• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malo

Banned
ReturnOfTheRAT said:
cyvxS.gif

when will he learn, it's not enough that he already gets paid 300 million? he needs to make more through poker?

Why can't he just be like David Wright. Nice, respectful kid who can walk through the suburbs and who's willing to get his uniform dirty.

Any player under contract may be placed on waivers ("waived") at any time. After MLB's July 31 trade deadline and through to the end of the season, however, a team must place a player on waivers if that player is to be eligible to be traded. The National League (NL) was the first of the two major leagues to adopt this rule in 1917. Originally it was enforced after August 1.[3]

If a player is waived, any team may claim him. If more than one team claims the player from waivers, the team with the weakest record in the player's league gets preference. If no team in the player's league claims him, the claiming team with the weakest record in the other league gets preference. In the first month of the season, preference is determined using the previous year's standings.

If a team claims a player off waivers and has a viable claim as described above, his current team (the "waiving team") may choose one of the following options:

* arrange a trade with the claiming team for that player within two business days of the claim; or
* rescind the request and keep the player on its major league roster, effectively canceling the waiver; or

* do nothing and allow the claiming team to assume the player's existing contract, pay the waiving team a waiver fee, and place the player on its active major league roster.

If a player is claimed and the waiving team exercises its rescission option, the waiving team may not use the option again for that player in that season. If no team claims a player off waivers after three business days, the player has cleared waivers and may be assigned to a minor league team, traded (to any team), or released outright.

darkside31337 said:
A player being put on waivers means absolutely nothing.

You're right. The act itself means nothing. But what it could lead to is extremely important. Which is why it gets reported. The Marlins placing Cody Ross on waivers last August and then just letting him go to the Giants for nothing swung the entire postseason.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
yes it could lead to something, but until two teams agree to trade a player after he has been claimed, it really is non-news.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I guess I can be the resident Rays fan as I'm about an hour away from St. Pete.

Desmond Jennings is not in the lineup tonight. Rays don't have a prayer.

JABEE

Executives seem to be upset that Twins could put Thome on unconditional release So Thome could get to Phillies according to Buster Olney. Thome has a NTC so it could be used to block a trade or refuse an assignment forcing the Twins to keep him or release him.

Doytch

eznark said:
Up and down. Generally good, but not great. The third episode of the season is one of the best episodes ever though. Potentially THE best. First episode was pretty terrible, but really it was just cleaning up some crap from last season.
Just finished the third right now. Fucking incredible. Up there with the "I think you blew him" episode.

Doytch said:
Just finished the third right now. Fucking incredible. Up there with the "I think you blew him" episode.
Saw the just blew him episode, fucking hilarious bro! And a friend of mine said the third episode od this season was best he seen. I def. need to catch up.

bluemax

Banned
Doytch said:
S6neI.png

Seriously...?

I know in LA the LDS Church does a big group thing at Dodger stadium every year. Dunno if its sanctioned in any way by the Dodgers or just something the church organizes.

talisayNon said:
BREAKING

Justin Smoak UPDATE:

.220/ .317/.387

LOLOLOLOLOlolololol

Still better than whats his face from the Yankees minors.

harSon

Banned
I just wanted to say that I hate the Brewers with all my heart. I wish nothing but bad luck to the franchise, its players and all of its fans :|

Why must you lure me in with promise Pirates, only to lock the door behind me, bend me over and sodomize me once more?!

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
take Jurrjens out please

edit: wow he got out of it. Its amazing that he hasn't given up a run tonight. Hopefully that's his last inning.

Edit: 5 ip, 6h, 4bb, 1k...no runs. Lol cubs.

Windu said:
take Jurrjens out please

edit: wow he got out of it. Its amazing that he hasn't given up a run tonight. Hopefully that's his last inning.

Edit: 5 ip, 6h, 4bb, 1k...no runs. Lol cubs.

I was just saying to somebody that I am amazed how Jurrjens hasn't given up 10 runs yet. He's looked horrible all night. He isn't even throwing anything faster than 88. He's clearly still messed up.

Meier

Who does Eovaldi have to blow to get some run support? I just absolutely loathe everything about the Dodgers these days. When are we going to blow these motherfuckers up?

The offense is honestly worse than I predicted at the beginning of the year and I called a terrible season that resulted in a losing record because of it. Three players on the team in double digit HRs with two of them at 12 and 10? It's ungodly. I can't even fathom that we're not last in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom