• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They really need to change the start times for these west coast games to better accommodate us east coasters, this is ridiculous. Fuck the west coast, they suck, they wouldn't even smell the playoffs if they weren't in a separate division. West coast baseball can fuck off.

sangreal

weekend_warrior said:
They really need to change the start times for these west coast games to better accommodate us east coasters, this is ridiculous. Fuck the west coast, they suck, they wouldn't even smell the playoffs if they weren't in a separate division. West coast baseball can fuck off.

Agreed, but I feel worse for the players who get to take the red eye to Toronto so that ESPN can have a shitty 10PM west coast game.

rc213

weekend_warrior said:
Someone call the waaaaaaambulance.

Nube win, Kershaw never should've been tossed. punk ass ump!

Doomsayer

rc213 said:
Someone call the waaaaaaambulance.

Nube win, Kershaw never should've been tossed. punk ass ump!

Fuck that ump. What a way to totally blow Kershaw's chance at any player on the Dodgers winning something meaningful this season.

Fuck that asshole Parra for showboating like a cunt as well. Kuo is a terrible pitcher with no control, why would he be headhunting some scrub like Parra?

LOLBEISBOL

Any team that trades away Alex Rodriguez, Randy Johnson, and Ken Griffey Jr. within a 2 year span should be contracted. They're like the Pirates of the west coast, which makes them even worse then the Pirates.

weekend_warrior said:
Any team that trades away Alex Rodriguez, Randy Johnson, and Ken Griffey Jr. within a 2 year span should be contracted. They're like the Pirates of the west coast, which makes them even worse then the Pirates.
Yet they won 116 games the third year...

Playoff Odds update at the end of play on September 14:

Code:
AMERICAN LEAGUE

Tigers  -- 100%
Yankees -- 99.8%
Red Sox -- 93.2%
Rangers -- 89.2%
Angels  -- 13.0%
Rays    -- 4.8%

NATIONAL LEAGUE

Phillies     -- 100% (clinched playoff berth today)
Diamondbacks -- 99.7%
Brewers      -- 99.1%
Braves       -- 96.2%
Cardinals    -- 4.3%
Giants       -- 0.7%

MATHEMATICAL ELIMINATIONS
-- Mets, NL Wild Card
-- Nationals, NL Wild Card

Jangocube

Banned
weekend_warrior said:

I............actually agree.

Hate staying up till 2am to watch the Yankees lose all the time =(

Malo

Banned
clemenx said:
Why the fuck are Yankee fans so mad?
Because we're terrible in extra innings :/

weekend_warrior said:
If they were 7-7 in those games, they'd have the division and hfa through the ALCS wrapped up. Yankees need to pray they don't play extra inning games in October.

clemenx

Banned
I just realized that I've barely used my MLB TV on September. Between the Mets being completely unwatchable and the lack of races, those fuckers have gotten a free month of payment.

ConradCervantes said:
Nineteen wins for Kershaw. I'm pulling for ya, buddy!

But seriously, throwing at that guy was stupid.

The pitch to Kemp look worse than the Kersh pitch.

Have west coast time start at 5pm Pacific with shadows? WTF? :jnc
Be a trooper and stay up or tap a nap before the game starts..:)

Meier

Interesting stat I just read in the comments section on ESPN..

"Roy Halladay has had a very good year but he's actually only made six starts against winning teams and has a record of 1-3 against those teams."

Meier said:

"Roy Halladay has had a very good year but he's actually only made six starts against winning teams and has a record of 1-3 against those teams."

Man you know your team is having a shitty year when end of season awards are all you have to get excited about.

turnbuckle

beast786 said:
Magic number is 2.

Lets do it today.

Scherzer's allowed 2 or fewer runs in 4 of his last five games.

He's due for a line of:
3.1 IP, 88 pitches
4BB
8 hits
7 Earned Runs

Which would put us right in line for win #13 lol

Meier said:

Feel like this is either wrong or disingenuous. Looked up his game logs and came across 8 games started versus team above .500 (if you go by their records NOW, which I think is better anyway) and the Phillies are 5-3 in those games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom