• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
eznark said:
Why would I be confident in that? It's a half game coin flip at this point.
Because the Brewers have an easier schedule the rest of the way? Not a single opponent above .500. The D-backs still have 3 games against SF and 6 against a resurgent Dodgers team.

eznark

Banned
Little Green Yoda said:
Because the Brewers have an easier schedule the rest of the way? Not a single opponent above .500. The D-backs still have 3 games against SF and 6 against a resurgent Dodgers team.

The Brewers also have Yuni Betencourt. I take nothing for granted (except winning the division).

eznark said:
Comfort us, Mets fan. You are the experts in late season collapses. Help us through these trying times.
Just sit by and wait. Most likely your teams wont choke away the lead, like the fucking Mets. Do not fret. If they do collapse, just forget about all things MLB and turn your attention to the NFL or College Football.

eznark

Banned
lHYGO.gif

beast786

Square Triangle said:
How bout dem Tigers.

Living in Chicago. It is so much fun for what they have done to Wsox the bast 4 games.

The city pretty much guaranteed a division after Dunn. Just a few weeks ago they still thought Wsox will blew by ind/tig.

So sweet.

carlos

AnEternalEnigma said:
The 2011 Braves have got to be the worst team with runners in scoring position I've ever seen. Seriously, if you let them get a runner to 2B, you've got them dead.

So very true, I don't think we've even seen the offense really get going at all this year (a week or so in july or something like that doesn't count). Nobody is held accountable :(

I've stopped watching games for a while now, and have no hopes of them even getting past the division series.

Should've traded Prado and JJ while they still had value..oh well, at least their arbitration raises won't be so high :/

Only positive is that Heyward has looked somewhat better lately, even if he has become a singles hitter; hopefully Constanzas ankle injury is what caused him to slump.

Braves have played over 50 one run games, I believe; no doubt that stress on the BP and SP is what has caused this pitching collapse.

eznark

Banned
bigtroyjon said:
It was a thrilling ride while it lasted but the no-no is broken up in the top of the third.

It's heartbreaking to get so close. He's still young though, plenty more opportunities.

Braves are done. They are beyond pathetic. 3-for-20 with RISP. They got the lead-off man on in the last four innings and didn't score them to win the game. I have no idea how the hitting coach has kept his job all season.

Sanjuro

Doytch said:
Three back, Sanjuro.
We are dealing with much more important issues.

Manny, why did you slap your wife in the face?

ESPN said:
Ramirez, 39, and his wife were arguing in their bedroom when he slapped her face, causing her to hit her head on their bed's headboard, according to a police report. She told the deputy she was afraid the situation would escalate and called police.

Ramirez denied hitting his wife, according to the report, telling a deputy she hit her head after he "shrugged" her. Ramirez's wife had injuries consistent with her story, but did not want medical treatment.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/6...anny-ramirez-arrested-florida-battery-charges

uCuLP.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom