• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucius

BigAT said:
LOL at the Yankees lineup for this afternoon:

1. Nunez SS
2. Martin C
3. Swisher RF
4. Rodriguez 3B
5. Jones LF
6. Montero DH
7. Laird 1B
8. Golson CF
9. Pena 2B

Haha, best team ever.

turnbuckle

Verlander's fastball ranging from 89 mph to 98 today. Fist time I've ever seen him throw a fastball that slowly. Seems like teams have been getting to him earlier lately and I'm wondering if he should change his approach a bit and throw a little harder in the early innings.

I dunno, maybe I'm just overreacting :p

---

Goddamn Detroit never quits. Whether we win or lose today I'm feeling really good about our chances come post-season. And we're definitely making the post-season. Feels good man.

---

FUCK YES I LOVE YOU MARTINEZ

turnbuckle

beast786 said:
Wow.

And some wanted dunn instead of Martinez

I know only one person personally who felt that way and I give him shit nearly every single day. That said, if we weren't able to get Martinez I absolutely wanted Dunn to be our regular DH so I can't really say much.

Boesch's surgery was done on this trip in Cleveland and was successful. He's gone for the year but I feel confident in making him our everyday OF for 2012.

jman2050

DHCI9.gif

Oh my god

JaskoX1

Banned
Fuck you Thome. Hope that $2.99 special at Cici's Dolan gave you was worth it.

ToxicAdam said:
You're ridiculous. There was no place for Vmart on the team.
No shit. Dolan wouldn't allow it. And I like how Manny Acta single handily lost this game for us. Finding ways to lose games. Litterally snatching defeat from jaws of victory.

Acta should be fired just for today.

turnbuckle

JaskoX1 said:
Fuck you Thome. Hope that $2.99 special at Cici's Dolan gave you was worth it.

No shit. Dolan wouldn't allow it. And I like how Manny Acta single handily lost this game for us. Finding ways to lose games. Litterally snatching defeat from jaws of victory.

Didn't know the manager had control over misplayed balls in the infield.

ToxicAdam

JaskoX1 said:

Do you post on cleveland.com? You sound silly like the dudes that dwell there.

Swept the White Sox, Indians and hopefully the Twins this week. Gawl damn this feels good =D

Now I can't make extension jokes about Leyland or Dombrowski.

JaskoX1 said:

I have him for AL Manager of the year, you're insane.

turnbuckle

Square Triangle said:
I have him for AL Manager of the year, you're insane.

What that team has been able to do this year when somewhat healthy was impressive, how they've managed to stay relevant up to now after being rocked by injuries makes me think the manager has done more good than bad. Really, that's about all you can ask for. I haven't done any deep analysis on the situation, but I think Acta's done as good as anyone could hope for all things considered.

I'd swap him for Leyland any day.

Anywho, we're close to having the largest divisional lead in baseball. Yeah, lol @ the Central, but with our lineup, our top 3 starters, and if Al Al gets back to 100% we're legit.

Braves lineup:

1. Bourn - CF
2. Prado - LF
3. Jones - 3B
4. McCann - C
5. Uggla - 2B
6. Hinske - 1B
7. Heyward - RF
8. Gonzalez - SS
9. Beachy - P

Freeman needs to be DL'ed until the final week of the season. His quad issue is making him look like Troy Glaus.

sangreal

weekend_warrior said:
fucking bullshit umps are letting the O's pitcher cheat.

If you do it again it's a balk!

*does it again*

strike 3!

strong bs. since when do pitchers get warnings for balks?

An ILLEGAL PITCH is (1) a pitch delivered to the batter when the pitcher does not
have his pivot foot in contact with the pitcher’s plate; (2) a quick return pitch. An illegal
pitch when runners are on base is a balk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom