• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sangreal

SuperMalo said:
I'm fine with the claim. It would be a platoon since he's terrible against lefties but hits righties well. Hopefully this doesn't mean that Montero won't be called up.

I'm fine with the claim, but I don't expect to acquire him. I think they just wanted to block him from the Red Sox

Malo

Banned
sangreal said:
I'm fine with the claim, but I don't expect to acquire him. I think they just wanted to block him from the Red Sox
I doubt they get him as well since the cubs seem reluctant to trade him according to Rosenthal .

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Wilson - 3.08 ERA / 3.07 FIP
Ogando - 3.33 ERA / 3.47 FIP
Harrison - 3.28 ERA / 3.72 FIP
Holland - 4.42 ERA / 4.03 FIP
Lewis - 4.07 ERA / 4.65 FIP

A lot of teams would kill for that kind of a mess of a rotation.

Wellington said:
sMYV2.jpg

Yikes
New stadium shall never be this empty. If it is, strip Florida of its baseball teams!

eznark

Banned
http://www.wbaltv.com/sports/28967968/detail.html

Former Baltimore Orioles pitcher and general manager Mike Flanagan was found dead on his Baltimore County property, WBAL-TV 11 Sports Director Gerry Sandusky has confirmed through multiple sources.
Baltimore County police and fire spokeswoman Elise Armacost told WBAL-TV 11 News that police officers discovered a man's body alongside a trail in Monkton late Wednesday afternoon. Armacost did not identify the man.

Read more: http://www.wbaltv.com/sports/28967968/detail.html#ixzz1Vzz31hL6

rekameohs

Banned
So, both Aaron Hill and Johnny Mac have made run-saving defensive plays in exchange for their poor offense in their first game in Arizona.

I'll take them over Kelly Johnson any day.

sangreal said:
Eh, I already gave him credit

I don't see how anyone can be blamed for writing him off. It's not like it was based on a small sample. He sucked for 1.5 seasons before his recent DL stint

yeah but a lot of fans just got downright vicious. like he'd never done anything worthwhile in his career. all players get old and anyone can recognize it but some fans took it too far.

Doytch

brettlawriebrettlawriebrettlawriebrettlawriebrettlawrie

"and the blue jays are riding his big broad shoulders." nice, jerry.

sangreal

Well there goes CC's WIN. Thanks Joe!

(I'm actually not sure if I would have taken CC out earlier. Sizemore hit him all night, but it is still CC)

Enron

Banned
Macattk15 said:
Dat Matt Harrison regression!

Yep. And I was calling it the first 3 weeks of the season and argued on several sites with lots of Rangers fans. It took longer than I thought, but Matt Harrison is truly pitching like his horrible self again. His last 7 starts are absolutely brutal.

sangreal

Michael Kay has really been getting on my nerves lately. For the rare times he actually talks about the game, I feel like I know exactly what he will say in any situation

Enron said:
Yep. And I was calling it the first 3 weeks of the season and argued on several sites with lots of Rangers fans. It took longer than I thought, but Matt Harrison is truly pitching like his horrible self again. His last 7 starts are absolutely brutal.
Just another case of sticking his nose where it doesn't belong. Nolan has gotta now that guys that have 90 plus and no command won't work anymore. This isn't the seventies were the guy in the batters box was on coke or lsd or trying to cover a gambling line. That's how we got a bunch of his K's.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
sangreal said:
Michael Kay has really been getting on my nerves lately. For the rare times he actually talks about the game, I feel like I know exactly what he will say in any situation
I hate the Yankee broadcast situation. It's either Kay or Sterling and Suzyn.

Jeter showing some range to the left at least to bail Robertson out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom