• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Giants have indeed claimed Heath Bell. The Padres have until Friday to work out a deal, pull Bell back, or just let him go to the Giants for nothing. He'll be a free agent after this season, so the Padres might pull some trickery and see if they can get some draft picks from the Giants by re-signing Bell after the season.

turnbuckle

VRMN said:
Watching the Indians continue to self-destruct, at home, against the Mariners, just fills me with such immense joy for some reason.

But the White Sox are still the team that I'm most worried about and have been for a while now. Still, 6 games up with about a month left and the Tigers basically playing no one the rest of the way at least feels somewhat secure.

Wow, there was a time I felt I was the only Tigers fan around here. Now there are like, 4 of us! I'm not secure but I'm feeling pretty damned good. We all know how quick things can turn around - for good and for bad. Just a week ago most of us were in a doom/gloom state barely hanging on to a 1.5 game lead.

Verlander's set to start the final game of the season or be rested for the first game of post-season. Let's hope the rest of the rotation does its part so he can get a little rest before we upset the Yankees in the first round.

AnEternalEnigma said:
The Giants have indeed claimed Heath Bell. The Padres have until Friday to work out a deal, pull Bell back, or just let him go to the Giants for nothing. He'll be a free agent after this season, so the Padres might pull some trickery and see if they can get some draft picks from the Giants by re-signing Bell after the season.

If they give him to the Giants and then resign him, they would be the ones giving the Giants a draft pick.

Because of the state of the Mets' bullpen, I'm pretty sure Terry Collins is going to ask Mike Pelfrey to throw upwards of 130 pitches.

In other words, git yo popcorn ready...

Barcraft goers credit a Seattle bar, Chao Bistro, for launching the Barcraft fad this year. Glen Bowers, a 35-year-old Chao patron and "Starcraft" fan, suggested to owner Hyung Chung that he show professional "Starcraft" matches. Seeing that customers were ignoring Mariners baseball broadcasts on the bar's TVs, Mr. Chung, a videogame fan, OK'ed the experiment.

hahahahahahahahaha

I have Pelfrey at 119 pitches with 2 out in the 6th. He's gonna get to 130 if Collins has anything to say about it.

EDIT: OH SHIT WE PLAYING THE FEUD! PELFREY AND POLANCO CHIRPING LOL!!!

Peflrey gets through 6 after throwing 125 pitches... I'd bring him out for the 7th. You want stupid money in arbitration? Git yer ass out there and throw 130+ pitches.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The Frankman said:
Peflrey gets through 6 after throwing 125 pitches... I'd bring him out for the 7th. You want stupid money in arbitration? Git yer ass out there and throw 130+ pitches.

That literally makes no sense what so ever.

Unless you're wanting the Mets to blow out his arm so we can just let him go. Then I agree.

darkside31337 said:
That literally makes no sense what so ever.

Unless you're wanting the Mets to blow out his arm so we can just let him go. Then I agree.
... why would you post such a horrible thing? YOU'RE SICK! SICK I SAY!!!

c'mon Pefrey get in the on-deck circle. Get in there!

DAMMIT! Why is Paulino PH'ing? The pen is tired! GET PELFREY OUT THERE!!!!

Oh to Hell with this. I'll be back in a half hour.

EDIT: Hopefully enzark will have bought wings so he's not so irritated down there.

JABEE

The Frankman said:
Nice DP turn, Acosta ticks it a bit to Turner, who made a nice dive/glove flip and Tejada with the strong throw.
After blowing the out against Victorino Jim Reynolds made it up to him by calling Polanco out.

Meier

Can't believe the Giants are getting Heath Bell. The fuck man.. dude is good. Dodgers supposedly made an effort to get Bell and AGon near the deadline a few years back but of course nothing came of it because Colletti is a fucking idiot.

The team would literally be 2-3x better if the deal had happened.

ToxicAdam

I know no really closely follows the team, but the Indians got destroyed by injuries this year. The base is still there to be successful for the next few years.

It's a shame because the usual achilles heel, the bullpen, was really good. Bullpens are very mercurial. So, it still is an opportunity lost when you can't capitalize on your bullpen being solid.

JABEE

Meier said:
Can't believe the Giants are getting Heath Bell. The fuck man.. dude is good. Dodgers supposedly made an effort to get Bell and AGon near the deadline a few years back but of course nothing came of it because Colletti is a fucking idiot.

They arent getting Heath Bell.

The umpire behind the plate is terrible. He's calling year outside pitches strikes.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Meier said:

all they did was claim him, doesn't look like they will trade for him.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
@ByTimReynolds
Live look at Marlins-Reds: twitpic.com/6aq95v

sMYV2.jpg

Yikes

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Rockies were one of a number teams that pull in a claim on David Wright after the Mets put him on waivers.

Should be interesting to see what they get for him once they trade him in the offseason.

Meier

Windu said:
all they did was claim him, doesn't look like they will trade for him.
Good to hear. In other (rare) good news for the Dodgers, first 3-game sweep in St. Louis since 93 and first series win there since 2003.

clemenx

Banned
Given how the NL West sucks are the Rockies out of it? CarGo and Tulo are awesome again and they tend to have crazy streaks in September. No pitching, though.

darkside31337 said:
Rockies were one of a number teams that pull in a claim on David Wright after the Mets put him on waivers.

Should be interesting to see what they get for him once they trade him in the offseason.
... that's cold.

clemenx said:
Given how the NL West sucks are the Rockies out of it? CarGo and Tulo are awesome again and they tend to have crazy streaks in September. No pitching, though.

The entire division still has a chance if you are adding the Rockies to the mix

Malo

Banned
darkside31337 said:
The Yankees were the ones who put in the claim.
I'm fine with the claim. It would be a platoon since he's terrible against lefties but hits righties well. Hopefully this doesn't mean that Montero won't be called up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom