't get it. thats twice today that the braves have tried to do that. Both Bourn and Costanza can score on a double and McCann is a pretty good hitter with so more pretty good hitters behind him. Does not make sense, then again, this is fredi gonzalez managing.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Windu said:
stealing with a power hitter like mccann up to bat, i don't get it. thats twice today that the braves have tried to do that. Both Bourn and Costanza can score on a double and McCann is a pretty good hitter with so more pretty good hitters behind him. Does not make sense, then again, this is fredi gonzalez managing.
I was just complaining to myself about this.

JABEE

Sharp said:
And you don't want it to start, why? This is what I don't understand. If it has to be called again, they'll call it, whether the Nats like it or not.
I didn't want them to start the game and let the starters warm up when the storm was coming. The game is in the home team's hands until the game starts.

Edit: You're supposed to put the tarp on the field before the rain starts. That's why I said the groundscrew was inept. They start the game and 2 outs later it is pouring. The field looks terrible from the feed.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Big changes for the Angels:

"It's tough to absorb no offense from one position." -- Mike Scioscia, on Jeff Mathis. That's why he gets paid the big bucks.

Jeff Mathis benched for the weekend. The end is finally nigh for Mathis in LA (and I'd imagine MLB). Scioscia's comments today not exactly a ringing endorsement of keeping Mathis around. I'd imagine he only starts now when Weaver starts since he's Jeff's pet catcher.

Mike Trout recalled from AA and Scioscia says he will be starting in LF / RF now with Vernon / Abreu / Torii playing the game of musical chairs for the 1 OF / 1 DH spot.

Well that wasn't so hard. Glad to see somebody in the Angels organization got tired of Jeff Mathis stinking up the joint and is tired of seeing Vernon Wells be the 2nd biggest joke in baseball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom