• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Braves have only faced Halladay once this year (I think) and they beat him 3-2. It's amazing how they've avoided Halladay all year in 15 games.

Meier

The first perfect game in American League history was thrown by a pitcher who ended it with a taunt, defending his teammates against an insult, screaming at the final batter, "How do you like that, you hayseed?"

The year was 1904, and the pitcher was Cy Young.
Kershaw could have played it safe and finished the game and nobody would have blamed him. But Kershaw obviously couldn’t forget the previous night, when Parra was angered by an inside pitch from Hong-Chih Kuo in the seventh inning, and then taunted the Dodgers with gestures both before and after his ensuing home run.

The Dodgers found this particularly insulting because Kuo has spent this season suffering from an unexplainable wildness known as "Steve Blass disease." It’s difficult to throw at a batter when you have no idea where the ball is going. It is no secret that Kuo has sought psychological help for his condition. It should have been no secret to Parra that Kuo was clearly not throwing at him.
It didn’t matter. Parra acted like a punk. The players on both benches barked at each other. Nobody barked louder than Kershaw, who could be seen yelling, "We’ll find out ... we’ll find out ... let’s go!"

On Wednesday night, we found out. The kid has toughness to go with his greatness, leadership to match his skill.
On a night he lost a fastball, Clayton Kershaw won an award, captured a clubhouse and asked a very pointed question of an Arizona hayseed.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2011/09/bill-plaschke-clayton-kershaw-cy-young.html

hemtae

AnEternalEnigma said:
The Braves have only faced Halladay once this year (I think) and they beat him 3-2. It's amazing how they've avoided Halladay all year in 15 games.

Twice

Braves won 3-2 the first time and the Phillies won 3-2 the second time

beast786

Meier said:

I am sorry , but what a retarded article.

I hate this pitcher throwing a ball because the feelings are hurt. What a freaking cry babies. It is a freaking harm with a deadly weapon.

I also dont understand why its ok to do it because someone did it in 1904. Stupid reasoning.

He is just pissed because one team is going to the playoffs and the other will rot.

What a douche.

clemenx

Banned
The article is retarded because Kershaw has gone toe to toe with the best pitcher on this generation and you can argue that has outperformed him.

But he's cy young because he threw the ball at a dude. Come on.

beast786

clemenx said:
The article is retarded because Kershaw has gone toe to toe with the best pitcher on this generation and you can argue that has outperformed him.

But he's cy young because he threw the ball at a dude. Come on.

True.

rc213

That article is retarded because it's Plaschke.

And Parra deserved to take one on the helmet for his shit the previous game. How can you be mad when Kuo, A pitcher who has been battling his control all year throws an inside pitch.

Doomsayer said:
I was at the game Tuesday and seen Kershaw yelling at Parra and said to a buddy "that's a leader."

Kershaw is going to be a great pitcher for so long. Sadly though, I think last night took him out of the running for the Cy Young award.

Kennedy got rocked that day u went to the game so he is out too right? I give it to Lee if Kersh doesnt win

Have you guys seen the new MLB playoff hats they are selling this year? I am not so sure I like them. I was on the mlb site because I have picked up a new hat each year that the Phils have made the playoffs but I think I will skip this one, maybe if they win the WS those hats will look better.

pMLB2-11203690dt.jpg

yankeehater said:
Have you guys seen the new MLB playoff hats they are selling this year? I am not so sure I like them. I was on the mlb site because I have picked up a new hat each year that the Phils have made the playoffs but I think I will skip this one, maybe if they win the WS those hats will look better.

pMLB2-11203690dt.jpg

That hat looks like a 90's NBA snap-back.

Doomsayer

sf2fanatic said:
Kennedy got rocked that day u went to the game so he is out too right? I give it to Lee if Kersh doesnt win

We should've won that game. The first inning was a beauty for the Dodgers offense. Then it really went to shit.

Doytch

Mitch Williams just said on MLB Network that the Tigers winning it all is destiny because the ball made sparks off Avila's mask, and Tigers have Sparky [Anderson] written on their sleeves.

Joe Carter must've really fucked him up.

Doytch

clemenx said:
So all it takes to win a WS is sacrifice an ex-manager? Nice.
That must've been hilarious to hear.
He was dead serious about it too. WTF moments have been plentiful, last night's impromptu HR derby between him, Kevin Millar and some other dude was just as fucked. No idea what they're smoking at MLBN.

Doytch said:
Mitch Williams just said on MLB Network that the Tigers winning it all is destiny because the ball made sparks off Avila's mask, and Tigers have Sparky [Anderson] written on their sleeves.

Joe Carter must've really fucked him up.
Lol Mitch Williams crazy.

Puddles

Banned
rc213 said:
That article is retarded because it's Plaschke.

And Parra deserved to take one on the helmet for his shit the previous game. How can you be mad when Kuo, A pitcher who has been battling his control all year throws an inside pitch.

I don't see how you eject a pitcher for hitting a guy on the elbow. That shouldn't ever happen. Helmet or bust.

Puddles said:
I don't see how you eject a pitcher for hitting a guy on the elbow. That shouldn't ever happen. Helmet or bust.

What if a pitcher throws at a guys head, but he ducks out of the way and gets hit on the elbow?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
clemenx said:
Woo Rays!
Now everyone blames Scutaro

Yep!

Blame the guy with a runner going across him with a bat flying across the infield directly above the baseball and his third baseman bailing out and half-assing it for some backup with the ball still making it to the outfield instead of blaming the starting pitcher who proceeded to give up a 3 run jack.

Sounds about right.

darkside31337 said:
Yep!

Blame the guy with a runner going across him with a bat flying across the infield directly above the baseball and his third baseman bailing out and half-assing it for some backup with the ball still making it to the outfield instead of blaming the starting pitcher who proceeded to give up a 3 run jack.

Sounds about right.

u mad bro?

Doytch

darkside31337 said:
Yep!

Sounds about right.
He gahta play hahdeh!

clemenx

Banned
darkside31337 said:
Yep!

Sounds about right.

Twitter is hilarious:
if we don't come back this loss is on Scutaro!! that was not playoff caliber baseball
Scutaro elects for four runs over a bruised ankle in the biggest game of the year... #MuddyChicken is disgusted!
Worst play I've ever seen by a major leaguer...Scutaro leapfrogging the ball as a run scores. Gotta keep that ball in infield!! #redsox
#scutaro just made his pussy hairier... ruining our postseason hopes

Doytch

Joe Shlabotnik said:
Jeter would have taken it and left the bat in his shin for the rest of the game. And then he would have hit a walk-off home run with his shin-bat.
Not sure he would've reached it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom