• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluemax

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:
rembrandt-01.jpg

Sliders, nice.

eznark

Banned
Heading to San Diego for a week tomorrow. Planning on going to Petco on Wednesday. Any suggestions for seating?

....Do we even have any Padres fans?

Weren't you the one trying to downplay his 600th homer?

Nope, that was a Cleveland "fan." I think that was his only MLB-gaf post.

beast786

The Real Napsta said:
So who watched the Tiger/White Sox game last night?

So sweet. Just so sweet.

I was listening the chicago radio broadcast. You could feel the pain. They even went on commercial before the ball landed.

So sweet.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I don't think there's a better, more entertaining announcing trio than Michael Kay, Ken Singleton, and Paul O'Neall. Such great chemistry between the three of them.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
so i guess Fredi basically conceded defeat with this game vs Kershaw with the lineup he put out today. now watch us win it. lol.

edit: also, Uggla at 2nd and Wilson at 3rd...someone tell fredi that the most important postitions are up the middle and uggla is terrible. (i hope they move uggla to LF next season)

Fenix

Yankee Stadium in a nutshell:
A-Rod gets jammed, hits a weak flyball
Curses that he missed a good pitch to hit
It's a HR!

JABEE

Fans that interfere with a play should be permanently banned from the sitting in the first three rows. Can you use replay to call fan interference on a double?

Edit: nevermind, you can use replay for that?

JABEE said:
Fans that interfere with a play should be permanently banned from the sitting in the first three rows. Can you use replay to call fan interference on a double?

Edit: nevermind, you can use replay for that?

No you can only review plays involving homeruns, and no one thought that was a homerun. The umps got the call right, and yet they were totally wrong.

JABEE

yankeehater said:
No you can only review plays involving homeruns, and no one thought that was a homerun. The umps got the call right, and yet they were totally wrong.
They may have to replay the game. Too bad Joe Torre is reviewing the game.

Edit: Fans kicked out!

Sharp

The Frankman said:
It's amazing watching Pelfrey throw 7-8 pitches each batter and not throw inside once. Sandy, please let this guy walk in arbitration.
FP says he doesn't have an out pitch. Would you agree with that assessment?

JABEE

yankeehater said:
It is such bullshit that the Phils might lose because of that. I hope that the commish does something to the umps.
This game is in Joe Torre's hands now. I'm not confident.

Sharp said:
FP says he doesn't have an out pitch. Would you agree with that assessment?
FP? dunno what that is.

He hasn't had an out pitch for 4 years, then he had that stretch last year where people hadn't figured out his split. As every Met fan here knows, he throws 93-95 but doesn't miss bats, he nibbles too much, he doesn't throw inside enough, he doesn't throw the sinker enough, and at the first sign of trouble too many times he loses focus.

EDIT: This 5th inning is Pelfrey in a nutshell. Werth made him throw 9 pitches, and immediately stole 2nd. Pelfrey was dead after that body language-wise.

Jayson Werth is trying to troll people. Lucas Duda just hit one in the 2nd deck and Werth made like he was going to rob him of a homer.
Sharp said:
Why can't we seem to get Duda out
That is why Mets may entertain ideas of making him a starting OF. Dude somehow makes contact on tough pitches vs. lefty and righties and still can hit them with authority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom