• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
JcxYi.gif

Doytch

Sharp said:
Hellickson has godwaful peripherals this year, how has he been so good?
Luck isn't a good enough reason? Though I think he'll be like Price next year. Last year Price had bad peripherals but since he's young, the underlying skills improved this year and he sustained the good performance. I think Hellickson will see the same growth.

BTW, fuck this game. 4th inning and it's already 8:40 on Best Coast.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Sharp said:
Hellickson has godwaful peripherals this year, how has he been so good?

Smoke and mirrors with his above average fastball and top notch changeup. The declining k-rate and increased walk rate is something that they'd be worried about. His absolutely absurd .229 BABIP and 81.7 LOB% are obviously not something to bank on.

darkside31337 said:
CASEY KOTCHMAN. BOOM.

He's had one hell of a year considering the fact he's Casey Kotchman.

Kotchman's always been a good hitter. He got his routine fucked up in 2009 when the Red Sox got him from the Braves and made him a bench player.

Doytch

Friday: Shields/Beckett
Saturday: Niemann/Lester
Sunday: Price/Wakefield

Tomorrow's game looks gooooood. Might even be worth staying in. Sat/Sun matchups don't conflict with Jays games and are day games, win/win.

evil solrac v3.0 said:
not sure I want to see the Rays in the playoffs considering how they are playing.

Who cares, who ever they play the first round, it won't be be us. And if the Yankees do manage to make it past the first round I'd have plenty of confidence in the ALCS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom