• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
darkside31337 said:
Jered Weaver signed to a 5/85 extension with full no trade clause.

Buys out his last year of arbitration + 4 years of free agency. I like the deal a lot for the Angels, but any deal looks good in comparison to Vernon Wells.

He deserves that. Well done Angels.

Now if the crosstown rivals can do the same with Kersh and Kemp

Doytch

S6neI.png

Seriously...?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Y2Kev said:
God delivered Ubombo to the Indians for good prospects!

DENVER — Top pitching prospect Drew Pomeranz, the key acquisition by the Colorado Rockies in the deal that sent Ubaldo Jimenez to Cleveland, is out indefinitely after undergoing an emergency appendectomy.

Evidently God doesn't like them too much.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
darkside31337 said:
DENVER — Top pitching prospect Drew Pomeranz, the key acquisition by the Colorado Rockies in the deal that sent Ubaldo Jimenez to Cleveland, is out indefinitely after undergoing an emergency appendectomy.

Evidently God doesn't like them too much.
God is a huge bitch, lol

verbum

Doytch said:
That's why I don't watch the CFL.

That and it being the Made-for-TV Movie version of professional sports.

It seems to be doing well.

The 2010s will be a significant decade for the CFL in terms of growth, as teams have renovated, expanded stadiums, or plan to build entirely new stadiums. The Montreal Alouettes accomplished this first, adding 5,000 seats to Percival Molson Memorial Stadium in time for the 2010 CFL season.[4] The Edmonton Eskimos and Calgary Stampeders also renovated their respective stadia and facilities for the 2010 season.[5] During the following season the BC Lions will play under a new, retractable roof in BC Place Stadium after spending one year at Empire Field.[6] Then, the following year, the Winnipeg Blue Bombers will play in an entirely new stadium at the University of Manitoba, scheduled to open in time for the 2012 CFL season.[7] The Hamilton Tiger-Cats, Saskatchewan Roughriders and the new Ottawa franchise will also be looking at new or extensively-renovated stadiums in the following years.[8][9][10]

And they can make a profit with these kind of numbers.

The CFL began enforcing a salary cap for the 2007 season of $4.05 million per team. The cap was raised to $4.2 million in the 2008 season and remained at that level for 2009.[40] On June 29, 2010, a new collective bargaining agreement was ratified that raised the salary cap to $4.25 million for the 2010 CFL season and would continue to increase by $50,000 each season until 2013.[41] Financial penalties for teams that breach the cap are set at $1 to $1 for the first $100,000 over, $2 to $1 for $100,000 to $300,000 over, and $3 to $1 for $300,000 and above. Penalties could also include forfeited draft picks.[42] For 2010, the minimum team salary was set at $3.9 million while the minimum player salary was set at $42,000.[41] In 2006, the active roster limit was increased from 40 to 42. The import/non-import ratio, which required teams to keep at least 20 non-import (Canadian-born or Canadian-trained) players on their active roster, was retained at 50%, and thus 21 non-import players are required on the active roster.

Doytch

Y2Kev said:
Baseball fans need to watch tonight's Curb your Enthusiasm
I totally forgot the new season had start and just started downloading the last six episodes. Productive day at work tomorrow!

eznark

Banned
Dmncnby2k9 said:
Howa the new season? I just got the DVD for the last half of season 7. First half was fucking hilarious. Great show.

Up and down. Generally good, but not great. The third episode of the season is one of the best episodes ever though. Potentially THE best. First episode was pretty terrible, but really it was just cleaning up some crap from last season.

h3ro

eznark said:
Up and down. Generally good, but not great. The third episode of the season is one of the best episodes ever though. Potentially THE best. First episode was pretty terrible, but really it was just cleaning up some crap from last season.

But Simmons said Curb is Pedro.

eznark said:
I think I might go to the Church Night thing in Colorado just so I can praise God that I have no fucking clue what "Simmons said Curb is Pedro" means.
Lol, ur too funny man. I guess he means Bill Simmons compared Curb to Pedro?

h3ro

eznark said:
I think I might go to the Church Night thing in Colorado just so I can praise God that I have no fucking clue what "Simmons said Curb is Pedro" means.

Sorry about that. Simmons did a piece comparing the "career" of Curb by assigning season stats to each (Season 3 of Curb was Pedro's '99 season).

It was just a random aside after reading the article and Curb being brought up here. I'm gonna dye my hair now and hope my GM and Manager continue to coddle me nicely and lie to everyone about how I'm performing.

Article in question. Fun read if you enjoy Simmons.

eznark

Banned
h3ro said:
Sorry about that. Simmons did a piece comparing the "career" of Curb by assigning season stats to each (Season 3 of Curb was Pedro's '99 season).

It was just a random aside after reading the article and Curb being brought up here. I'm gonna dye my hair now and hope my GM and Manager treat me nicely and lie to everyone for me.

Article in question. Fun read if you enjoy Simmons.

I intimated what you were talking about. My comment was aimed at Simmons being a fucktard, not at you for mentioning him.

h3ro

eznark said:
I intimated what you were talking about. My comment was aimed at Simmons being a fucktard, not at you for mentioning him.

His mustache thing is made of nightmares and black licorice.

eznark

Banned
h3ro said:
His mustache thing is made of nightmares and black licorice.

I think I might go to the Church Night thing in Colorado just so I can praise God that I have no fucking clue what "his mustache thing" is.

Today's a historical day for Oriole fans. Today is the day the Rangers outscored the Orioles 30 to 3 back in 2007. Which is the most runs scored in one game. I salute you Baltimore for being the worst baseball team of all time.

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
Today's a historical day for Oriole fans. Today is the day the Rangers outscored the Orioles 30 to 3 back in 2007. Which is the most runs scored in one game. I salute you Baltimore for being the worst baseball team of all time.

Jangocube wholeheartedly disagrees with this sentiment, and I do as well.
We all know that the Mets are the worst baseball team of all time.

eznark

Banned
captmcblack said:
Jangocube wholeheartedly disagrees with this sentiment, and I do as well.
We all know that the Mets are the worst baseball team of all time.

Plus, didn't that 2007 Orioles team win like 70 games? Not even the worst record that year in all likelihood.

verbum

Jurrgens for Atlanta and Wells for Chicago tonight. The way Jurrgens has been regressing since the All Star game, it will be close, very close.
So if a pitcher is above average the first half of the season, is it predictable that he (Jurrgens) will be below his mean (average) the second half? Through the playoffs?
Or are the playoffs a completely new data set? (I hope so).

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
verbum said:
Jurrgens for Atlanta and Wells for Chicago tonight. The way Jurrgens has been regressing since the All Star game, it will be close, very close.
So if a pitcher is above average the first half of the season, is it predictable that he (Jurrgens) will be below his mean (average) the second half? Through the playoffs?
Or are the playoffs a completely new data set? (I hope so).
1st half/2nd half are just arbitrary endpoints. There is no way of knowing when he would start to regress to his career numbers. He could have gone the whole year being lucky like he was.

Phillies place Jimmy Rollins on the DL with a strained right groin. Placido Polanco is expected to be activated in his place, but Polanco is not coming back healthy. He's attempting to play through a sports hernia that would end his season.

The Twins placed Jim Thome on trade waivers today. The Phillies are the team that wants him, but it's not likely he'll fall through to them.

Heath Bell, Jason Kubel, and Carlos Pena were also placed on trade waivers today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom