• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToxicAdam

Me said:
2011 Predictions:

AL East - Sawks
Central - Tigers
West - Rangers

Wild Card - Blue Jays (B-LEVE)

NL East - Phils
Central - Cards
West - Padres

Wild Card - Reds

I always suck at doing those. Proud of my Tigers pick, not many had them winning the Central.

Doytch

Me said:
AL Beast: Red Sox, Yankees WC, Rays, Jays, Orilols
AL Central: White Sox, Twins, Tigers, Royals, Indians
AL Worst: A's, Rangers, Angels, #6org
AL MVP: Adrian
AL Cy: Lester
AL ROTY: Hellickson
AL MOTY: Billy Beane's Finger Puppet

NL East: Braves, Phillies, Marlins, Mets, Natinals
NL Central: Brewers, Reds WC, Cards, Cubs, Pirates, Asstros
NL West: Rox, Giants, Doyers, Padres, Dbags
NL MVP: Prince
NL Cy: Halladay
NL ROTY: Brandon Belt
NL MOTY: Ron Roenicke

DS: Sawx v Sox, Yanks v A's, Braves v Reds, Brewers v Rox
CS: Sawx v Yanks, Braves v Brewers
WS: Sawx v Braves
WS MVP: Adrian
LOL White Sox, A's and Rockies. And that Braves pick was predicated on Heyward not being shit.

e: Holy shit what was I smoking, Phillies not making the playoffs... Had to have been a joke pick.

Doytch said:
LOL White Sox, A's and Rockies. And that Braves pick was predicated on Heyward not being shit.

e: Holy shit what was I smoking, Phillies not making the playoffs... Had to have been a joke pick.
Doytch is an asshole at life, confirmed

Actually, it was confirmed when he posted about beating me in H2H while he was in Euroland with Czech girls. Dick.

Doytch

CajoleJuice said:
Doytch is an asshole at life, confirmed

Actually, it was confirmed when he posted about beating me in H2H while he was in Euroland with Czech girls. Dick.
Was so worth not being able to be competitive in the pay league.

Also, this Bill James temperature rating thing is the stupidest POS ever. Jumped the shark total.

Zep

Banned
Fenix said:
Adam Lind finds new ways to piss me off every day.

prince_and_brewers_expected_to_be_an_easy_split_but_will_it_be.jpg

Dmncnby2k9 said:
I like this Met lineup we have today for next year. Instead of Evans, Hopefully Ike Davis will be back.

Usually happens the day after your mangers calls the team a bunch of quitting pussies.

Fenix

Doytch said:
Especially given that the Jays aren't giving out 6+ yr contracts anymore, acc to the Beest.

Watching BOS/TB, how was McGowan? Velo, command, etc.
I saw that contract talk, but didn't see a direct quote from Beest, still unlikely though.

Lambchops was sitting 93-35, hit 96 once or twice. Command much better than his previous outing, FB had decent movement on it. Dropped a beauty curve on Granderson. 2 BB and a few K I think.

Bautista's now 5 walks away from setting a new Jays record for BB in a season.

Doytch

Jennings has played in 51 games and has 6 3-hit games? I have no frame of reference on that stat, but it's hella impressive. I think.

David Wright's a pretty cool dude.

Doytch said:
Jennings has played in 51 games and has 6 3-hit games? I have no frame of reference on that stat, but it's hella impressive. I think.
The guy should be high in ROY voting. Ever since he joined the Rays, they have been playing great baseball. And of course he has solid numbers.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
CajoleJuice said:
Rays probably should have brought up Jennings earlier, but LEGEND OF SAM FULD and all that. ROFL

goddamn it

Actually it was all about service time.

Rays probably would have called him a couple weeks earlier but he broke his wrist right around when they could have first called him up.

But yeah SAM FULD and all that.

Doytch

Windu said:
he's no MVP though.
mets would probably be better off without him and jose reyes, if we're being completely serious.
Rays probably would have called him a couple weeks earlier but he broke his wrist right around when they could have first called him up.
dude he was avail well before they called him up. he was the toast of this town! everyone was talking about desmond jennings! (total lie.) he was avail well before they called him up though.

Fenix

Doytch said:

David Wright's a pretty cool dude.
Obscure stats: 38% of Jennings' base hits have gone for extra bases this year, 53% for Lawrie.

League average is 33%.

Doytch

Fenix said:
Obscure stats: 38% of Jennings' base hits have gone for extra bases this year, 53% for Lawrie.

League average is 33%.
Course Jennings also used some of his 15 SB to turn singles into XBH.
eznark said:
Fuck you (assuming this is a dig on my turning 30 today)
i wish, had no idea. but grats on not dying, dude.

Fenix

Doytch said:
Course Jennings also used some of his 15 SB to turn singles into XBH.

i wish, had no idea. but grats on not dying, dude.
True dat, both are beasts. I was surprised to find out Lawrie already has 7 SB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom