• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToxicAdam

I think Phelps might have gotten that hand in before the tag. But, seeing it in live action, I thought he was out.

Oh well, I'll take it.

Now if KC could only fucking hold a lead, Indians would be 3.5 out.

ToxicAdam said:
I think Phelps might have gotten that hand in before the tag. But, seeing it in live action, I thought he was out.
I went back and slow mo replayed it right after it happened just to double check what I saw. Tag happened well before his hand was there.

But yeah, I'll totally take it.

It was funny when they replayed it as the play of the game, and showed it at a low angle so you couldn't tell where his hand was when he got tagged :)

clemenx

Banned
Cliff Lee is kinda good.
He threw 8 2/3 scoreless innings in Wednesday's 3-0 victory over the Reds at Great American Ball Park. Lee went 5-0 with a 0.21 ERA in June and 5-0 with a 0.45 ERA in August to join Hall of Fame pitchers Bob Gibson and Walter Johnson as the only three pitchers in baseball history to be 5-0 with an ERA under 1.00 in two separate months in the same season.

Gibson accomplished the feat in 1968: June (6-0, 0.50 ERA) and July (6-0, 0.50 ERA).

Johnson accomplished the feat in 1913: April (5-0, 0.24 ERA) and July (6-0, 0.81 ERA).

Fuck the Phillies.

oatmeal

Banned
So when does the other shoe drop for the Yankees rotation?

Hughes is crap, Burnett is crap, Sabathia is good...and somehow Garcia/Nova/Colon have all been good all season.

Certainly 2 of those 3 have to start sucking soon, right? Garcia was picked up off the scrapheap.

Speaking of which, what's with Eric Chavez not sucking all of a sudden? And Andruw Jones suddenly being a good hitter again?

What's in those Yankee pinstripes?

Anyhoo...excited to smash Burnett.

Burnett will pitch 7 innings of 2-run ball and strike out 6 batters with only 1 walk.

Yankees win 7 - 4.

Jesus will rise with a 2-run HR off Lester.

I'm watching the Cosby Show on Centric right now; I'll believe in anything.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
oatmeal said:
So when does the other shoe drop for the Yankees rotation?

Hughes is crap, Burnett is crap, Sabathia is good...and somehow Garcia/Nova/Colon have all been good all season.

Certainly 2 of those 3 have to start sucking soon, right? Garcia was picked up off the scrapheap.

Speaking of which, what's with Eric Chavez not sucking all of a sudden? And Andruw Jones suddenly being a good hitter again?

What's in those Yankee pinstripes?

Anyhoo...excited to smash Burnett.

Are you predicting that this New York team which has been getting by with smoke and mirrors in a questionable rotation will blow a 7 game lead in the last month of the season?

As a Mets fan I only wish this happened.

oatmeal

Banned
captmcblack said:
Burnett will pitch 7 innings of 2-run ball and strike out 6 batters with only 1 walk.

Yankees win 7 - 4.

I do hope they play Montero...so much hype, brought into a Sox/Yankees matchup?

It will be so blown out of proportion that he won't possibly be able to live up to it (even if he goes 2-4 with 2 HR's, people will complain).

Malo

Banned
captmcblack said:
Burnett will pitch 2 innings of 7-run ball and strike out 1 batter with only 6 walks.

Yankees lose 9-4.

Fixed.

oatmeal

Banned
darkside31337 said:
Are you predicting that this New York team which has been getting by with smoke and mirrors in a questionable rotation will blow a 7 game lead in the last month of the season?

As a Mets fan I only wish this happened.

I doubt they'll blow the lead, they're sitting pretty comfortable.

But their offense, I'm not sure I fully understand.

Jeter has been nails since coming off the DL (of couuuuurse), and Cano/Granderson have been great. But Teix has been awful (minus HR's, but who gives a shit about HR's when you play half your games in the Playskool park?), A-Rod hasn't been A-Rod.

They have a lockdown pen (with or without Soriano), so that helps...but their rotation. Other than Sabathia, none of them are intimidating...they just...keep...pitching well.

Mind boggling.

Malo

Banned
oatmeal said:
I doubt they'll blow the lead, they're sitting pretty comfortable.

But their offense, I'm not sure I fully understand.

Jeter has been nails since coming off the DL (of couuuuurse), and Cano/Granderson have been great. But Teix has been awful (minus HR's, but who gives a shit about HR's when you play half your games in the Playskool park?), A-Rod hasn't been A-Rod.

They have a lockdown pen (with or without Soriano), so that helps...but their rotation. Other than Sabathia, none of them are intimidating...they just...keep...pitching well.

Mind boggling.
Dem mystical pinstripes.

As surely as Lisa Bonet was gorgeous back in the day, the Yankees will surely survive September with a 7-game lead in the Wild Card and games remaining against the team they're in front of.

The Mets will be the charter members of that club alone for all time.

Just got home and saw the replays....

1) LOL @ Braun
2) Saw the attendence at Dodger Stadium..I didnt know the Marlins started playing there..
3) King Felix still a beast..:(

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
RowandSwings.jpg

rowandclue.gif

One thing I will miss about rowand...my hatred of him.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Dmncnby2k9 said:
You guys cleaned house bro, when is Zito leaving?
Take him, im sure the people of Norcal are willing to pitch in to help with the contract.

Im almost happy with our lineup now besides Cabera.

eznark

Banned
CajoleJuice said:
Steve Slowinski is one of the best at making sabermetrics easy to understand, actually. That post is great.

Ya, there was nothing confusing about that, so just looking at something like wXB/AB can be intimidating to some people.

He needs a way better name than wXB/AB though. TRS. Total Real Slugging, and also pronounced Tris, after all time doubles leader Tris Speaker (since wXB values doubles higher, see).

Maxim726X said:
Why would the Wilpons back out? I wouldn't be surprised if it was Einhorn jetting after the Picard case fell through.
I heard things are actually looking good in the Wilpon case for once, Picard over-billing people or something. I bet this had to do with Wilpon not wanting to give up any control, note they're looking to sell off small shares to many people a.k.a less input by alot of different people.

turnbuckle

Jacob Turner up making another spot start to give Verlander an extra day of rest. Wish we'd just ignore innings limits and throw him in the regular rotaiton.

Magglio just stole third lol

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
A source close to the situation told ESPNNewYork.com's Rubin on Thursday that the Mets will now change course. Instead of turning to one of the reported runners-up, such as commodities trader Ray Bartoszek, the team will now try to sell a series of smaller units to family and friends to reach the $200 million stake they desire.

Anywhere from four to 12 such shares could be sold, with no member being able to put together a group to form a majority stake.

Son of a bitch.

Looks I'll have to get used to small market ball in a big city market.

eznark

Banned
Adrian Rosario and Daniel Ray Herrera are the PTBNLs in the K-rod trade

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom