• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doytch

Dmncnby2k9 said:
he plays a nice LF. He's rated third best LF according to one of the defensive metrics. He's not Carl Crawford out there, but he makes the plays.
I'm not sure which one that would be... I prefer DRS, but if you use UZR, he's 9 of 13 qualified LF. He doesn't even pass the eye-test for me.

Doytch said:
I'm not sure which one that would be... I prefer DRS, but if you use UZR, he's 9 of 13 qualified LF. He doesn't even pass the eye-test for me.
I gotta re-check article to see which one he used.
The writer used Defensive Runs Saved. He said Holliday and I think Parro only ones in front of him.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Kimbrel ending the game on a 100MPH strikeout. Derek Lowe hit a homer earlier.

Totally makes up for yesterday.

Kingbrave

CygnusXS said:
Kimbrel ending the game on a 100MPH strikeout. Derek Lowe hit a homer earlier.

Totally makes up for yesterday.

And Kimbrel broke the record for saves for a rookie with a month left to go!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
It's like hughes is as bad as burnett but because he doesn't look like a piece of crap, no one cares

Dragon

Banned
cuevas said:
Was there a rain delay or something? Why is this game still in the 6th? Oh yeah, yankees redsox

Yes make fun of the two teams that are the top in the majors in runs scored for taking pitches. Jesus, don't watch the game if all you're going to do is whine about how long it takes. And blame Beckett, the guy takes fucking forever to throw the ball to the plate.

Sanjuro

kZisZ.gif
\

EDIT: Sliding into first. Works!?

Doytch

Alvarez goes 8 shutout innings, giving up 5 hits, walking no one, and 16 groundouts to 1 flyout. And he's 21 years old.

(STFU about it being the Orilols!)

Meier

Pretty impressive stat...

Jansen in midst of incredible relief run

LOS ANGELES -- Since coming off his first disabled list stint on June 18, Kenley Jansen has been more than just impressive. He's been downright dominant.

Jansen, who hasn't allowed a run or an extra-base hit since his return, has tossed 19 straight scoreless innings while striking out 29 hitters.

With a scoreless frame on Tuesday, the rookie righty added a reliever no-hitter to his list of impressive feats. The last 29 hitters Jansen has faced are a combined 0-for-26 with three walks, and one of those walks was erased on a double play. The last hit Jansen gave up was an eighth-inning single to Kelly Johnson in a July 17 loss at Arizona.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom