• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

verbum

Another place said Mayor Bloomberg of New York cancelled Saturday and Sunday Mets' games.
The subway was closing on Saturday anyway, so a good idea on his part. I guess the Braves will have some more double headers to play.

Edit: I feel like Napoleon-Wellington just beat me to it.

Damn Sat. And Sun. Games cancelled? Wat if the situation hasn't gotten better on Monday? Mets suppose to play doubleheader with the Marlins.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Wellington said:
Mayor Bloomberg basically just ordered these games cancelled. MTA is shutting down at noon on Saturday.
verbum said:
Another place said Mayor Bloomberg of New York cancelled Saturday and Sunday Mets' games.
The subway was closing on Saturday anyway, so a good idea on his part. I guess the Braves will have some more double headers to play.

Edit: I feel like Napoleon-Wellington just beat me to it.
yep, double header on September 8th.

Malo

Banned
darkside31337 said:
So it's basically like a home game for the Yankees. So unfair :(
JyuWy.gif

verbum

Dmncnby2k9 said:
Damn Sat. And Sun. Games cancelled? Wat if the situation hasn't gotten better on Monday? Mets suppose to play doubleheader with the Marlins.

Marlins love the water. The hurricane will be over by Monday.
You think Mother Nature can fool with Goldman Sachs? You notice how she waited until the markets were closed to come on up?

verbum

Dmncnby2k9 said:
Fuck man, Irene ain't no joke!
I grew up in Florida. Some wind damage but it will not be massive flooding unless you get the storm surge right along the coast. Now if it stalls and sits in one spot for a few days, it will dump some rain and flood the creeks and rivers.

The core of the hurricane is forecast to approach the coast of North Carolina tonight and pass near or over the North Carolina Coast Saturday. The hurricane is forecast to move near or over the Mid-Atlantic coast Saturday night. Maximum sustained winds have decreased to 100 mph, with higher gusts. Irene is a Category Two hurricane. Little change in strength is forecast before Irene reaches the coast of North Carolina. Some weakening is expected after that, but Irene is expected to remain a hurricane as it moves along the Mid-Atlantic coast on Sunday. Irene is a large tropical cyclone. Hurricane force winds extend outward up to 90 miles and tropical storm force winds 290 miles from the center.

We had one sit over the middle of Georgia for 4 days. Everything flooded. There were caskets popping up out of graves and floating down the Flint River.

jman2050

verbum said:
I grew up in Florida. Some wind damage but it will not be massive flooding unless you get the storm surge right along the coast. Now if it stalls and sits in one spot for a few days, it will dump some rain and flood the creeks and rivers.

To be fair, a hurricane in Florida is not the same as a hurricane in NY, for example. Also helps that anyone who's lived in Florida for any significant amount of time is always prepared for this type of thing. Not so much further up north.

Doytch

I finally caved to the hype on my Facebook page (some idiots are heading 5hrs inland [from Raleigh] and posting about it) and went to the grocery store. Pallets and pallets of untouched water bottles. I felt like such a tool. Picked up some peanuts for the Bulls game I'm going to tonight and left.

Marlins and Phillies just cancelled game 2 of their rescheduled doubleheader on Saturday.

The Marlins do not visit Philadelphia the rest of the season, but the teams do have a mutual off-day on Thursday, September 15. It would work out to re-play it then because the Phillies begin a four-game series against the Cardinals at home the next day, while the Marlins begin a three-game set against the Nationals in Washington the next day. The Marlins can travel to Philly, play the one game, then bip down to DC quickly.

Of course, they could always agree to not play it until the day after the regular season if it affects the Phillies chances to go to the playoffs (lol).

Doytch said:
I finally caved to the hype on my Facebook page (some idiots are heading 5hrs inland [from Raleigh] and posting about it) and went to the grocery store. Pallets and pallets of untouched water bottles. I felt like such a tool. Picked up some peanuts for the Bulls game I'm going to tonight and left.
Bulls game?!

Mrbob

It is a shame the upcoming weekend sweep of the Brewers by the Cubs won't mean anything since the Cardinals have already tanked the season away.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Back from San Fran. At&t park is really quite lovely. I was surprised all the bar were full of giants fans, you know, considering the bars were not built within the last year and you rarely change your location.

Doytch

Shitty ass hurricane making it rain = people don't want to go out.

I shall console myself with Forty Creek Canadian Whisky and a team that knows how shit's done: with a retractable roof.

Celsior said:
Why can't the Yanks/Balt just move the Saturday game up to 11:00am
the Sunday game to 8:00pm and Monday have a double header?
It's gonna be raining. The rain is leading the storm by at least 24 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom