• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cashman

Banned
Enron said:
Ogando is a reliever. I don't expect anything more out of Ogando the rest of the way except more terrible outings. He's out of gas, he has 2 good pitches, he's a reliever masquerading as a starter and the ball just ended. Lewis most definitely. He's like Holland but 10 years older. Great one outing, throwing BP the next.
Ogando is definitely entering unchartered territory when it comes to innings pitched. I don't really think hes a reliever in disguise longterm though. Two plus pitches and an average change is pretty good for an MLB starter.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Rkqbg.png

Jason Schmidt now on the Giants Wall of Fame. For his help with the Giants and for going to the Dodgers and wasting tons of their payroll.

*Totally forgot we got Schmidt by trading Ryan Vogelsong lol.

Corran Horn said:
Rkqbg.png

Jason Schmidt now on the Giants Wall of Fame. For his help with the Giants and for going to the Dodgers and wasting tons of their payroll.

*Totally forgot we got Schmidt by trading Ryan Vogelsong lol.

Darren Dreifort was the one that made out like a bandit with the Dodgers

Enron

Banned
sf2fanatic said:
Sorry it wasnt Ogando they were talking about. It was Harrison. Holland,Lewis and Harrison. Harrison was getting me some good points for fantasy baseball

My apologizes for the wrong info.

Harrison is another guy who is pitching WAY over his head. Well, WAS. He's a failed former prospect, scouts thought he could be a #3, but instead he's pitching like a crappy #5. He belongs in the pen as a situational lefty.

Tigers have the best last ten games record of 8-2. Pitching, bullpen and hitting very well. Run differential is +13. Indians are 6.5 GB.

It's weird being a Tigers fan with some positive feelings.

Edit: Wait what KC, you walked in the go ahead run for Cleveland? wtff..

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I wish my Mets were blowing enormous leads in the month of September. Those were the days, of actually playing relevant baseball in September :(

cashman

Banned
Enron said:
Harrison is another guy who is pitching WAY over his head. Well, WAS. He's a failed former prospect, scouts thought he could be a #3, but instead he's pitching like a crappy #5. He belongs in the pen as a situational lefty.
Harrison is like 25 and is also at a career high in innings pitched. His peripheral stats don't really show that he's getting lucky. The thing with a young pitching staff is that they're all going through growing pains and aren't really used to pitching a full season. I think they'll manage to get a little extra juice come playoff time.

eznark

Banned
Just got home, time to watch the replay. LOL at people who said the Brewers couldn't catch the Phillies. 4 games out with 4 to play against them.

UNPOSSIBLE

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Windu said:
yeah that was a embarrassing performance by the braves. Apparently the late announcement of the postponement for the series made the players have to go all the way back to the hotel after arriving at the stadium and get their stuff so they can leave right after the game. I wonder if that had anything to do with their performance. Probably a couple hours of traveling going back and forth.
I can accept that they were a little more tired than usual, but they still need to go fuck themselves.

darkiguana said:
7RUye.gif

Now we need to get the next 2, hopefully Scocia's gamble backfires.

Mikey has to take a gamble. Cant rely on rookies in a pennant chase. It burned him last time against them. I take my chances with my guns than to go with a scrubs whose been pitching like crap lately

e: Im so glad Vin Scully is coming back next year to announce Dodger games.

McNei1y

Future Adrian Gonzalez aka Chris Marrero is going to finally get a shot at the bigs! Whats even better is Morse goes back to LF to optimize our lineup!

I need to forget tonights loss

verbum

CygnusXS said:
I can accept that they were a little more tired than usual, but they still need to go fuck themselves.

I don't care which team he would have been facing, Capuano would have beaten them. He had a once a year performance tonight. I didn't see 100% of the game but Capuano hd good movement, great accuracy, and luck on his side. Uggla hits a line drive 6 feet off the ground right over the SS who catches it. Freeman had no idea where the pitches were going to be. Chipper got completely fooled twice. Great game for the pitcher.

cashman said:
Harrison is like 25 and is also at a career high in innings pitched. His peripheral stats don't really show that he's getting lucky. The thing with a young pitching staff is that they're all going through growing pains and aren't really used to pitching a full season. I think they'll manage to get a little extra juice come playoff time.
They will all regress next year just like the Padres.

The Frankman said:
Hmmm Tigers with a big lead ... didn't we do this last year?

*rewinds to see last years postseason thread*

Oh I'm well aware. I don't see Cleveland or Chicago getting the surge of wins that the Twins had.

Doytch

darkside31337 said:
Niemann sucks. TB needs to take him out of the rotation on September 1st.
Not gonna happen. Moore's gonna have 150 innings by then (144 in 2010), so they'll probably have him work out of the bullpen a la Price. And that's if they bring him up at all.

Didn't see a replay - thanks shitty Sportsnet for showing some geriatric interviewee instead - but Upton couldn't have gotten a good read on that. Wasn't even close, and Arencibia isn't great at throwing runners out.

Noooooo, geriatric interviewee is on the FAN now. Thought I'd avoid it. WTF, a kid's story written by a soulless Rogers family member?

McNei1y

Pretty exciting lineup for the nats tonight:

Desmond SS
Werth CF
Zimmerman 3B
Morse LF
Espinosa 2B
Nix, RF
Chris Marrero, 1B
Ramos, C
Ross Detwiler, SP

Doytch

darkside31337 said:
Believe in the Rays! They'll get it down to 7 games after today :(
They're really not a good enough team in the East, though. You have to be top three in MLB to make the playoffs in the ALEast this year...

Longo is soawesome.

Got damn, Arencibia's actually been throwing it well. It's not just the pitcher.

eznark

Banned
Doytch said:
Her we gooo!

Setting up perfectly for a Lawrie go-ahead HR.

noooo

FYI, Lawrie has been cursed by Milwaukee sports radio. Local guy called him a lock for the hall of fame. Other Mark Belling locks: JP Lohsman and Lorenzo Cain.

Expect Lawrie to be out of the league soon. Sorry.

Mrbob

eznark said:
Just got home, time to watch the replay. LOL at people who said the Brewers couldn't catch the Phillies. 4 games out with 4 to play against them.

UNPOSSIBLE

Your Brewers are 8 back in the loss column, champ.

Why do you want the top seed so badly? Baseball is all about getting in, and then seeing who is hot.

Brewers have a better built post season team this year than Philly, anyway. Regardless of which seed Milwaukee finishes at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom