• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
CajoleJuice said:
I actually thought about this after I typed that last post. I don't know how I feel about a closer who strikes out less than 6 per 9, though.
He has sick movement on his pitches, and the tools are there for him to succeed. He has a good sinker, an excellent change and a good "slurve". Plus he induces ground balls, his only bugaboo is command the last 2 months.

And as I type that he hits Dominguez.

The Frankman said:
He has sick movement on his pitches, and the tools are there for him to succeed. He has a good sinker, an excellent change and a good "slurve". Plus he induces ground balls, his only bugaboo is command the last 2 months.

And as I type that he hits Dominguez.
hahahaha

sangreal

The Frankman said:
Should've never fucking started the game. Four hours and you start the game? Classy job there Yankee organization...
Thanks to the fucking O's we don't have any off days left to schedule it on. We still have an unscheduled DH against the Rays too, and tomorrow it will probably still be raining

The Frankman said:
Should've never fucking started the game. Four hours and you start the game? Classy job there Yankee organization...

Is this a troll? It has got to be a troll. The umps and B' more are Illuminati in this situation.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
The Frankman said:

Uh, what? Joe publicly stated that he'd prefer to do a doubleheader tomorrow, but Major League Baseball insisted that the game be played TONIGHT. If anyone is to blame it's the MLB.

And the Yankees have already guaranteed everyone who purchased a ticket to tonight's game a free ticket to one future game.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
AnEternalEnigma said:
Holy shit. Giants on the verge of a 9th inning meltdown.

If they cough this one up, this is the backbreaker for their season.
well lucky for them that they were already paralyzed so this won't hurt.

edit: oh its already over

edit2: and yeah the giants have had a lot of injuries but you do have to remember that the only reason the giants got into the postseason last season was because of the padres collapsing, not a recipe for success. So i guess this isn't that surprising. Although i still picked them to win the division at the beginning of the season. Still though, that is a pretty big drop off in offense production from one of the league's worst offenses last season. 93 to 78 wrc+, goddamn

Braves GM Frank Wren laid the law down tonight.

The clubhouse was closed to the press longer than usual after a Braves game as general manager Frank Wren had a discussion with his team. Nobody would discuss what Wren said, but the vibe we got was that it wasn't all too happy. The NL Wild Card-leading Braves still enjoy a 7.5-game lead over the Cardinals and Giants with 21 games left to play, but are now 4-7 in their last 11 games. Thankfully, neither of their opponents have done much to take advantage of their recent woes.

sangreal

fucking emergency test is cutting off my game

edit: then afterwards it cut to someone getting autopsied or something before the game

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
AnEternalEnigma said:
Braves GM Frank Wren laid the law down tonight.
meh considering the giants/cardinals have to go 17-3 if we play .500 ball to catch us, doesn't really bother me that they are playing like shit. As long as we are healthy and rested then i'm happy.

If the cards/giants played .528 ball (11-9) (their season so far) the braves would have to go 4-17 for them to catch us. Anything can happen, but I don't think we have anything to worry about. Maybe Mr. Wren was mad because someone left the toilet seat up or something.

BigAT

LOL at the Yankees lineup for this afternoon:

1. Nunez SS
2. Martin C
3. Swisher RF
4. Rodriguez 3B
5. Jones LF
6. Montero DH
7. Laird 1B
8. Golson CF
9. Pena 2B

Status