• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
HOLY SHIT ARE YOU HIGH TERRY COLLINS? YOU'RE GOING THE WALK BERNADINA TO LOAD THE BASES FOR RYAN ZIMMERMAN??

OMG SEPTEMBER BASEBALL AND A CHALLENGE SITUATION.

that's some horrible luck there. Shattered his bat and a blooper kills him.

Although you wonder why Pridie wasn't playing RF there. Oh yeah, CHALLENGE.

The Frankman said:
that's some horrible luck there. Shattered his bat and a blooper kills him.

Although you wonder why Pridie wasn't playing RF there. Oh yeah, CHALLENGE.
oh yeah the mets lost because of luck. yeah, that's it

CajoleJuice said:
oh yeah the mets lost because of luck. yeah, that's it
Did I say that? No. I said right there, generally you shatter a bat you take the power out of the batters' hands. Unless you are saying Zimmerman knew Duda was playing too deep and strategically broke his bat so he'd hit one shallow enough to fall in.

/sarcasm

Doytch

I've now seen Mestball live and in person.

Natinals Park Review
Pros: $5 Pilsner Urquell. This is really all you need to know.
Cons: WHere the shit is the Expos stuff?? "The Washington Nationals salute Mickey Mantle" "The Washington Nationals salute Ted Williams." Wha tthe fuck? what kind of a half-assed org salutes players FROM OTHER TEAMS? And YOU WEREN"T THE SENATORS. Salute Andre Dawson and Gary Carter you dipshits.

Oh and the Natinal fans clapping like mad for Milone after he pitches to a 9.00 ERA and just before Pudge grounds into an inning- and rally-killing double-play were fantastic.

Sharp

No one in DC cares about the Expos, we will co-opt Senators history instead. And Davey took out Milone super early for no reason.

Sharp

Doytch said:
Dude you ave more murals of Micky Mantle and Ted Williams than any Senators player.
Well yeah, the Senators kinda sucked soooo

But seriously that is one of the complaints Nats fans have with the park.

Doytch

I didn't eat any of the ballpark good either. I had some wings at some bar called Jason's, or J-something on 1st st. Gonna review the shit out of their food during Monday's game. Though the hotdogs looked anemic as all get out.

Sharp

Doytch said:
I didn't eat any of the ballpark good either. I had some wings at some bar called Jason's, or J-something on 1st st. Gonna review the shit out of their food during Monday's game. Though the hotdogs looked anemic as all get out.
Yeah, don't get the hot dogs. Get a burger from Shake Shack or something.

JaskoX1

Banned
Square Triangle said:
He can still be clutch but really.. what did you expect?
Nothing I guess. Dumb acquisition.

Hard to root for that hillbilly mercenary as he stands in the batters box with that dumb stare.

Sanjuro

JaskoX1 said:

Hard to root for that hillbilly mercenary as he stands in the batters box with that dumb stare.
chipper.gif

hemtae

JaskoX1 said:

Weren't you the one trying to downplay his 600th homer?

JaskoX1

Banned
hemtae said:
Weren't you the one trying to downplay his 600th homer?
It's been painful to watch Thome hobble from team to team since 07'.

A stop gap of production. Id rather have two Shelley Duncan's.

On this day In some forgotten universe, Pedro Martinez and Randy Johnson each throw two perfect games against the New York Highlanders to win the 1994 World Series.

Dragon

Banned
JaskoX1 said:

Wait people actually dislike Jim Thome? He's so ... nondescript and boring. Why bother?

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
TheBranca18 said:
Wait people actually dislike Jim Thome? He's so ... nondescript and boring. Why bother?
I think it's pretty much impossible to dislike big Jim. He's country strong.

Jasko has basically acted like a shit head in this thread all year, so I expect nothing less from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom