• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jman2050

2vkf50j.png

Damnit Windu!

Sharp

The fuck I was waiting for the game to restart and fell asleep

I wake up to hear my computer blaring and see Psylidge happened

Sharp

Wait what the Phillies bullpen gave up a game-tying HR to Ian Desmond? That is pretty much the worst thing you could have done.

UberTag

Awesome all-around win for the Jays this afternoon.

One of these years these August-September contests will actually matter.
But not this year.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Sharp said:
Wait what the Phillies bullpen gave up a game-tying HR to Ian Desmond? That is pretty much the worst thing you could have done.

It was so unexpected and glorious. It came down to the final strike as well when he smashed it.

verbum

Windu said:

I was a doubter earlier this month. 6.5 games back of the Phils.
September 1st will see Delgado and others up to the roster. 6 games to be played between us and the Phillies.
They have to play Milwaukee another series. We are done with the Giants, Diamondbacks, and Milwaukee.
We have some decent depth in case of injuries. I just hope we can catch the Phillies in the middle of their rotation when we meet.
Wild card is looking good, division is in reach with some luck.

ToxicAdam

Damn, Fukudome should have went around him.

I have a feeling today's game and that 14 inning Chicago loss are going to be the difference in preventing the Indians making the playoffs. Both Ubaldo-pitched games.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
verbum said:
I was a doubter earlier this month. 6.5 games back of the Phils.
September 1st will see Delgado and others up to the roster. 6 games to be played between us and the Phillies.
They have to play Milwaukee another series. We are done with the Giants, Diamondbacks, and Milwaukee.
We have some decent depth in case of injuries. I just hope we can catch the Phillies in the middle of their rotation when we meet.
Wild card is looking good, division is in reach with some luck.
6.5 is still way too far behind for me to think about it.

beast786

ToxicAdam said:
Damn, Fukudome should have went around him.

I have a feeling today's game and that 14 inning Chicago loss are going to be the difference in preventing the Indians making the playoffs. Both Ubaldo-pitched games.

I saw you guys schedule . Indians are going to play 18 games in 16 days to end the season.

That is rough.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Windu said:
6.5 is still way too far behind for me to think about it.

Seriously 6.5 is way too large.

I mean at that point you'd be thinking the Rays are still in the race for the WC / Division, and that's not happening.

ToxicAdam

beast786 said:
I saw you guys schedule . Indians are going to play 18 games in 16 days to end the season.

That is rough.

45 in the last 44. Tons of injuries to key players. Fourth youngest team in baseball. Streaky offense.

All signs point down.

eznark

Banned
darkside31337 said:
Seriously 6.5 is way too large.

I mean at that point you'd be thinking the Rays are still in the race for the WC / Division, and that's not happening.

Chasing one team v. chasing numerous teams.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
eznark said:
Chasing one team v. chasing numerous teams.

Rays are technically just chasing one of the two. It doesn't matter which of the two falter down the stretch, they just need one of them to start losing.

lol cubs.

eznark

Banned
darkside31337 said:
Rays are technically just chasing one of the two. It doesn't matter which of the two falter down the stretch, they just need one of them to start losing.

lol cubs.

Jesus I haven't looked at AL Wild Card. I can't believe there is no one else within 7 games of the wild card at this point.

Nuts.

Levyne

Banned
Why does it always seem like Lopez gets the national broadcast games? Terrible stopgap pitcher on a terrible rotation, blah

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Jered Weaver signed to a 5/85 extension with full no trade clause.

Buys out his last year of arbitration + 4 years of free agency. I like the deal a lot for the Angels, but any deal looks good in comparison to Vernon Wells.

Celsior

darkside31337 said:

lol cubs.
Rays play the Yanks 7 times in Sep, possible for them to come back

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
darkside31337 said:

Buys out his last year of arbitration + 4 years of free agency. I like the deal a lot for the Angels, but any deal looks good in comparison to Vernon Wells.
But like just last week we kept hearing about how the Angels were financially crippled. Seems there's still some in the coffer.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Y2Kev said:
But like just last week we kept hearing about how the Angels were financially crippled. Seems there's still some in the coffer.

Craziest thing is that Weaver is a Boras client.

When the hell did Boras start working extensions out?

darkside31337 said:

full no trade clause is pretty eh but wow @ boras extension

Celsior

DevelopmentArrested said:
full no trade clause is pretty eh but wow @ boras extension
Probably 15 mil the first year + 17.5 mil for the next 4 years plus no trade seems why Boras did it.

Probably wouldn't have gotten that much more on the open market.

beast786

darkside31337 said:

Justin Verlander was signed for 5yr/80M. He will be an Unrestricted free agent for 2015. If he keep up, he will have a nice pay day in free agency

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
beast786 said:
Justin Verlander was signed for 5yr/80M. He will be an Unrestricted free agent for 2015. If he keep up, he will have a nice pay day in free agency
I'm sure the Phillies will be glad to give him a 5/200 contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom