• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like K-Rod is now bitching about the Brewers not using him as a closer.

Rodriguez first told CBSSports.com on Tuesday night that he was no longer happy with his role, and was even more pointed on Wednesday.

"I'm not happy. That's the bottom line for me," Rodriguez said. "They told me one thing; they haven't done it, and I stand by what I said."

Oh my god Hamilton. Uh I believe ccarpet had a promotion where if Josh hit a grand slam this month anyone who ordered carpet before it happened got their order free...

Uh... Lol

Doytch

Sickels said:
I voted for Brett Lawrie over Mike Trout [in a poll on the site] by the way. I have seen both in person in the minors several times, and I love both of them. Both of them are Grade A prospects. But as much as I love Trout, I can't get that Lawrie performance I saw in Omaha back in May out of my mind. I think he's going to be better-than-fine with the glove, and while some growing pains are likely at some point, his bat is not a fluke. He has terrific bat speed, controls the strike zone reasonably well, and is underrated athlete. It's very close, but if I could pick one or the other, I think I would take Lawrie right now.
Unf unf unf.

eznark

Banned
Roenicke announced today that KRod would be the closer tonight since Axford pitched two innings yesterday.

Marcum is punishing him for mouthing off like a pouty bitch.

Sharp

Clippard is really fun to watch when he's on. I still kinda want to try him out as a starter again, even though I know he sucked before he went to the pen.

Edit: Nats win! Tied for third with the lolMets.

Maxim726X

Sharp said:
Clippard is really fun to watch when he's on. I still kinda want to try him out as a starter again, even though I know he sucked before he went to the pen.

Edit: Nats win! Tied for third with the lolMets.

Finding good BP help is hard to do... Ask the NY Mess. Don't mess with a good thing.

JaskoX1 said:
Does Texas always play Johnny Cash between innings and batters?

They seem to play ring of fire whenever the opposing pitcher is in trouble and either gets taken out or the pitching coach comes out for a conference.

Seems Prince Fielder told TBS this was probably his last year with the Brewers.

"I'm signed for this year, but being real about it, it is probably the last year."

Way to shit all over the goodwill of this season, dickhead.

eznark

Banned
AnEternalEnigma said:
Seems Prince Fielder told TBS this was probably his last year with the Brewers.

Way to shit all over the goodwill of this season, dickhead.

Wait...what? How is that shitting all over the season? He wasn't saying it to be an ass, he answered a question. According to people in the room, there was no maliciousness and he was referring to the economics of the situation not his desire to go somewhere else. But hey, who cares about context!

Funny enough, he said the same thing last year when everyone assumed he would be traded. The organization thought so too and went so far as to remove him in the 7th inning of the last home game so he could get a standing ovation as he walked off the field.

Exactly 0 people in Milwaukee expect Fielder to be back. It would be completely illogical.

I know, but it's still not something you just say like that.

Brewers fans probably know it, but they don't want to hear that kind of stuff right now.

eznark

Banned
AnEternalEnigma said:
I know, but it's still not something you just say like that.

Brewers fans probably know it, but they don't want to hear that kind of stuff right now.

Brewers fans are nonplussed. The national media will try to make it a big deal though.

Puddles said:
The Brewers can't pony up any cash for their 2nd best player?
Without pitching, a slugging first basemen who is abysmal in the field is a meaningless luxury. A $20million/year slugging first basemen who is abysmal in the field is an organizational death sentence.

Puddles

Banned
I missed it, did Kershaw tweak something? Why the hell do you take him out of the game after 5 scoreless innings and 63 pitches on a night when his closest competitor for the Cy Young just pitched a shutout?

clemenx

Banned
Jack McKeon is awesome

http://www.baseballthinkfactory.org..._nolasco_after_loss_to_braves/#When:02:37:49Z
“You can’t give those guys mediocre sliders down the middle of the plate. With two strikes with Gonzo, throw the ball a foot outside or a foot over his head and he’ll swing at it. … I guess that’s why you’re 10-11 and not a 20-game winner. You have to concentrate. You have to make the pitches. Sooner or later, you’re in the big leagues four or five years, you have to be better than that.”

I missed it, did Kershaw tweak something? Why the hell do you take him out of the game after 5 scoreless innings and 63 pitches on a night when his closest competitor for the Cy Young just pitched a shutout?

He got ejected, it seems.

Puddles said:

He got ejected for hitting Parra.

eznark

Banned
“I’m signed for this year, but being real about it, it is probably the last year,” Fielder said in an interview that airs at noon CT on Sunday on TBS MLB on Deck.

Talking about teammate Ryan Braun, Fielder said, “It’s been great, unfortunately, this is probably the last year of the one-two punch. … But I think it’s been good, [five] years, him and me. Hopefully, we can go out with a blast.”

Braun was asked about Fielder’s future, too.

“This game we play is a job, it’s a profession,” Braun said. “Sometimes I think we lose sight of that, which is a good thing. But there’s always a business side. Everybody has to do what is in their best interest. The best interest of their family. Guys earn a right to become free agents. You never know what’s going to happen when you get there.

“But for him, I couldn’t see why every team in baseball wouldn’t want him on their team. Certainly, he will get some huge offers in the offseason. So for us right now, we are just trying to enjoy while we’re together, enjoy the fact that he’s still a member of the Milwaukee Brewers and accomplish as much as we can this year.”

How ESPN will report it:

BREWERS CLUBHOUSE COLLAPSE!!!!!

Fielder: "I'm signed for this year...being real...it is...last year. ...Fortunately this is the last year...him and me. Hopefully we..go"

Braun responded: "I couldn't see why every team in baseball would...want him on their team."

Meier

LOS ANGELES -- Los Angeles Dodgers left-hander Clayton Kershaw was ejected from Wednesday night's game after hitting Arizona Diamondbacks left fielder Gerardo Parra on the right elbow to begin the top of the sixth inning, something plate umpire Bill Welke clearly felt was a carry-over from an incident in the previous night's game.

Following a short on-field argument with Welke and crew chief Tim Tschida, Dodgers manager Don Mattingly also was ejected.

At the time of his ejection, Kershaw had dominated the Diamondbacks through five innings, holding them to a one-out double by Parra in the second inning. The Dodgers led 2-0.

Kershaw was spotted shouting toward the Diamondbacks' dugout, and trading words with Diamondbacks third base coach Matt Williams, after Parra showboated on his seventh-inning home run in Arizona's 5-4 victory on Tuesday night. Parra was reacting to a pitch at his head by Dodgers reliever Hong-Chih Kuo, who has battled wildness this season and even went onto the disabled list for six weeks because of it. Parra's homer came later in that at-bat.
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/...ed-hitting-arizona-diamondbacks-gerardo-parra

Man, that's some bullshit. How do you toss a guy with a 1 hitter who is absolutely cruising? The pen better not blow his lead.. ugh.

Meier

Jangocube said:
Kershaw said he was going after him pretty much, so it was deserved. Dude was throwing a 1 hitter through 5 as well. Such a shame.
Meh, the guy deserved it for showboating. Throwing at someone is part of the game.

Jangocube

Banned
Meier said:
Meh, the guy deserved it for showboating. Throwing at someone is part of the game.

I don't like Parra, but he had a ball thrown directly at his face about 3 pitches before he showboated. I think he had every right to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom