• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a MASTERFUL performance by Chris Capuano. CG, only 2 hits allowed and 13 K's... wish I could see it on a SNY feed instead of the Braves deadpanning it.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
James Shields with 10 complete games on the season. That's 2 more than Weaver + Verlander combined. Only other guy with 10 CG's in a season in the last 10 years was CC in 08.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
yeah that was a embarrassing performance by the braves. Apparently the late announcement of the postponement for the series made the players have to go all the way back to the hotel after arriving at the stadium and get their stuff so they can leave right after the game. I wonder if that had anything to do with their performance. Probably a couple hours of traveling going back and forth.

Windu said:
yeah that was a embarrassing performance by the braves. Apparently the late announcement of the postponement for the series made the players have to go all the way back to the hotel after arriving at the stadium and get their stuff so they can leave right after the game. I wonder if that had anything to do with their performance. Probably a couple hours of traveling going back and forth.

That explains a lot. None of them looked mentally into this game, which is a shame because it looks like the Phillies are about to lose. It would have been nice to shave another game off the NL East deficit.

Enron

Banned
cashman said:
Ive never seen a ball hit so far up the hill before.

Neither have I. Tom Grieve says the only other ball he's ever seen hit higher up on the hill was a ball hit by Paul Sorrento that hit up on the concrete.

It's the 10th longest home run ever hit at TBiA, and the 3rd longest this year.

JaskoX1

Banned
Back from the Tribe game. hell yes. Thome looked so happy. Said he was more nervous tonite than he was when he was when going for HR #600

Like this Ubaldo trade even more. Le't remember that Josh Beckett had a rough time coming to the AL.

damn injuries though.... . .. tomlin, choo, brantely..

McNei1y

I really want Collin Ballester to succeed but he has been pretty bad... Now he gives up a walk off to the Cincinnati. Wang got shafted tonight.

Enron

Banned
sf2fanatic said:
They were talking about that today on MLBN. Him, Lewis and Ugando. Hit and miss last month.

Ogando is a reliever. I don't expect anything more out of Ogando the rest of the way except more terrible outings. He's out of gas, he has 2 good pitches, he's a reliever masquerading as a starter and the ball just ended. Lewis most definitely. He's like Holland but 10 years older. Great one outing, throwing BP the next.

Enron said:
Ogando is a reliever. I don't expect anything more out of Ogando the rest of the way except more terrible outings. He's out of gas, he has 2 good pitches, he's a reliever masquerading as a starter and the ball just ended. Lewis most definitely. He's like Holland but 10 years older. Great one outing, throwing BP the next.

Sorry it wasnt Ogando they were talking about. It was Harrison. Holland,Lewis and Harrison. Harrison was getting me some good points for fantasy baseball

My apologizes for the wrong info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom