• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VRMN

9998003-large.jpg

And there it is. Well, it was a nice run while it lasted.

Glad the Braves are finally scoring runs.

I'm still not sold though since all 6 runs were scored on home runs. They're still having major problems manufacturing runs. They're going to need that in the playoffs.

Cardinals hold on to win it thanks to the Pirates being the Pirates.

Pirates got their first two guys on against Motte, but Ciriaco messed up a sac bunt and Rodriguez was thrown out at 3rd. Walker GIDP'd to end it.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
AnEternalEnigma said:
Cardinals hold on to win it thanks to the Pirates being the Pirates.

Pirates got their first two guys on against Motte, but Ciriaco messed up a sac bunt and Rodriguez was thrown out at 3rd. Walker GIDP'd to end it.
bunting two runs down lol.

hemtae

And thats 200 for Wakefield and a 4 game lead for the Red Sox with 15 left to play

I feel more comfortable with that

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
verbum said:
Yea! The Braves are on a winning streak. Time to tone down the Panic sign, Windu.
I never toned it up.
If the Brewers lose again, the Cardinals will be only 5.5 back in the NL Central.
uh oh, if the cardinals go like 13-1 the the brewers might actually have to play .500 baseball the rest of the way. Doomed

Is it stupid to ever expect anything aside from Burnett melting down?

Like, ever?

I don't think I've ever seen a pitcher lose so much efficacy due to a mild loss in velocity.

...then again, I suppose AJ Burnett never had much efficacy in the first place. :x

eznark

Banned
Square Triangle said:
I seriously wish I could watch the Brew Crew more than just what MLBN shows. That team is exciting as hell to watch. Might have to get MLB.tv next season.
I'm hoping Brewers -Cardinals replace all those shitty Cubs/Cards games on ESPN.

Soon, the pretender Trevor Hoffman will be erased from historical relevance, and Mariano Rivera - the one true reliever, the greatest reliever in the history of time and space - will stand on top of all relievers where he belongs.

captmcblack said:
Soon, the pretender Trevor Hoffman will be erased from historical relevance, and Mariano Rivera - the one true reliever, the greatest reliever in the history of time and space - will stand on top of all relievers where he belongs.

Torn elbow ligament in his next save chance confirmed.

ToxicAdam

Has anyone ever seen stats that correlate how you play in September dictates how you do in the playoffs?

I looked back over the past 8 World Series matchups and noticed that only 3 teams had a losing record in September (09 TB, 06 Det, 06 Stl). Whereas 11 (of 16) teams had 17 wins or more in the month of September.

I guess I would need to blow it out and look at the September performance of all the playoff teams and try to draw a correlation from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom