• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaskoX1

Banned
Square Triangle said:
Tigers with an insane comeback. So happy to see them grind it out lately.
Detroit's pickups of Betemit and D. Young were genius by their FO.

Our pickups were mediocre at best as most are.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
He's also been the best player in baseball for the "second half" (technically it's a third but whatever) of the season.

Of course he was one of the worst regulars for the first half.

He really should win comeback player of the year.

JaskoX1 said:
Detroit's pickups of Betemit and D. Young were genius by their FO.

Our pickups were mediocre at best as most are.
Oh and so far Doug Fister too. He's three great start with a perfect game going into the 7th iirc. I doubted the Tigers on these pick ups at first as anyone did but fuck am I very happy with my team right now.

JaskoX1

Banned
Manny Acta is without a doubt manager of the year.

The fact that we're still in a race is amazing. There is hardly any batting power--take your pick of guys who should be in minors--or out of MLB--on the roster. tThere has been zilch added in payroll to complement.

If we lose this game to the fucking Royals, I'll be pissed. Must say though, KC - you guys have some great fans. Showing up 20k+ the other night when your team is at the bottom every year. Impressive.

JaskoX1 said:
Manny Acta is without a doubt manager of the year.

The fact that we're still in a race is amazing. There is hardly any batting power--take your pick of guys who should be in minors--or out of MLB--on the roster. tThere has been zilch added in payroll to complement.

If we lose this game to the fucking Royals, I'll be pissed. Must say though, KC - you guys have some great fans. Showing up 20k+ the other night when your team is at the bottom every year. Impressive.
And the future looks bright, that system is loaded. Look at the starting infield right now. Royals will get closer to competing in this league. Plus, not too hard in that division.
I would like to see Acta get the award.

Sharp said:
When Ian Desmond and Tom Milone are hitting home runs off you, maybe steroids aren't the culprit.
I've brought up Bernadina's sudden increase in muscle mass since before Gee was called up. Stop deflecting.

JaskoX1

Banned
Dmncnby2k9 said:
And the future looks bright, that system is loaded. Look at the starting infield right now. Royals will get closer to competing in this league. Plus, not too hard in that division.
I would like to see Acta get the award.
It's sad to see teams like KC have to give away their players because they can't pay them.

I've been saying every year beginning in 2003 that the Tribe would finally escape the "re-building process) and take a leap forward. 07' was a fluke.

Sharp

It's entirely possible that Bernadina is roiding, but just saying... I could probably hit one out of the park off Gee tonight.

Sharp said:
It's entirely possible that Bernadina is roiding, but just saying... I could probably hit one out of the park off Gee tonight.
Point taken. One adjustment this dude needs to make besides stamina next year is to trust his pitches. How can he have such control with his 2 seamer/curve and ok slider yet he spams changeup and high fastball? Makes no sense. He doesn't throw 93, mix it up like you were doing earlier in the year.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
clemenx said:
I say trade Heyward to the Mets!

I wouldn't trade Ryan Church for him. No thanks.

Fun side note of the night, Reds prospect Billy Hamilton in low-A stole his 98th, 99th and 100th SB of the season tonight. 100 SB (out of 120 tries) in 134 games. Crazy speed.

CygnusXS said:
You cannot possibly be serious.

They both suck ass, but Gonzalez has been hitting way better than him lately. Gonzalez has also miraculously been drawing walks lately. All Heyward's done is embarass himself further.

Sharp

darkside31337 said:
I wouldn't trade Ryan Church for him. No thanks.

Fun side note of the night, Reds prospect Billy Hamilton in low-A stole his 98th, 99th and 100th SB of the season tonight. 100 SB (out of 120 tries) in 134 games. Crazy speed.
He must try to steal literally almost every time he gets on base.

Just woke up, and I am becoming more and more impressed with Taylor Green. Dude is legit.

Also, Kameron Loe apparently just hit for himself. I cannot remember the last time a Brewers reliever batted.

Plus Counsell homered! This game has everything!

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Congrats to George Kottaras, third Brewers catcher to hit for the cycle. Also thanks Chase field for being ridiculous!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom