• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JABEE

Branduil said:
It was last year.

Look, if Cliff Lee wins his team the world series, I'll take it all back. But until then he's just a two-time loser who is afraid of being the man on his team.
He won two games in the World Series with the Phillies

hemtae

weekend_warrior said:
red sox have a ninth inning rally going!

lol I don't even know why I bothered to check

PANIC PANIC PANIC

Funny how I thought the worst it would get would be when we fell 2-10 at the start of the season after a loss to the Rays

Branduil said:
And they lost the series. As soon as he wins a title I'll change my opinion of him.

But them losing the series had literally nothing to do with him.

No.

The panic in Boston is manufactured.

Don't fall for the okie-doke!

Selig will not allow the Red Sox to Mets-tier fail this late in the season unless they really, really earn it.

JABEE

Branduil said:
And they lost the series. As soon as he wins a title I'll change my opinion of him.
How can Cliff Lee control Cole Hamels choking away a three run lead against Burnett or Pedro Marinez getting beaten by Hideki Matsui. Your idea of what a pitcher can control is outside of the realm of reason.

hemtae

captmcblack said:
No.

The panic in Boston is manufactured.

Don't fall for the okie-doke!

Selig will not allow the Red Sox to Mets-tier fail this late in the season unless they really, really earn it.

The Rays have 7 games with the Yankees and 3 with Toronto while we have 7 games with the Orioles and 3 with the Yankees so I still think we got this even if they do sweep, but the fact that the Red Sox are tanking this late in the season is very worrisome

Branduil

JABEE said:
How can Cliff Lee control Cole Hamels choking away a three run lead against Burnett or Pedro Marinez getting beaten by Hideki Matsui. Your idea of what a pitcher can control is outside of the realm of reason.
TBH I just don't care what he did on other teams. He failed when my team needed him most and then he jumped ship for a team which already had a bunch of pitching. I can't forgive him for that, whatever the advanced stats say. The only advanced stats I care about are world series wins, I don't care how you get them.

Joe Shlabotnik said:
10.00 ERA in the 2001 WS. What a bag of shit that guy was.

Andy Pettitte can't read this; he is blinded by the gleam of his fist of championship rings.

Cliff Lee should go hang out with Andy Pettitte so he can see what championship rings look like.

Branduil

captmcblack said:
Andy Pettitte can't read this; he is blinded by the gleam of his fist of championship rings.

Cliff Lee should go hang out with Andy Pettitte so he can see what championship rings look like.
I agree.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Pablo <3
Such a weird career. Good year, horrible fat year, great year.

PandaReaction400px.gif

Sharp

ToxicAdam said:
Wow, that's pretty incredible. Never thought two teams would have a record close to that one. Especially division rivals.
Nats and Phillies were pretty close to that prior to this year.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Branduil said:
You mean after losing the two most important games of his Rangers career?
Branduil said:
If I understood it, would that change history and make Cliff Lee win when it matters?

He's a good pitcher, but he's not an ace.
Branduil said:
I could buy that if he had one bad game in the series. But he had two in a row.

Well, aces are generally supposed to win against other top pitchers when it really matters.

Of course it doesn't matter much now that he's on a team with real aces, so he doesn't have to face that pressure.
Branduil said:
wtfisthisshit?

Sharp

AnEternalEnigma said:
Youkilis is hurting after the game. He will not be playing tomorrow.
I am so glad we can all enjoy the Red Sox going up in flames together. It is really helping keep MLB-GAF together, I feel.

Windu

Sharp said:
I am so glad we can all enjoy the Red Sox going up in flames together. It is really helping keep MLB-GAF together, I feel.
its like we are all family now.

Sanjuro is like the angry uncle though.

Playoff Odds update at the end of play on September 15:

Code:
AMERICAN LEAGUE
Tigers  -- 100% (clinched AL Central Tie today)
Yankees -- 99.7%
Rangers -- 91.8%
Red Sox -- 88.7%
Angels  -- 11.6%
Rays    -- 8.2%

NATIONAL LEAGUE
Phillies     -- 100% (clinched playoff berth 9/14)
Diamondbacks -- 99.4%
Brewers      -- 99.1%
Braves       -- 96.0%
Cardinals    -- 4.2%
Giants       -- 1.2%

MATHEMATICAL ELIMINATIONS
-- White Sox, AL Central
-- Dodgers, NL West

diddles

Banned
man my hopes were rising for the rays, but i just checked the schedules and it quickly died.
(rays have 3 vs red sox, 7 vs yanks, 3 vs jays. sox have 3 vs rays, 7 vs orioles, 3 vs yanks.)

diddles said:
man my hopes were rising for the rays, but i just checked the schedules and it quickly died.
(rays have 3 vs red sox, 7 vs yanks, 3 vs jays. sox have 3 vs rays, 7 vs orioles, 3 vs yanks.)

well they can go 3-4 against the Yanks, 2-1 versus Boston and 2-1 versus Toronto.

maybe if the Yankees sweep the red sox.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Y2Kev said:
The worst thing about having the rangers in the playoffs is Branduil.

Root for the Angels.

Angels + Rays, believe.

I still can't believe there's a Rangers baseball fan who hates Cliff Lee. Unbelievable.

Windu

DonasaurusRex said:
thank goodness the tigers lost...change your fuckin socks and underwear leyland ...bleagh.
i hope someone is not that superstitious to the point where they don't actually wash their clothes.

eznark

Banned
Y2Kev said:
The worst thing about having the rangers in the playoffs is Branduil.

"Not like we'll do anything in the playoffs. Plus, still a chance we don't get in. I'm betting we don't get in. God, Hamilton is terrible."

nQqaJ.gif

eznark

Banned
Ha. I had a buddy who worked security at Fenway. He was positioned on the field near the visiting teams dugout out near the ballgirl. I don't think a series went by that he didn't get some chicks number for a player.

He claimed that he once got a dudes number for Greg Zaun but I am like 80% sure he was joking.

evil solrac v3.0 said:
well they can go 3-4 against the Yanks, 2-1 versus Boston and 2-1 versus Toronto.

maybe if the Yankees sweep the red sox.

If the Rays take care of business against the Red Sox, they can just let the season play out. They need to fight to sweep the Sox. If they can manage that, shit will get real in the ALE very quickly.

Don't scoff at the Orioles. They've been playing good baseball lately. Don't expect the Red Sox to walk all over them. The O's just took 2 of 3 from the Rays, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom