• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AnEternalEnigma said:
I don't understand how MLB demands every player to wear #42 on Jackie Robinson Day, but they won't let the Mets wear NYFD and NYPD hats to commemorate the worst terrorist attack on American soil. Such ass backwards shit.
Wow, this is a really good point.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Well the whole reason they wear alternate uniforms and those hideous hats on memorial day etc.. is for money. I assume if they received money for those NY hats then they would gladly allow it.

Windu said:
Well the whole reason they wear alternate uniforms and those hideous hats on memorial day etc.. is for money. I assume if they received money for those NY hats then they would gladly allow it.
Yeah, I saw someone on Twitter point out the Mets caps with the American flag that are on sale. I just particularly like the Jackie Robinson point because that shit is so ridiculous.

CajoleJuice said:
I rather not
195704_114406561973403_8049826_n.jpg

I want relief pitchers,
in the proper positions,
Mr. Cajole, I'm SORRY I CROSSED THE LINE,
I want Pedro Beato,
to have a chance to close,
Mr. LJ11 I'm SORRY I CROSSED THE LINE...

AnEternalEnigma said:
I don't understand how MLB demands every player to wear #42 on Jackie Robinson Day, but they won't let the Mets wear NYFD and NYPD hats to commemorate the worst terrorist attack on American soil. Such ass backwards shit.

WTF? I always thought that was a tribute to Mo Vaughn!?

eznark

Banned
So today the topic du jour is how "bad" the Brewers are against winning teams. They have zero winning records against teams with winning records. (fixed but butchered grammatically)

What a bizarre worry. There are 6 teams with winning records in the NL. The Brewers are one of them. They split the series with the Cardinals and the Giants. So that leaves 3 teams. 3-4 against AZ, 3-5 against Atlanta, 3-4 against Philly.

That tells us exactly nothing.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
eznark said:
So today the topic du jour is how "bad" the Brewers are against winning teams. They have zero wins against teams with winning records.

What a bizarre worry. There are 6 teams with winning records in the NL. The Brewers are one of them. They split the series with the Cardinals and the Giants. So that leaves 3 teams. 3-4 against AZ, 3-5 against Atlanta, 3-4 against Philly.

That tells us exactly nothing.

Thought you meant they literally had zero wins against teams with winning records.

That would indeed be something to be worried about.

What you actually meant means pretty much nothing at all.

Braves lineup:

1. Bourn - CF
2. Jones - 3B
3. Freeman - 1B
4. Uggla - 2B
5. McCann - C
6. Prado - LF
7. Heyward - RF
8. Gonzalez - SS
9. Beachy - P

This is the first time since McCann came off the DL that Freeman/Uggla are hitting 3/4. Those were their spots in the lineup when they were bashing everything in August.

eznark

Banned
yankeehater said:
There is no chance the Braves miss the playoffs. Thay are way to good of a team for that to happen.

Last three games Cardinals get the Astros. Braves get the Phillies. The Braves better not drop any more games between now and the last series.

I think the Phils will be running their AAA lineup out there at the end of the year if things keep up like they are. Plus the Phils are due to lose a bunch of games to the Braves. The Braves almost always play the Phils really tough.

eznark

Banned
yankeehater said:
I think the Phils will be running their AAA lineup out there at the end of the year if things keep up like they are. Plus the Phils are due to lose a bunch of games to the Braves. The Braves almost always play the Phils really tough.

The lineup doesn't matter if they still start their stable of aces.

yankeehater said:
There is no chance the Braves miss the playoffs. Thay are way to good of a team for that to happen.

The Braves still have 6 games left against the Marlins, who they've destroyed this season even when they weren't playing well. They are 9-3 on the year against the Marlins. They are the team the Braves have handled the best in the NL East. They are 6-9 against the Phillies, 8-7 against the Mets, and 8-7 against the Nationals.

They don't face Vazquez or Sanchez this series and Stanton, Morrison, and Cameron are all hurt.

Then they face the Mets for three. They are only 8-7 against them this year, but they did just sweep the double header.

The only issues would be the three games against the Phillies at the end of the season and the three games in Washington. The Braves always shit the bed in Washington for some reason.

Just the other day Jason Stark was saying that he expects the Phils starters to have really strict innings counts down the stretch if they clinch homefield. I really doubt the Phils have any effect on the Braves playoff run this year.

eznark

Banned
yankeehater said:
Just the other day Jason Stark was saying that he expects the Phils starters to have really strict innings counts down the stretch if they clinch homefield. I really doubt the Phils have any effect on the Braves playoff run this year.

If they lay down, then it affects the Braves since the Cardinals have 4 left against the Phillies. Either way, they screw the Braves!

Sanjuro

CajoleJuice said:
Yeah, I saw someone on Twitter point out the Mets caps with the American flag that are on sale. I just particularly like the Jackie Robinson point because that shit is so ridiculous.
I feel like it's a Larry David argument when I talk about anything pertaining to this. I don't like that Robinson's number is retired throughout baseball and I don't like that every player is forced to wear his jersey number. Same boat with the silly American flag baseball caps they wear now. I think there should be simply a decal or alteration to the uniforms that are available for sale for limited time during the even with proceeds going towards the proper charity. I think more teams should be able to do this such as NYFD or Red Sox with the Jimmy Fund.

On a similar note, I never had a problem with the pink bats.

The Phillies are so damn good, I seriously believe their AAA team in MLB uniforms could split a series with with the Cardinals.

But the Phillies may have some motivation to squash out the Cardinals. As the #1 seed, you don't want a red hot team invading the playoffs and screwing up everyone's mojo. The Braves and Brewers are limping in right now.

AnEternalEnigma said:
The Phillies are so damn good, I seriously believe their AAA team in MLB uniforms could split a series with with the Cardinals.

But the Phillies may have some motivation to squash out the Cardinals. As the #1 seed, you don't want a red hot team invading the playoffs and screwing up everyone's mojo. The Braves and Brewers are limping in right now.

I would take the Cards over the Braves any day. The Braves are a really good team that has fallen on some bad luck. They would be a really tough team to beat in a playoff series. I would take the Cards over any other NL possible playoff team. Their lineup has holes, their pitching is just okay, and their manager does crazy shit just to try and prove how smart he is.

Windu

yankeehater said:
I would take the Cards over the Braves any day. The Braves are a really good team that has fallen on some bad luck. They would be a really tough team to beat in a playoff series. I would take the Cards over any other NL possible playoff team. Their lineup has holes, their pitching is just okay, and their manager does crazy shit just to try and prove how smart he is.
wait, you would or wouldn't? you say you would take them then you point out that the cardinals suck.

Marlins lineup:

1. Bonafacio - RF
2. Infante - 2B
3. Dobbs - LF
4. Sanchez - 1B
5. Buck - C
6. Petersen - CF
7. Murphy - SS
8. Dominguez - 3B
9. Volstad - P

Marlins beat writer said Stanton is not expected to play in this series. Volstad is 0-4 with a 4.60 ERA in his last 5 starts. He's only averaging 2.6 runs of support.

alstein

yankeehater said:

That sounds exactly like the Braves right now.

The 2011 Braves have got to be the worst team with runners in scoring position I've ever seen. Seriously, if you let them get a runner to 2B, you've got them dead.

I guess Fox already predicting whos gonna be in the AL playoffs. Showing Young,Miggy,Grandy, and A Gonz on a commercial segment.

That sucks

Windu

AnEternalEnigma said:
My god the Braves are fucking done.
meh, if the braves miss the playoffs i'll ban myself for the entire offseason. (not going to happen).

eznark

Banned
Windu said:
meh, if the braves miss the playoffs i'll ban myself for the entire offseason. (not going to happen).

I'd much rather the Braves make it than the Cardinals, but man I would love to win a playoff game so...go Cardinals.

AnEternalEnigma said:
As the #1 seed, you don't want a red hot team invading the playoffs and screwing up everyone's mojo. The Braves and Brewers are limping in right now.
2006 proved to me that "backing into the playoffs" means nothing. I'd wouldn't be too worried for the Braves though since the Cards are just teasing fans like myself before collapsing in the final weeks.

eznark said:
I'd much rather the Braves make it than the Cardinals, but man I would love to win a playoff game so...go Cardinals.
Not confident in beating out the D-backs in W-L record? Or are you that afraid of the Braves in the LDS?

AnEternalEnigma said:
TMZ is reporting Manny Ramirez was arrested tonight for domestic violence.

He is currently in custody in Weston, Florida.
Well finally he shows up. Last I heard of him, he was in Spain chilling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom