• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

Finally. Relief.

Nl4AE.gif

Cardinals win 4-2 in 11 innings over the Phillies. Braves getting slaughtered 12-2 by the Mets.

Braves' lead will be down to 3.5 games momentarily.

clemenx

Banned
I know it's the A's but how is Doug Fister so good, wtf.

5 fWAR season too, I was almost certain he was a smoke and mirrors guy.

beast786

clemenx said:

I always wanted to say to you ... I luv You.

Give me the division.... 3 more outs.

ToxicAdam

clemenx said:

He pitches strikes and isn't afraid to throw his curve in any count.

Maybe I have selection bias because he always did good against the Indians, but I'm not sure why the Mariners traded him.

VRMN

Man, what a night. It's been too long for the Tigers; 24 years since the last division championship and this year they're the first to clinch their division.

Terrific team; I have high hopes for these guys in the postseason.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
AnEternalEnigma said:
Cardinals win 4-2 in 11 innings over the Phillies. Braves getting slaughtered 12-2 by the Mets.

Braves' lead will be down to 3.5 games momentarily.
we got this

Code:
Playoff Odds update at the end of play on September 16

[U]AMERICAN LEAGUE[/U]
Tigers  -- 100% (clinched AL Central title today)
Yankees -- 99.6%
Red Sox -- 95.9%
Rangers -- 91.6%
Angels  -- 9.5%
Rays    -- 3.4%

[U]NATIONAL LEAGUE[/U]
Phillies     -- 100% (clinched NL East tie today)
Brewers      -- 99.5%
Diamondbacks -- 98.7%
Braves       -- 90.0%
Cardinals    -- 8.8%
Giants       -- 3.0%

[U]MATHEMATICAL ELIMINATIONS[/U]
- Indians, AL Central
- White Sox, AL Wild Card
- Reds, NL Wild Card

I was just watching the post game interview on MLBN with Leyland. I'm sorry but I laughed when he got all misty eyed over the Tigers fans supporting him and the team. We've always supportes the team but not Leyland and Dowbrowski. If only Jim knew my old roommate had his picture on a dartboard.

Square Triangle said:
I was just watching the post game interview on MLBN with Leyland. I'm sorry but I laughed when he got all misty eyed over the Tigers fans supporting him and the team. We've always supportes the team but not Leyland and Dowbrowski. If only Jim knew my old roommate had his picture on a dartboard.
Congrats Tigers fan! You guys must be happy. Facing Verlander and if Fister continues pitching the way he is should make you guys a tough out.

Dmncnby2k9 said:
Congrats Tigers fan! You guys must be happy. Facing Verlander and if Fister continues pitching the way he is should make you guys a tough out.

I agree 100%. I think the Tigers are going to go to the WS.

Tigers win ever game JV starts in the playoffs, no doubt. All they need is one 1 in the 1st round and 2 in the second. I dont feel the other AL teams are so dominant that they will win all the non-JV stats. I actually hope that Tigers dont make it, because I think they would beat the Phils as well, if the Phils make it.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
yankeehater said:
Tigers win ever game JV starts in the playoffs, no doubt.

The Tigers have won 75% of the time Verlander has taken the mound during the regular season. The notion that the Tigers are somehow a lock against a really good team like the Red Sox or the Rangers for game 1 is absurd. Favorites in each game Verlander pitches, for sure, but there is no such as a "no doubt" game in the playoffs. There just isn't.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
To win in the first round of the playoffs the Yankees basically have to start CC Sabathia game one. And two. And three. And four and five if necessary.

JaskoX1

Banned
Santana is not messing around. Broke some HR record.

For switch hitters on the Indians :p

Also... congrats Detroit on clinching the division...

beast786

darkside31337 said:
The Tigers have won 75% of the time Verlander has taken the mound during the regular season. The notion that the Tigers are somehow a lock against a really good team like the Red Sox or the Rangers for game 1 is absurd. Favorites in each game Verlander pitches, for sure, but there is no such as a "no doubt" game in the playoffs. There just isn't.

Verlander has won 11 straight. 20 of last 22. Yes, there is no guarantee. But he is as close as you can get.

beast786

JaskoX1 said:
Santana is not messing around. Broke some HR record.

For switch hitters on the Indians :p

Also... congrats Detroit on clinching the division...

It was tough what happened to you guys down the stretch. Just too many injuries. I think our division is going to be strong next year. With you guys, WS, Minn with injuries and even KC looks good.

JaskoX1

Banned
beast786 said:
It was tough what happened to you guys down the stretch. Just too many injuries. I think our division is going to be strong next year. With you guys, WS, Minn with injuries and even KC looks good.
Agreed. While the trades in July helped, way to late imo. Minny will almost automatically bounce back next season with talent. KC and CLE continue to be at the bottom of the team payrolls - with so many up and coming players. With the injuries, we're basically the Clippers playing. Mark Shapiro to the Cubs would be a blessing and there's multiple changes I would make to this roster. (sign Asdrubal long term, dish off Grady, Santana permanent to 1b go for Kurt Suzuki trade?, sign a big time rhb, and for the love of god get rid of fausto carmona but watch him become a star else where because that's WHAT WE DO)

Detroit holds it off, defeat the empires of the East in Oct. Tiger's pitching is very underrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom