• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
eznark said:
Adrian Rosario and Daniel Ray Herrera are the PTBNLs in the K-rod trade

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Well you have to put in perspective. The Mets literally need to search the couches for spare change.

In response to a question about spending at a level comparable to the Yankees, Alderson said: "We can't spend at will the same way they can spend. And we're not going to attempt to try to do that, at least not over the next several years. Our revenues, basically we've got to get people back in the ballpark to generate the kind of revenues that would be needed to have an even larger payroll. But the fact is, even at $100 million or $110 million, we're still in the upper echelon of payrolls. That ought to allow us plenty of latitude."

Still, Alderson noted that level of payroll can be a challenge when the payroll is concentrated with a handful of players. In the Mets' case, Johan Santana will receive $24 million in 2012, David Wright is owed $15 million and Jason Bay $16 million. That's $55 million for three players before Jose Reyes is even re-signed.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/mets/post/_/id/33530/alderson-on-payroll-free-agency

I can't believe I support this joke of an organization.

eznark

Banned
darkside31337 said:
Well you have to put in perspective.

It's only funny because people here thought Green or Gamel was on the PTBNL list and they get DRH and a 20 year old reliever struggling in A-ball.

oatmeal

Banned
The Frankman said:
Einhorn's deal to buy minority Mets stake is off

62270.gif

My head hurts even worse now...

Finkel IS Einhorn!

Fucker got lucky with four straight walks and then gets caught in a rundown.

I'm done complaining about the guy, I have no more energy to waste on him.

Braves lineup:

1. Bourn - CF
2. Constanza - LF
3. McCann - C
4. Uggla - 2B
5. Jones - 3B
6. Hinske - 1B
7. Heyward - RF
8. Gonzalez - SS
9. Hudson - P

Good to see Prado getting a day off. Dude has totally sucked ass since coming off the DL.

darkside31337 said:
Well you have to put in perspective. The Mets literally need to search the couches for spare change.

In response to a question about spending at a level comparable to the Yankees, Alderson said: "We can't spend at will the same way they can spend. And we're not going to attempt to try to do that, at least not over the next several years. Our revenues, basically we've got to get people back in the ballpark to generate the kind of revenues that would be needed to have an even larger payroll. But the fact is, even at $100 million or $110 million, we're still in the upper echelon of payrolls. That ought to allow us plenty of latitude."

Still, Alderson noted that level of payroll can be a challenge when the payroll is concentrated with a handful of players. In the Mets' case, Johan Santana will receive $24 million in 2012, David Wright is owed $15 million and Jason Bay $16 million. That's $55 million for three players before Jose Reyes is even re-signed.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/mets/post/_/id/33530/alderson-on-payroll-free-agency

I can't believe I support this joke of an organization.
Maybe we should get Bonilla, Saberhagen, and Glavine to come back and play since they are being paid anyways.

LJ11

eznark said:
It's only funny because people here thought Green or Gamel was on the PTBNL list and they get DRH and a 20 year old reliever struggling in A-ball.

People here equals one person.

turnbuckle

Just got done getting root canal and wtf royals! I should ve asked for some percocet to deal with the pain of this mess of a game

Malo

Banned
Yankees lineup :

Derek Jeter SS
Curtis Granderson CF
Mark Teixeira 1B
Robinson Cano 2B
Nick Swisher RF
Andruw Jones LF
Jesus Montero DH
Russell Martin C
Eduardo Nunez 3B

About time Montero got called up. Hopefully he does well.

eznark

Banned
LJ11 said:
People here equals one person.

He may be annoying but he is still a person, LJ. And remember, he heard that from reliable sources on the radio, so clearly more than one person (to be fair, there was real anxiety in Brewer land among fools that it might be Green as well).

AnEternalEnigma said:
Braves lineup:

1. Bourn - CF
2. Constanza - LF
3. McCann - C
4. Uggla - 2B
5. Jones - 3B
6. Hinske - 1B
7. Heyward - RF
8. Gonzalez - SS
9. Hudson - P

Good to see Prado getting a day off. Dude has totally sucked ass since coming off the DL.

Gonzalez is the weak link. Yeah, it doesn't seem like Prado has been consistent in getting a hit when runners are on base. It's either a fielders choice or a double play, but not as bad as AG who's just worthless in those situations.

As a Braves fan, I would love it if the Diamondbacks overtook the Brewers in W/L column. I would much rather the Braves face the D-Backs in the first round than the Brewers.

AnEternalEnigma said:
As a Braves fan, I would love it if the Diamondbacks overtook the Brewers in W/L column. I would much rather the Braves face the D-Backs in the first round than the Brewers.

You'd still have to play us after we sweep the Phillies.

SuperMalo said:
Yankees lineup :

Derek Jeter SS
Curtis Granderson CF
Mark Teixeira 1B
Robinson Cano 2B
Nick Swisher RF
Andruw Jones LF
Jesus Montero DH
Russell Martin C
Eduardo Nunez 3B

About time Montero got called up. Hopefully he does well.

OMG, I cannot wait to see our lord and savior tattoo Lester tonight.
Montero's legend begins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom