• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rc213

CajoleJuice said:
Rays probably should have brought up Jennings earlier, but LEGEND OF SAM FULD and all that. ROFL

goddamn it

2is9nih.jpg

darkside31337 said:
Actually it was all about service time.

Rays probably would have called him a couple weeks earlier but he broke his wrist right around when they could have first called him up.

But yeah SAM FULD and all that.
Just wanted to make fun of the Sam Fuld phenomenon.
30/30 + batting title = MVP?
Wright went 30/30 and hit .325 in 2007.

sigh

eznark

Banned
Doytch said:
I give it to Kemp if the season ends today. Better defense at a premium position. Voters probably wouldn't agree tho.
I'd go Upton before Kemp personally but the three are close enough that either of them is a good pick. It won't be a Tulowitzki level snub at any rate.

eznark said:
I'd go Upton before Kemp personally but the three are close enough that either of them is a good pick. It won't be a Tulowitzki level snub at any rate.
I thought you were an offense-first guy. Yeah, they are close, but only because UZR gives Upton a 14 run advantage. Kemp is crushing him at the plate.

eznark

Banned
CajoleJuice said:
I thought you were an offense-first guy. Yeah, they are close, but only because UZR gives Upton a 14 run advantage. Kemp is crushing him at the plate.
I'm bias to team performance because of the name of the award. If it's close I go to the guy whose Value mattered.

I don't exclude non-contenders mind you, but it's an effective tie-breaker.

eznark said:
I'm bias to team performance because of the name of the award. If it's close I go to the guy whose Value mattered.

I don't exclude non-contenders mind you, but it's an effective tie-breaker.
Maybe I'm just getting disillusioned with UZR as the end-all-be-all for defensive evaluation, too. Kemp is a full two wins above pretty much everyone going by B-Ref WAR.

eznark

Banned
CajoleJuice said:
Maybe I'm just getting disillusioned with UZR as the end-all-be-all for defensive evaluation, too. Kemp is a full two wins above pretty much everyone going by B-Ref WAR.
Until someone adds a "Most Feared" factor war will continue to be useless.

Doytch

darkside31337 said:
Desmond Jennings intimidates so much, drawing 4 pitch walks with not a single pitch within 3 feet of the strike zone.
Nah, Beckett was just pitching to the ump's strike zone.

Doytch

darkside31337 said:
They took him out for Aceves.

I know they're both fatasses but Aceves is definitely slimmer.
Man that's the second time I've completely forgot who's pitching. Goddamn Bombay Sapphire.

verbum

Houston, Kansas City, Florida, and Baltimore all have scored more runs than the Braves so far tonight. And they are playing for what?
Bad news Braves, every year it seems like the Braves just can't hold any kind of lead in the standings.
Just pay Derek Lowe to go away next year. And please pay Linebrink to go away now.

Edit: It looks like the Cardinals refuse to win as well. 2-2 in the bottom of the 9th.

Fenix

Of course Lawrie scores the winning run.

Edit:
VVVVVV Jays are perfect at home in extras bro, this was obviously inevitable. VVVVVV

Fucking asshole canada team. this shouldn't even count, it's being played in canada for christs sake. why not just play in the north pole on the ice with the polar bears and penguins. fuck canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom