• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

h3ro

*checks Yanks score*

di-38XD.gif

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
AnEternalEnigma said:
To be fair, they aren't just acquiring him for the fuck of it. Hafner's done for the year now with his foot injury.
I wonder what marginal relief pitcher the Twins will receive in the trade.

Rich Harden and Brandon Webb need to get healthy and become knuckelballers. Then Billy Beane needs to rehire the best manager in baseball dfa fuentes dfa breslow dfa noberto. Sign Kawakumi. Move to San Jose.

Doytch

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
http://i.imgur.com/pJIpX.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Even him beasting all over the last month wouldn't be enough for me in roto. Fuck Heyward, fuck Wright, fuck Oswalt, fuck stupid motherfucking Liriano, fuck Billingsley.

Sanjuro

Reddick has dropped down to earth as expected, but still getting some solid hits. Drew is supposed to be back for September 1st. I'm hoping he is in the experienced veteran bench role. I wouldn't be opposed to him starting if he is healthy (impossible) and this is his last hurrah.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Rangers get beat down in one series and their fans are acting like Giants fans. It's kinda sad really.

Paul Goldschmidt has some crazy absurd raw power. A man who is completely incapable of hitting a just barely homer, absolutely launched one off Clippard in the DBacks - Nats game.

darkside31337 said:
Rangers get beat down in one series and their fans are acting like Giants fans. It's kinda sad really.

Paul Goldschmidt has some crazy absurd raw power. A man who is completely incapable of hitting a just barely homer, absolutely launched one off Clippard in the DBacks - Nats game.
Rangers were an inning away from an 8 game lead 7 days ago. After this loss their lead will be down to 2.

cashman

Banned
lol

edit: I'll start freaking out after the angels series

Rafa=FedKilla said:
CJ Wilson should never lead a rotation, but they were banking on Brandon Webb this season.

Banking would imply they made a significant investment in Brandon Webb

Enron

Banned
Rafa=FedKilla said:
CJ Wilson should never lead a rotation, but they were banking on Brandon Webb this season.

No they weren't.

darkside31337 said:

It's more than just this "one" series. Go look up Matt Harrison and Alexi Ogando's last month+ of starts. It's ugly. REAL ugly.

Enron said:
No they weren't.

It's more than just this "one" series. Go look up Matt Harrison and Alexi Ogando's last month+ of starts. It's ugly. REAL ugly.
It was a joke brah, but I'm not joking about Nolan ruining the rotation.

Sharp

H-Rod has the fastest fastball in the majors, a filthy curve, and still manages to be a well below-average, very hittable reliever.

Sharp said:
H-Rod has the fastest fastball in the majors, a filthy curve, and still manages to be a well below-average, very hittable reliever.
Bobby Parnell would like a word with you.

And as a bonus, Jason Bay stands too far away from the plate and wouldn't be traded for Barry Zito:

Jason-Bay-batters-box-580x402.png

Sharp

Zimmerman, Werth and Morse all stand at the extreme edge of the batter's box when they're at-bat. It's frustrating as hell, especially since Morse is the only one who can actually reach outside pitches from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom