• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shit!

(Royals blowing the save, not losing Treanor). Treanor was a step up from stupid old Jason Kendall, but now we have Sal Perez, and he's the future.

EDIT: Oh man, and as I wrote that, Perez maybe got hurt.

Doytch

Looks like AA basically had to take on three shitty players in the Rasmus deal, didn't want to release them right the fuck away because it might look shifty to Rogers/mgmt, so he waited for the first opportunity to do it instead. Teahen is on notice.

Braves lineup posted. Diaz hitting 6th. He's a career .400 (12-for-30) hitter off John Lannan.

1. Bourn - CF
2. Prado - LF
3. McCann - C
4. Uggla - 2B
5. Jones - 3B
6. Diaz - RF
7. Freeman - 1B
8. Gonzalez - SS
9. Lowe - P

JESUS HAS RISEN: SEPT. 1ST.

jesus-montero-200x200.jpg

turnbuckle

ToxicAdam said:
Just seems like the Tigers year. Not many injuries, winning lots of 1 run games down the stretch, easy September schedule.

I hope you're right.

Boesch might not get to effectively swing the bat the rest of the season and will need surgery.
Al Alburquerque is injury prone and has had multiple stints on the dl because he is also prone to get hit by batting practice balls.

Outside of that there's been little concern with injuries so long as you don't count the inevitable ones for Zumaya and Guillen.

It's a blessing when Inge and Maggs are injured.

Last year injuries really hurt us. That and the fact that our team was awful.
Our rotation has been healthy as have most of our regulars. What's put us over the top has been Avila and Peralta becoming All-Stars and VMart being a great singles hitter. Oh, and Verlander.

I'll say again - Thank god we didn't get Adam Dunn. If I didn't hate them so much I'd feel sorry for Sox fans. Hell, as bad as he's been this year I do feel sorry for them. We're quite fortunate they took so long to bring up Viciedo.

AnEternalEnigma said:
Braves lineup posted. Diaz hitting 6th. He's a career .400 (12-for-30) hitter off John Lannan.

1. Bourn - CF
2. Prado - LF
3. McCann - C
4. Uggla - 2B
5. Jones - 3B
6. Diaz - RF
7. Freeman - 1B
8. Gonzalez - SS
9. Lowe - P

A Gone needs to be off that lineup. Put a double RF with Constanza

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Diaz is back? Awesome. Now go get infante and get rid of lugo. I haven't seen anything about him being claimed so I assume he cleared waivers. Also I'm getting tired of this heyward being on the bench thing.

McNei1y

AnEternalEnigma said:

1. Bourn - CF
2. Prado - LF
3. McCann - C
4. Uggla - 2B
5. Jones - 3B
6. Diaz - RF
7. Freeman - 1B
8. Gonzalez - SS
9. Lowe - P

Here's ours to combat Lowe.

1. Ian Desmond, SS
2. Jayson Werth, CF
3. Ryan Zimmerman, 3B
4. Michael Morse, LF
5. Laynce Nix, RF
6. Danny Espinosa, 2B
7. Chris Marrero, 1B
8. Jesus Flores, C
9. John Lannan, SP

Should be an interesting night.

September call ups will see Bud Selig announce the return of the Expos, with the Brewers on the verge of winning the WS, he will rectify all the mistakes that he made that are hidden in his sunken cheeks. All New Era cap revenue will be used to fully pay for the construction of the Labatt concept stadium. Joe Maddon will mange the team. The rotation will be Zito, Webb, Kazmir, Harden and Moyer. Redemption starts here.

clemenx

Banned
The Frankman said:
http://www.metsblog.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/JasonBayCold.png/IMG]

God I hate you Jason Bay. I would rather have Luis Castillo on this team rather than you.[/QUOTE]
I was going to say, let's not get crazy in here. But Bay makes it debatable, sigh. He truly sucks.

Did u hear about the Front Office looking at Bay possibly playing CF. They love his clubhouse presence and positive attiitude. According to Daily News, they feel that a CF doesn't have to worry about hitting for power. I thought that was only if you were a great fielder. Bays nice at LF but CF is a whole different animal.

Doytch

Dmncnby2k9 said:
Did u hear about the Front Office looking at Bay possibly playing CF. They love his clubhouse presence and positive attiitude. According to Daily News, they feel that a CF doesn't have to worry about hitting for power. I thought that was only if you were a great fielder. Bays nice at LF but CF is a whole different animal.
Uhhhh....
vFoYb.png

LJ11

If Bay is such a nice guy, a team guy, he should do the org a favor and retire, it's in the team's best interest Jason! Think of the TEAM!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
LJ11 said:
If Bay is such a nice guy, a team guy, he should do the org a favor and retire, it's in the team's best interest Jason! Think of the TEAM!

He's Canadian.

Seriously though he shouldn't give the Mets a penny of his money back or retire. Not his fault Omar was the biggest joke ever.

LJ11 said:
He should retire and then get a job as a Clubhouse assitant or sum shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom