• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

Doytch said:
Terrible riposte. Quality-wise, almost as bad as the vile Sam Adams Octoberfest I bought and drank tonight. Vile.

<3
Octoberfest is a beautiful and classy lady, you shut your whore mouth. I'm happy for Bautista. He isn't living up to my Brady Anderson comparison.

Doytch

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Octoberfest is a beautiful and classy lady, you shut your whore mouth. I'm happy for Bautista. He isn't living up to my Brady Anderson comparison.
It was just super plain. Nothing distinguishing about it, especially for a ltd edition or w/e. I chased it with an Augustiner Dunkel since I can't get my glorious Czech black lagers in this podunk country; I have to slum it with ze Germans.

JABEE

Not too bad Cliff! Too bad he wasn't able to get last out, but 8 and 2/3 in a combined shut out isn't bad. 5-0 for the month of August.

Malo

Banned
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
It's an unnecessary waste of time. Just play take me out to the ballgame and throw some crackerjacks at kids faces.
I agree with you. Its the same thing at Yankee stadium.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
James Shields is a god. On his way to his 11th CG of the year. Last time a SP had 11+ CG's in a year was 1999 when Randy Johnson did it.

Doytch

darkside31337 said:
James Shields is a god. On his way to his 11th CG of the year. Last time a SP had 11+ CG's in a year was 1999 when Randy Johnson did it.
You know what else was big in 99? Roids.

Doytch

this jaystalk is god awful.

"listen mike i followed bautista when he was with the pirates." yeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh ok.

really hope these obvious hockey fans dont bandwagon the jays...

Fenix

darkside31337 said:
Okay?

You know who wasn't big in 99? Bautista.
Well yeah, he was 18 and wasn't sucking HGH through a curly straw yet, duh.

^ I don't think anything will top the guy a couple weeks back who said "Jays should go to a 200 million dollar payroll or else move them to Vancouver."

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Braves just traded for jack Wilson apparently, better than lugo I guess. Is he still a elite defender at short? (I'm too lazy to research it right now).

Dragon

Banned
darkside31337 said:

Last time people cared about the Rays, is well...never.

Hey ESPN, Curt Schilling commentating on a Red Sox game....really bro's? really?

Also I was board at work and was fucking around on baseball reference, filtering the top career/season numbers and LOL at the pitching numbers. The first like 20 or 30 best pitching seasons/careers for almost every major statistic happened in the 1800s. About the only thing those fuckers couldn't do is hit homeruns.

Sanjuro

Ninja Scooter said:
Hey ESPN, Curt Schilling commentating on a Red Sox game....really bro's? really?

Also I was board at work and was fucking around on baseball reference, filtering the top career/season numbers and LOL at the pitching numbers. The first like 20 or 30 best pitching seasons/careers for almost every major statistic happened in the 1800s. About the only thing those fuckers couldn't do is hit homeruns.
Nomar is next to him....:'(

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
ok, looks like wilson isn't elite at short anymore, but still very good. Like it. So long lugo!

clemenx

Banned
BRAUN-FACEPLANT.gif.pagespeed.ce.ggGPybaMVl.gif

There's an angle where he about to round 3rd where you see he might be breaking down. Then rounding third he's fighting so hard to stay upright and tries to go horizontal and fly the last 50 feet.

Fucker deserves it for not busting it out of the gate.

Only about 8000 people showed up at the Dodgers game in our continuing efforts to run Frank McCourt out of town.

LA Times said:
Aldana had an extra ticket, so he phoned his sister, Lisa, a longtime Dodgers fan.

"I offered her the ticket and she said, 'No, I'm not giving any money to Frank McCourt,' " he says.

Saldana replied that he was giving her the ticket for free.

"She said, 'Yeah, but then once I get there, what if I buy a beer? That's still money in McCourt's pocket. No way.' "

better:
LA Times said:
"You look around today and realize that this thing is beyond repair," Aldana says. "We've become the Florida Marlins."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-plaschke-dodgers-crowd-20110901,0,7437893.column

Fenix said:
Well yeah, he was 18 and wasn't sucking HGH through a curly straw yet, duh.

^ I don't think anything will top the guy a couple weeks back who said "Jays should go to a 200 million dollar payroll or else move them to Vancouver."
There are actual believers out there, I think on Coast to Coast AM, that the Rays will be moved to Vancouver in two years. Selig will never surrender Florida because he owes the old people there too much money and more and more people are getting older in Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom