• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

0rolJ.gif

JABEE

AnEternalEnigma said:
Utley was hit in the head by a breaking ball from O'Flaherty. He was taken out for a possible concussion.
Charlie said he started feeling headaches in the infield. Charle said he talked to him in the training room and seemed okay. I can't see how he'd be seriously concussed. I hope not.

JABEE

The ball was a fastball to the head.

Edit: it looks worse on the replay.
It looke like he said to the Ump "Where did that hit me?"

JABEE said:
The ball was a fastball to the head.

Edit: it looks worse on the replay.
It looke like he said to the Ump "Where did that hit me?"

Was it a fastball? It didn't look very fast. But I haven't seen a replay.

JABEE

AnEternalEnigma said:
Was it a fastball? It didn't look very fast. But I haven't seen a replay.
91 MPH. I hope he isn't really concussed. Ricky Botallico on the Post Game Show was saying Utley looked like he didn't know where he was. I'm not sure about that. Utley doesn't usually show pain when he gets hit though.

Doytch

FrankFrank is hilariously bad.

Yes, we've reached the point of the season where I don't even get angry, I just laugh.

Hey, at least I wasn't there two weeks into the season like Cajole.

Doytch

The funniest part of this win was that Wakefield has been stymied yet again in his quest for the illustrious 200th win. What a non-story.

JABEE said:
91 MPH. I hope he isn't really concussed. Ricky Botallico on the Post Game Show was saying Utley looked like he didn't know where he was. I'm not sure about that. Utley doesn't usually show pain when he gets hit though.

Yeah, he just stood there. The Braves broadcasters said they initially thought the ball hit Utley's bat just because he stood there.

Thankfully, it wasn't a full-on hit. It just kind of glanced off the back of his helmet.

Sanjuro

Doytch said:
The funniest part of this win was that Wakefield has been stymied yet again in his quest for the illustrious 200th win. What a non-story.
A better story than the one this poster is parodying.

ZNEmg.jpg

Sanjuro

Doytch said:
This is like saying iHOP is better than eating your own vomit off the floor in the morning.
IHOP can be delicious in many drunken instances. Either way I love Wake. 200 might not mean too much, but the all time Red Sox wins leader is a pretty damn cool statistic.

Corran Horn said:
Lifelong Yankees/Mets fan reporting in!

http://www.strictlyfitteds.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/zoo-york-x-new-era-subway-series-59fifty-fitted-cap-2.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

The sticker is the perfect touch.

Excited for tomorrow. I've been looking forward to this series with Philly for quite a while. We got this.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
Detroit's resolve in the past week is really unexpected. Since the 2006 World Series they've shown nothing but the proclivity to wilt down the stretch. If they hold on, this will be their first division win since 1987, I believe.

JABEE

sf2fanatic said:
So what happen between Plush and The Machine? Being called Alberta?
I don't understand why he started shouting at him. Did Carpenter do anything? He's probably going to get suspended considering Victorino was suspended two games for charging part of the way and allowing the benches to clear.

sf2fanatic said:
So what happen between Plush and The Machine? Being called Alberta?
Plush cursed out Carpenter, benches cleared and Pujols started walking towards him. Plush then went to twitter and started talking trash lol.
TheRealTPlush Nyjer Morgan - T Dot said:
Alberta couldn't see Plush if she had her gloves on!!! Wat was she thinking running afta Plush!!! She never been n tha ring!!!

eznark

Banned
JABEE said:
I don't understand why he started shouting at him. Did Carpenter do anything? He's probably going to get suspended considering Victorino was suspended two games for charging part of the way and allowing the benches to clear.
He says Carpenter swore at him.

Petco Park.........meh

NYCrooner

Every time I think the BoSox mean business, they go and do things like this. I prey the Yanks have enough pitching to take it but not likely. So the AL is really wide open. Detroit I have a feeling is going to surprise a lot of people.

NYCrooner said:
Every time I think the BoSox mean business, they go and do things like this. I prey the Yanks have enough pitching to take it but not likely. So the AL is really wide open. Detroit I have a feeling is going to surprise a lot of people.

yeah i agree. I really like the rangers, but i don't think they have the strenght to make it again to the WS. Detroit are overachievers i believe, they'll be out in round 1 unless Verlander pitches all 3 games.

beast786

Heart Attack said:
yeah i agree. I really like the rangers, but i don't think they have the strenght to make it again to the WS. Detroit are overachievers i believe, they'll be out in round 1 unless Verlander pitches all 3 games.

How are they over achieving?

They have a Cy candidate. 4 players are batting above .300. Closer has a 42 game save streak.

There is an obvious need for a SP. But in a long MLB season and especially in that ball park where you have to earn your HR. I think they have as good shot as anyone.

Cabby and VM have been super clutch. Both are 1 and 2 when RISP.

beast786 said:
How are they over achieving?

They have a Cy candidate. 4 players are batting above .300. Closer has a 42 game save streak.

There is an obvious need for a SP. But in a long MLB season and especially in that ball park where you have to earn your HR. I think they have as good shot as anyone.

Cabby and VM have been super clutch. Both are 1 and 2 when RISP.
Doug Fister is looking like a solid number 2 so far. That would increase their chances.

turnbuckle

Heart Attack said:

I just don't understand how they are overachieving. Maybe it's surprising to everyone how they've been performing, but I think that's more because of how the team was underachieving (rotation and pen in particular) earlier in the year than playing above their ability now.

Getting Fister really changed the look of this team. Even Betemit and Young, while not great on their own, were modest upgrades that we acquired prior to the team finally breaking out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom